Neviwind Canyon - AFK Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adartaer wrote:

Imo the best solution is "Vote Kick System" :)
      Probly too much work for them.

@Galeas Enable kicking with binding guidelines & also stricter enforcement from support, what i mean is If player A gets reported multiple times for afking, support HAVE to check it, if its proven player A was not contributing to the Instance in reported cases - Ban him for a week or two.
      If Player B(Lead/co lead) kicks people unjustified and the get reported several times for it - same as above.
      (Contribution because of "spamming a skill with macro" etc is no contribution and equals afking.)
      If that rule/guideline enforcement spreads people will stop afking or entering, which is no loss either.

More work for the support of GF, but the most efficient way.
      But seriously, my opinion - That won't happen as from personal experience, well over 200 support tickets, the support is lazy af and their daily buisness in the ticket system is copy/pasting answers. If you smart enough to avoid automatic system answers ;)

And while this "emergency solution" is valid, gf/ncsoft can think about the votekick option or even more complicated systems to keep their content playable.
    • DerHans wrote:

Adartaer wrote:

Imo the best solution is "Vote Kick System" :)
      Probly too much work for them.
      @Galeas Enable kicking with binding guidelines & also stricter enforcement from support, what i mean is If player A gets reported multiple times for afking, support HAVE to check it, if its proven player A was not contributing to the Instance in reported cases - Ban him for a week or two.
      but i hope ban only for canyon? ;D not full account. is too much since aion lost already some online everywhere.
    • How many leaders do you see AFK? I've yet to see one.

I read so many "what ifs" in this thread. Sure, it CAN happen, but is it really an argument against a kick option? Don't think so.
      The rational decision here is to be able to kick people that abuse the instance for marginal rewards by being AFK. It's against the TOS for several reasons, it needs to be dealt with.
    • Why do so many of you complain about others AFK-ing @ quick entry. Quick entry is essentially a "luck of the draw" scenario where every participant can do or not do whatever the fruit they want (a coin flip which could go either way). Maybe 1% of all quick entry events end in a neck and neck battle, the remaining 99% are a one-sided steam-roll.

If you are looking for more stability and reliability, you do always have the option of joining or recruiting a "premade" alliance to your liking where everyone will participate (of-course you will still always lose to stronger alliances and win versus weaker ones).

The one and only reason for why people AFK (not just Neviwind but everything else that is AFK-able) is the fact everyone gets the same reward regardless of contribution (a reward even with no contribution). That means the best DPS or healers and leaders who have almost single-handedly ensured the success of the run will get the same exact reward as those who contributed absolutely nothing. So why try at all.

But you should to ask yourselves, what is the real reason why it bothers you when others get "free rewards". :)

People are competitive in nature, but at the same time will choose the path of least resistance. If their contribution of a greater deal doesn't go recognized in some way or another (as in greater reward, esteem, thanks w/e) they will eventually lose any motivation they might have had to do so and instead do just barely enought to hit the minimum bar of tolerance, if that translates to fully AFK-ing thru-out the event so be it. As you can clearly see the current "equal reward" system does not work out and a contribution/participation based rewards one is needed. The upcoming 6.0 update does somewhat address the issue (altho not nearly enough).

All that aside, the funniest thing of all is the fact that most of the players who are complaining about others afking in this thread are and/or have been AFK-ing in a simmilar way themselves (such as arenas, sieges, dredgion events and various other battlefields for AP/HP/insignia), yes i know who you are. :D

Click wrote:

enabling kick option

menaq wrote:

Re-enabling kicking isn't the optimal solution

Rym wrote:

kicking a player

Kuroiz wrote:

what if the leader is afk

and many many others...

If anything of the sort becomes avaliable in the future please make sure it avaliable for every single piece of auto-grouping content (including arena of cooperation, dredgions, all sieges including Pangea, invasion etc.).

The post was edited 6 times, last by Trubbish ().

• Rym wrote:

Do note that kicking a player will immediately reset any and all CDs the player might have on neviwind and can instantly re-join.
      That's a bloody shame. But I imagine getting kicked the majority of times will demotivated a large amount of people that AFK alot.
    • Trubbish wrote:

Why do so many of you complain about others AFK-ing @ quick entry. Quick entry is essentially a "luck of the draw" scenario where every participant can do or not do whatever the fruit they want (a coin flip which could go either way). Maybe 1% of all quick entry events end in a neck and neck battle, the remaining 99% are a one-sided steam-roll.
      at the very least when u enter as "pre-recruit" u enter as 24 and the ppl after that are quick entry regardless of that.
    • @Trubbish It all fine with what you said but the problem is that we don't have a proper recruitment tool for canyon, unlike the other instances.

I agree that plenty of times I went afk in dredgions, because most people that join quick entry will join to afk, or arenas because there was no way to do something with no gear, and then I can go eat or something else. In quick entry dredgion it's your own fault if you try to win it like that, so is in canyon, but in canyon you don't have a proper recruitment system. I joined random allies formed, and won, but others can still join as quick entry in your league. I blame it all on the recruitment system. The kick option shouldn't be the solution if the cause of afk is the bad recruitment system.
    • Kicking was removed for a reason.
      the solution of 1 run per day at 6.0 was not done for afkers was done for balancing purpose of the amount of items.

If its game mechanism its not fair to get ban, meaning u cant expect from support to ban afk people they are allowed from the game.
      You either allow kicking or no ban for afking.

Now please do not implent simple kicking. its not fair and thats why it was removed.
      examples: there are runs that people put me on purpose with no healer cause i made argument to them for previous runs going 2 healers + 2chanters on one pt cause they were friends and left an ally with no heal.
      examples: leader in siege kicked my wife cause she not near them and decided to do mob quest instead of boss. imagine if you go pve or pvp when a random player from different server tells u something different from what u want to do with your gameplay...

the moment u have an auto ally, u cant have kick decided by the leader
      leaders will abuse the system cause they are humans, as afkers abuse the afking. as most aion (mmo) players abuse what ever the can

if i am leader i might kick all 74 and below so i have spots for 75ers or well known gg persons, frieds etc....i might kick people i dont like. (i even tried to get lead to kick ppl from previous examples but i choose not after all)
      some people might try to get lead while dual boxing and have alts from opposite side just to mess runs, endless possibilities that made kick to be removed in 5.8 and not even return in 6.0
      in 6.0 with 1 run per day people are forced to go premade allies.
      the same way u dont accept low lvl, bad geared in premades
      I cant gample my entry if my leader is honorable person or in good mood that day (toxicity is one of the greatest problems in mmos)
      support will not respond to "unfair kicks" they dont allready imagine if they have 200+ per day
      its humanly imposible to respond to so many tickets / players/ runs (i know, i work for IT department with helpdesk and user level support)
      i made tickets for previous unfair kicks for various (non good at writing english) friends or for myself u get an auto reply and nothing happens.

Also u need more time to write a ticket than make new run, leading in letting the abuse kicker not even be reported. (if u manage to see his name or the person with vice etc, you want to play not press screenshots all the time)
      U either implement an auto kick mechanism (example 2 or 3 times not pressing ready check with 2 or 3 minutes interval )
      ideally vote kick and vote for leader should be in every mass instance. but we cant expect to be implemented by a publisher when the developer did not put it there 1st hand

Remove rewards below 4k, but as we qq for apes in luna, stigmas are there cause game needs many of them in 5.8
      Another solution make quick entry 1 per day (or remove it), but ppl might do whole afk allies... we saw that with dredgion parties but if 1 ally afk hard to win any rewards

This last 2 will make people at least try for 4k

Make content rewarding for winning its more productive

But mostly we make complaints about quick entry..... instead of that go with premade allies like u do for kbf/bmr/dredgion!
      The game allready has the solution for afkers... premade parties

Edit: people saying that after the 24 people u get quick entry people are correct and have a fair point. so maybe change the que premades vs premades?
      i guess fear (of kick) might work better than reason or better mechanisms :(

The post was edited 8 times, last by Vilor ().

• Now I have a question. How many entries did they have in 5.8 if in 6.0 they have just one? Was it also open 24/7? I'm asking because the same instance was and it still is different in NA, where I think it was just for one hour before 5.8 and now it's 2 afaik, and maybe the entries were limited too.
    • Vilor wrote:

Kicking was removed for a reason.
      the solution of 1 run per day at 6.0 was not done for afkers was done for balancing perpuse of the amount of items.
      Assuming that was targeted @ me. What I actually had in mind was how 6.0 sieges went back to contribution systems (best motherloving DPS gets best reward, potato DPS gets zilch).

Also @Vilor go easy on the bold print m8
    • Trubbish wrote:

Vilor wrote:

Kicking was removed for a reason.
      the solution of 1 run per day at 6.0 was not done for afkers was done for balancing perpuse of the amount of items.
      Assuming that was targeted @ me. What I actually had in mind was how 6.0 sieges went back to contribution systems (best motherloving DPS gets best reward, potato DPS gets zilch).
      Also @Vilor go easy on the bold print m8
      sorry just saw how uggly it is, its not my default browser i change it asap

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vilor ().

• Vilor wrote:

"Now please do not implent simple kicking. its not fair and thats why it was removed.
      examples: there are runs that people put me on purpose with no healer cause i made argument to them for previous runs going 2 healers + 2chanters on one pt cause they were friends and left an ally with no heal."

Dick move, but you had an argument. People generally don't like that. Playing Neviwind without a healer is not gamebreaking, you can still do absolutely fine. Has nothing to do with the subject of kicking.

"examples: leader in siege kicked my wife cause she not near them and decided to do mob quest instead of boss. imagine if you go pve or pvp when a random player from different server tells u something different from what u want to do with your gameplay..."

Again. You decided to do something else from what is considered to be the better strategy to win the game. Maybe learn to adapt and play together to increase your odds of winning games.

"
      the moment u have an auto ally, u cant have kick decided by the leader
      leaders will abuse the system cause they are humans, as afkers abuse the afking. as most aion (mmo) players abuse what ever the can"

It's the only viable solution to deal with the AFK madness that is going on. Very few people will abuse the system for fears of getting reported. These are just assumptions based on nothing.

if i am leader i might kick all 74 and below so i have spots for 75ers or well known gg persons, frieds etc....i might kick people i dont like. (i even tried to get lead to kick ppl from previous examples but i choose not after all)

You might. And you might just get reported for that since that is not allowed. Don't assume everybody wants to be a dick.

some people might try to get lead while dual boxing and have alts from opposite side just to mess runs, endless possibilities that made kick to be removed in 5.8 and not even return in 6.0

Honestly? you'd rather have 50% of your neviwind sit there AFK abusing the system because 1 try hard MIGHT dual box?

In 6.0 with 1 run per day people are forced to go premade allies.

We're not playing 6.0. We're stuck in this patch for quite some time.

The same way u dont accept low lvl, bad geared in premades
      I cant gample my entry if my leader is honorable person or in good mood that day (toxicity is one of the greatest problems in mmos)

You're making it look like every time you go Neviwind it's just a 50/50 of getting kicked or not. I'm seriously starting to think there is something wrong with you that you infuriate every alliance leader to a point where they just kick you out of spite.

• You're making it look like every time you go Neviwind it's just a 50/50 of getting kicked or not. I'm seriously starting to think there is something wrong with you that you infuriate every alliance leader to a point where they just kick you out of spite.
      That is actually what will happen. I've seen an active streamer in EU, who got kicked in the past like in 2 runs in the same day. He was active, he did fine, and near the end when to get rewords, he got kicked.