Aion Launcher Update Error E02018

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ulastarhan1 wrote:

can u share bat file please. :) yes i opened a ticket to support team but they didnt even answer me.. I think they dont care about us too. But they know very well when u want to purche something in Aion shop to take payment very fast :)

PS: Yes guys! finally i fixed the problem.. Now if u get problem with download patching and u using Win10 please do this steps.

1) Win key + R key
      2) Type "appwiz.cpl" and enter.
      3) There is left side click "Installed Updates"
      4) Remove "KB4088776" uptade.

It will take a few min dont worry just wait then restard ur computer and update ur launcher... :)

And GF support team i saw u real face again.. U dont care about us..
      Tried this and didn't work T^T
    • Just a thought. When the launcher does stop, would trying to run the check files do any good?

Rebooting router and computer
      check update history to see if anything has changed on computer since the last Aion update.
      Are there any windows updates that failed. I know I had problem in the past and I found a windows update that had failed to install. After installing it my problem was gone.
    • @Galeas it seems that even though the launcher will not update , the update infact was updated. I entered the game just as a test using the old bat file you guys provided, and the new npc is there. Perhaps its not an update problem but a problem of the launcher trying to validate that the update is there. Just a thought.
    • Guys :)

When an error occurred due to a file the fix is the easiest possible:
      Delete the corresponding file from $Patch$ folder and the actual file from the client. Restart launcher and do a file check.

That's all :) It amazes me how not even support knows this. It has nothing to do with firewall, PC config, OS, etc.

Sophisticated wrote:

@Galeas it seems that even though the launcher will not update , the update infact was updated. I entered the game just as a test using the old bat file you guys provided, and the new npc is there. Perhaps its not an update problem but a problem of the launcher trying to validate that the update is there. Just a thought.
      NPCs has nothing to do with your client :) it exists in ur client since it was implemented on KR. The reason for appearing in game is that it was enabled on the server, not because ur client was updated.

P.S.:
      I'm using Windows 10 up to date. + i'm launching the game via aion stand alone launcher(GF launcher bypassed). Firewall on, windows defender on.
      Got no issues with the last client 'update' -> the problem is within ur client files and not with the OS, firewall, pc config, antivirus.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• Hi guys~
      So i'm trying to download Aion here for the 1st time and i have above mentioned errors everytime i run the launcher.
      I realize it's best to contact support, send a ticket, buuuuuut.. it doesn't let me to submit one. The lack of actual character seems to be the problem. I described an error, attached a screenshot ,but there are 2 mandatory things such as "select server" and "character name" that i cant possibly fill (cause i don't have one yet :^)Meh..
      Back to the point..

Arround 2% of download this error kicks in and than i have only one option - confirm and start again (it's never ending story)
      Additional infos: It's direct download and not steam. I have windows 8 x64 laptop and my network is not an issue.

I have already tried stopping firewall/anti-virus, restarting pc and router, deleting files and re-launching several times with no effect whatsoever. Sorry if i'm not supposed to report here, i just don't know where else i can ask about it. Thx in advance!~
    • ScreamCheese wrote:

Hi guys~
      So i'm trying to download Aion here for the 1st time and i have above mentioned errors everytime i run the launcher.
      I realize it's best to contact support, send a ticket, buuuuuut.. it doesn't let me to submit one. The lack of actual character seems to be the problem. I described an error, attached a screenshot ,but there are 2 mandatory things such as "select server" and "character name" that i cant possibly fill (cause i don't have one yet :^)Meh..
      See attachment 1.jpg You don't need a character to contact support :)

ScreamCheese wrote:

Back to the point..

Arround 2% of download this error kicks in and than i have only one option - confirm and start again (it's never ending story)
      Additional infos: It's direct download and not steam. I have windows 8 x64 laptop and my network is not an issue.

I have already tried stopping firewall/anti-virus, restarting pc and router, deleting files and re-launching several times with no effect whatsoever. Sorry if i'm not supposed to report here, i just don't know where else i can ask about it. Thx in advance!~

iSTAN wrote:

Guys :)

Delete the corresponding file from $Patch$ folder and the actual file from the client. Restart launcher and do a file check.
      Files
      • 1.JPG

(57.05 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
    • iSTAN wrote:

Guys :)

That's all :) It amazes me how not even support knows this. It has nothing to do with firewall, PC config, OS, etc.
      Sadly that just doesn't work. I uninstalled Aion so my Aion Folder is pretty empty but still run into the same error when I try to continue installation.
      Removing $patch$ does not help either...
    • Then the only thing I can think of is the wireless network; personally I use desktop and I connect it directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable.

If you’re using a router or a wireless connection try bypassing all other network devices and connect directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable.