DPS chanter?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DPS chanter?

i come back to aion from years break,use to play gladiator main back in the days but decided to start over with chanter now because it simple look like fun class to play and i love hybrid classes in PVP.my question is how viable is dps chanter in PVE and how hard will be finding groups for dungeons as DPS chanter?
    • HappySkooby wrote:

i come back to aion from years break,use to play gladiator main back in the days but decided to start over with chanter now because it simple look like fun class to play and i love hybrid classes in PVP.my question is how viable is dps chanter in PVE and how hard will be finding groups for dungeons as DPS chanter?
      My chanter is lvl 73 at this moment, I try to focus PvP.

Usually when you end up in instances people do expect you to go on healing spec.
      People are not likely to accept full DPS chanters those days.
      Scan - Telemachus (Deyla)
      Elyos Assassin

How do you contribute to an healthy community?
    • Almost each top group has 2 supports cler+ 1 dps chanter. So, you should find group easily.
      But would be better if you can sometimes help with little support, then gonna be perfect.

Idk about full dps chanters in pve, but atm there is no so hard instances that ppl cant invite one more chanter as dps. You can be dps, but with support build of stigmas to increase dps of others.

Chanter is the best choice for 1v1 nowadays. Better than bard, cler or sm. But you need to have different sets to become top (1 main dps, 1 acc set, 1 MR or MS set, 1 agility or block set, also if you dont mind to be support chanter, then + Healing Boost (HB) set). With only 1 cleric in group it's much better and effective to stay on full support as chanter (ofc can help with dps when group's HP is fine or if pressure vs your group is indeed high- only to use 4s stun, hallowed strike and bind of skills each cd on enemies to reduce their dps - that all means hybrid style)
    • As far as DPS goes don't expect to be on top of lists, chanters played properly deal a decent amount of damage but it's still nothing compared to assassins or sorcerers. Current endgame meta is chanters with support vision skill DPSing, only helping out with healing when cleric is having problems, and even then it's usually enough to pop the 75 High Daeva shield. Really the only time you will be expected to heal is when you're invited as support. But even if you come to a instance with DPS stigmas you should bring Word of Inspiration, especially if you have physical classes in the group, as it adds a good bit of damage.
    • HappySkooby wrote:

my question is how viable is dps chanter in PVE and how hard will be finding groups for dungeons as DPS chanter?

@HappySkooby At least from my experience no1 wants exactly* dps chanters for pve , however lots of ppl rly like to have chanter with full support stigma on full dps gear. Thats for higher content and in stronger groups/alliances. Such chanter is rly valuable since it can deal a lot of dmg while giving a lot of dmg to the rest of the group

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• As others have said - Chanter currently is a viable DPS class, it is probably stronger than ever before.

That being said the sweet spot for group pve is either support stigmas in a physical heavy group or all-out-dps in a magic heavy group. If there's at least one other physical DPS you need to bring Word of Inspiration though.

Either way you will be expected to DPS unless you're the designated main healer or stated otherwise for other reasons.
    • I go hybrid at all times ;) lv74 atm
    • HappySkooby wrote:

can you guys give me example of stigma build?
      i suppose aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/c0A0D0F0L0M0K0Z0Z75 or aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/c0B0C0H0L0M0J0Z0Z75 , but then again dont take my word for it i am not rly a chanter player (yet) , @Erufuun should be the one to tell u the best as he's been testing around i suppse and prolly one of the best chanters
    • after fixing the SM>temp>sin , next in line will be my chanter, and i'll defintely find for myself best combination, got my accesories and weapon but still have to make dps armor. No kinah for that atm tho :X
    • Kadex wrote:

one of the worse dps classes in pve
      ye sure with the only difference that it does same/more than AT , same as templar , not far behind ranger , WHILE GIVING 10-20% dmg to all phys classes and some to magic, so overal a chanter can give overal dps the most of the entire group
    • i dont wanna argue about how much dmg x-class brings to others. ofc mantras help the grp but the chanter itself still isnt a great dps class imo.
      ppl can have other opinions ofc.
      on my sm i farm 30-40% more chaos rift boxes than on my chanter. both with equal pve gear. not reducing chanter on that, but overall other classes finish solo pve content faster. the fact that u cant use a big amount of ur skills on bosses or mobs in general that u cant stumble/stun to 100% is whats decreasing chanter dmg. during blessing of wind and wow chanter is still beast even without stumbles/stuns.
      as dps chanter with dps stigmas its pretty hard to find grps cause in the end u get reduced on mantras and vision, even tho u can have 24/7 invinc mantras and equip woi which comes close to vision support wise. ppl still prefer to see a white buff instead of a red one :)