Neviwind Canyon - AFK Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sebivine wrote:

DerHans wrote:

The matter with problems in AION is the time GF/NCSoft takes themself to do something.
      As best example "Luna" it dropped "too good" - nerf within 1 week.
      Something bugs/ something benefits players - we have to evaluate, analyze, send it to NC, wait for a reply, request a change, have to test it, have to send it again to NC, NC programs it, NC sends it back - OH we already have the next update and all the stuff is obsolete.

The working process should be fixed. Atleast thats the POV from me.
      yeah it looks like that working process can be improved, but gameforge only publishes this game in europe -> aka they probably don't have a choice other than sending to NCsoft and waiting for a working fix. meaning if they speed it up = might be a buggy fix that can possible result in big bug abusing. so persoanlly i prefer longer waiting for good fixes.it's one thing to want something or to say it should be faster, but the fact is that this is the chain of operations, and players get annoyed by it, but i'm pretty sure the company whose losing money due to bugs/bad game features while waiting for fix is more annoyed

also the same with luna, you say nerfed within 1 week but it took like 2 months to nerf (prolly had to have conversation with ncsoft)
      Even if the Luna Nerf was 2 months in planning, it still was way faster than anything benefiting players.
      Gameforge was loosing money so they probly built up more pressure that they need a fix.

But that will remain a mystery forever, as Gameforge follows, like with EVERYTHING, the zero Information policy.

Transparency, a forbidden word within the GF Ranks concerning the community.But lets stop, we are going kinda far offtopic.
    • do you have any idea how it is coded? I don't, so how can we even consider what is easier to implement/fix by KR?
      and I am pretty sure that after all these years, NC KR doesn't have the same amount of people on the game as before either
      Furthermore if I were them (KR) - why should I invest time into anything that is already dealt with in the next patch (talking 6.0 here)?
    • Evita wrote:

do you have any idea how it is coded? I don't, so how can we even consider what is easier to implement/fix by KR?
      and I am pretty sure that after all these years, NC KR doesn't have the same amount of people on the game as before either
      Furthermore if I were them (KR) - why should I invest time into anything that is already dealt with in the next patch (talking 6.0 here)?
      If thats the case then they should communitcate that decision "No we won't change/fix anything as its removed with 6.0"
      But saying nothing or playing for time is BS.
    • Galeas wrote:

We are playing the game. Anyway, in this case, evaluating possible solutions is not about game knowledge, it's about analyzing what is technically doable and what will be the best for the players (that's why I asked the question here). We already agreed on the fact that this is annoying for the players and that we need to take actions if possible, this is not what's being discussed.

What's being discussed is the way to prevent afk from ruining the game experience in this instance.
      It understandable that you evaluate technical constraints however- , whatever solution you are evaluating should demonstrate your knowledge of the game, not just take player's feedback as a given, maybe you can come up with a better suggestion that just bringing back player's kicking since that is open to abuse- unless you also bring in, post and enforce rules under which the kick should be used. That means being ready to ban those who abuse the kick feature.
    • Just remove this goddamm instance already and give rewards in other PVP quests.. i find it rare GF didn't block this instance yet since there are way more afk'ers then luna ever had. Or maybe they know that the boxes you can get with the medals contain nothing then crap and the more you reroll the worse it gets. Stigmabundles are not as important as APES i guess coz getting just 1 stigma on +9 is as hard as getting a elephant to play piano, therefor you can afk your arce off to get 10k bundles fast.. you might get 1 on +9 and then you're hooked to get the other 5 as high (shits that means more afk)

youtube.com/watch?v=XC7z8JU5jZU
    • a little off topic but at the same time on topic:

Luna nerf, took 5 or 6 weeks since it went live, as we were close to have the 7/7 quest item for the 90 manastones, so it took then 1 and a half months.
      The hero trial issue where everyone was getting apes, it took then like 1-2 weeks to fix it.

So they can implement fixes "quickly". The issue over here, is that they don't even know which fix to implement or what to do.

Anyway, like someone suggested, having 1 GM online (just few hours) and banning the AFK for 3 days, it will solve the AFK issues at least by 50% or more
    • Lahire wrote:

Anyway, like someone suggested, having 1 GM online (just few hours) and banning the AFK for 3 days, it will solve the AFK issues at least by 50% or more
      problem is that i see even ingame ppl advising others to do afk canyons... its pissing me off a lot
    • Lahire wrote:

a little off topic but at the same time on topic:

Luna nerf, took 5 or 6 weeks since it went live, as we were close to have the 7/7 quest item for the 90 manastones, so it took then 1 and a half months.
      The hero trial issue where everyone was getting apes, it took then like 1-2 weeks to fix it.

So they can implement fixes "quickly". The issue over here, is that they don't even know which fix to implement or what to do.

hero trials can probably be changed more easily because it's a gameforge only feature, korea don't have it

i don't know if a gm can enter a neviwind thats busy already manually, but seeing as this instance is more popular than before ppl can just wait till evening to do this afki'ng because gm's go home at night i guess xD and im not so sure if afk is actually against the rules, they can say "my fire alarm went off and you guys ban me 3 days wtf"

best way to deal with afk is having a productivity meter, you do below X = no or less rewards, you do nothing = kick ... giving kick function will end up in abuse and people shouting that they got kicked for no reason (even if they were afk or not)
      Divine

The post was edited 1 time, last by Divine ().

• put soulstones to runatorium, increase to 3/3 daily - regardless of who wins or who loses. Earn more cash from selling runat reset scrolls ( limit the soulstone for 4 a day ). On average ppl will have more chance to win here then in nevi ( since nevi requires 30 ppl to make fight flip ) . Problem solved.
    • Yoo wrote:

bad poll. The solution is: to introduce personal point points for activity in the game (killing enemies, taking tp, etc.) and giving bonuses according to the number of points. Who does not have personal points - he does not have a reward. Who have many of them, have much more reward. (2x etc.)This would be a good solution
      .. this proposal would be a good solution ..

Another good soluition: Whoever wins have double reward - who lose has no reward -> loss = -0- no reward.
      --------------------------->
      Neviwind Canyon is absoluty best PvP instance across servers, but it needs to be solved problem from afk players. > Kick is bad idea - bad solution > Reduction enter per day is also bad solution.
    • Yoo wrote:

Yoo wrote:

bad poll. The solution is: to introduce personal point points for activity in the game (killing enemies, taking tp, etc.) and giving bonuses according to the number of points. Who does not have personal points - he does not have a reward. Who have many of them, have much more reward. (2x etc.)This would be a good solution
      .. this proposal would be a good solution ..
      Another good soluition: Whoever wins have double reward - who lose has no reward -> loss = -0- no reward.
      --------------------------->
      Neviwind Canyon is absoluty best PvP instance across servers, but it needs to be solved problem from afk players. > Kick is bad idea - bad solution > Reduction enter per day is also bad solution.
      Regardless of your opinion Neviwind Canyon will be limited times per day.