Additional source of APES and Serums, ETA?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Additional source of APES and Serums, ETA?

Galeas wrote:

Hello Daevas,

A few months ago, we modified the Luna instances and the rewards they provide. In order to compensate for that, we added more items as rewards within our Hero Trials system.

We said back then that we would be monitoring the situation closely and would make improvements where necessary. Since October, we have been gathering your feedback on this and especially the criticisms you made.Your main concerns were that sometimes you don’t even get your rewards due to a bug in completing the quests. It was also highlighted that you feel that you don’t have the freedom to decide when you complete the quests as you have to follow the schedule.Finally, many of you asked us to also provide Holy Upgrade Serums and make the items tradeable.

For these reasons, we decided to implement an additional solution on top of the Hero Trials. We will be implementing a new NPC who will provide additional All Powerful Enchantment Stones and Holy Upgrade Serums (but also mounts and other items) in exchange for a new currency. This currency will be given out as a reward when killing bosses in specific dungeons. The NPC will offer tradeable items, but also non-tradeable items for a cheaper price.

We believe that this NPC will bring you more flexibility than the Hero Trials as you will have the choice to farm tokens whenever you like during the week.

As soon as the new NPC is ready to be implemented, we will naturally share a news post with the full details .

Galeas and the Aion Team.
      Any news regarding this? @Galeas

• Hello dear gullible people,

A few months ago we modified Luna instance with zero logic and reasoning, under the pretext of making it better and made it worthless. Even though the issue with it wasn't a big deal except with the weekly quest that gave too much. The reality was, you could not really AFK those instances and get rewarded because only 1 in 8~ runs gave rank S. In order to compensate for that, we added just a part of what we removed from Luna instances, untradable apes, while somehow forgetting to add serums, to Hero Trials.

We said back then that we would be monitoring the situation closely and would make improvements where necessary. Since October, we have been gathering your feedback on this and especially the criticisms you made and came to the conclusion and decision to remove ALL the good quests ( arkhal, lok, exp ) and keep the quests you all have been complaining about ( kill 40 enemy in abyss, nosra assassin etc.). And we have replaced the good rewarding quests with impossible for 90% of people instances, such as Holy Tower!

For these reasons, we decided to implement an additional solution on top of the Hero Trials. We will be implementing a new NPC who will provide additional All Powerful Enchantment, which will be worse than old Hero Trials system, which was worse than old Hell Pass system! Ain't that better? In exchange for some currency, that we don't know anything about yet, but we might make it drop only from the last boss in Museum of Knowledge!

We believe that this NPC will nerf things further, anger the community more! We've been really taking into the consideration the community's feedback

As soon as the new NPC is ready to be properly nerfed and implemented, we will naturally share a news post with the full details, also keep an eye out for the next hot thing in cash shop, +25 Twisted Sunayaka's Box in Cash Shop directly, coming in hot!

more like that, am I right?
    • 9/10 for creativity, but keep in mind this is on top of what we currently have, so for starters how about you look on the bright side, that at least there's something more. They may have just as well left it the way it is.

• Raeinor wrote:

9/10 for creativity, but keep in mind this is on top of what we currently have, so for starters how about you look on the bright side, that at least there's something more. They may have just as well left it the way it is.
      On top of what? Can you repeat that again? We have nothing. They ruined Hero Trials, they ruined Luna instances.
    • Hero Trials are still very much doable. Maybe Holy Tower isn't exactly for everyone, I`ll give you that, but 300 HP isn't hard to get, especially on a siege day, 40 kills are easy to get since that one is always on monday, which I remind you has an abyss siege, the Narakkalli trial is currently broken, but it doesn't take +20 gear or an IQ of 250 to finish. On top of that there's the option to exchange Grey Wolf Medals, Spinell Coins and a bunch of kinah for APES, there's the drop in Library, which is deffinitely not hard, otherwise they wouldn't have removed it from the HT list. So, on top of what are we about to get the new system?

• Raeinor wrote:

Galeas wrote:

Hello Daevas,

A few months ago, we modified the Luna instances and the rewards they provide. In order to compensate for that, we added more items as rewards within our Hero Trials system.

We said back then that we would be monitoring the situation closely and would make improvements where necessary. Since October, we have been gathering your feedback on this and especially the criticisms you made.Your main concerns were that sometimes you don’t even get your rewards due to a bug in completing the quests. It was also highlighted that you feel that you don’t have the freedom to decide when you complete the quests as you have to follow the schedule.Finally, many of you asked us to also provide Holy Upgrade Serums and make the items tradeable.

For these reasons, we decided to implement an additional solution on top of the Hero Trials. We will be implementing a new NPC who will provide additional All Powerful Enchantment Stones and Holy Upgrade Serums (but also mounts and other items) in exchange for a new currency. This currency will be given out as a reward when killing bosses in specific dungeons. The NPC will offer tradeable items, but also non-tradeable items for a cheaper price.

We believe that this NPC will bring you more flexibility than the Hero Trials as you will have the choice to farm tokens whenever you like during the week.

As soon as the new NPC is ready to be implemented, we will naturally share a news post with the full details .

Galeas and the Aion Team.
      Any news regarding this? @Galeas
      We sent the request for the NPC to NCSoft already and are waiting for the patch. When we have it, we need to test it and when it works we want to implement it right away. It is hard to give and ETA but for sure whenever it is ready it will be put live with the following maintenance.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Raeinor wrote:

9/10 for creativity, but keep in mind this is on top of what we currently have, so for starters how about you look on the bright side, that at least there's something more. They may have just as well left it the way it is.
      On top of what? Can you repeat that again? We have nothing. They ruined Hero Trials, they ruined Luna instances.
      These band-aids we have in Eu, as poor as they may seem, they are still better than the original design of the game. I don't know why Koreans designed the game like this but they did. I don't do all hero trials because most of them aren't worth my time but I still do some, so there is that. I do afk luna and sometimes I get s rank. Yesterday I got another apes from the s rank bag and I'm sure if I would do them actively I'd get more than one from time to time. I think it's more than nothing. Besides, some default drop is still there, it's worth to make alts and find 3 man groups for some apes serum. Yea I know, this is an alt army patch.
    • Raeinor wrote:

Hero Trials are still very much doable. Maybe Holy Tower isn't exactly for everyone, I`ll give you that, but 300 HP isn't hard to get, especially on a siege day, 40 kills are easy to get since that one is always on monday, which I remind you has an abyss siege, the Narakkalli trial is currently broken, but it doesn't take +20 gear or an IQ of 250 to finish. On top of that there's the option to exchange Grey Wolf Medals, Spinell Coins and a bunch of kinah for APES, there's the drop in Library, which is deffinitely not hard, otherwise they wouldn't have removed it from the HT list. So, on top of what are we about to get the new system?
      Okay

So 40 kills = 1 apes on main
      300 HP = 1 apes on main ( 2 if your faction takes 2 forts and u switch char )

VS 1000 apes you can get by p2winning.

Sounds fair to me. You do realize the only good quests were LoK/Arkhal/Exp because, even if you spent the whole day doing, you could do on all the characters. You can't do anything with getting 4 apes per month from Hero Trials, that's so bad I should't even point out why.

Also untradable apes have such little value vs tradable ones you get from events.

@failboat nice joke, but I already tested this when they nerfed Luna instances. 2 weeks of rank S bags on 7 chars gave 1 apes. So that's around 98 bags opened. And the "original" design , okay , let me see Gameforge add like 100 apes bundle on cash shop for cheap, let's make it like Korea then.
    • I get 300 hp easy. On the ones that I can do tower up to 20th floor, I do tower. For the rest of them, afk arenas on dualbox.

1000 apes from p2w is what to expect from 5.8. From what I've asked Koreans in 5.8, it seems they went hard on the shop to afford to enchant that high.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

@failboat nice joke, but I already tested this when they nerfed Luna instances. 2 weeks of rank S bags on 7 chars gave 1 apes. So that's around 98 bags opened. And the "original" design , okay , let me see Gameforge add like 100 apes bundle on cash shop for cheap, let's make it like Korea then.
      You got 1 apes from 98 bags? Now I know you're kind of exaggerating, to justify your point of view.

Look at this one. I keep the s rank bags till I get like 10 of them and then I open.

11111aaaa.jpg11111bbb.jpg

Took me 10 bags to get 3? Quite far from 98 to get 1. This is with luna nerfed, I never got the chance to play the old one. Apes are still there but rare.
    • failboat wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

You got 1 apes from 98 bags? Now I know you're kind of exaggerating, to justify your point of view.
      Look at this one. I keep the s rank bags till I get like 10 of them and then I open.

11111aaaa.jpg11111bbb.jpg

Took me 10 bags to get 3? Quite far from 98 to get 1. This is with luna nerfed, I never got the chance to play the old one. Apes are still there but rare.
      No exaggeration. I did the test after they nerfed it. Either you got lucky or maybe they added 1% chance extra after 5.8.

I can re-do the test.

Just to give you a general sense, I do daily hell pass afk on 3 accounts, and I haven't gotten an apes from that in 2-3 months.
    • Raeinor wrote:

And how do you presume to get any if you do it afk? You get maybe 1 S in 10 runs.
      1 in 10 runs of doing for 2 months can get you a few.

I just opened the S rank bags I had on one of my alt acc, and have gotten 0 apes. Around 13 bags.

I guess all these people who try to even make a point against what I am saying forget easily the reaction of people when it was first nerfed. And now they are doing the same to Hero Trials.

• I've already specified that I never got the chance to play pre nerf luna. Saying that I forget easily, it's just meaning. And at least I come with proofs, unlike just blank statements from random people, some I don't know.

I wish we had GM's like in L2, where because Koreans never specify a chance, they get to test things for us. Like opening 10k bags of something, see the number of stuff they got of certain things. I think that guy got fired in NA but regardless, it's a nice idea.
    • I dont know noone that do hell pass actively, why? Because its zero nada rewarding after nerf. I tested it too gave up after week. The time i need to spam 4 skills i rather do idk...something less borring and just buy the ape ? Since you need to pray to all gods you can imagine to get the ape. Since rng can be just bad for weeks.