Resurrect PVP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resurrect PVP

Wanted to point 2 things that I find important but haven't been mentioned a lot in the last days

Like the title implied, PVP is dying, moreover in the last month we saw less people doing BMRs, RTs, and arenas.
      Yesterday for example I got 5 times the same opponent in arena of discipline, even was a good fight in that situation, often happens to get people who leave arenas before the start, or opponents we stand no chance against; I don't blame the ranking system because in my opinion is a good thing, but the few people appying for pvp instances, like also the group ones: in the past weeks we often saw ourselves waiting for 20-30 minutes for an entry in Runatorium to get at the end a group of randoms.
      Players are not getting motivations to do those instances mostly cuz of the rewards releated to them: few abyss points, spinels (which price dropped a lot) and honour points

The second point is about the soulstones needed to upgrade praetor gear into the level 80 one,
      The main source of them is Neviwind Canyon, while the other big source is Holy Tower, instance that most of players find hard to complete and so they are picky into inviting everyone: getting invited is indeed hard and unless you got your own premade is impossible to make the instance, reason why I also saw lesser players recruiting for it in past days.
      So the max amount of soulstones we can get per week is of about 40; to upgrade into level 80 a full set of praetor (2 weapons, armour set, accessories set and wings) we need around 950 soulstones, that means we need over 6 months to gather that amount of items with the current situation, also considering that we'll be forced to exchange some items we won't need anymore into others we need ( like armour soulstones into weapon ones) we ll lose a certain percentage of them during the exchange itself; some people said "we don't know yet when 6.0 will come" but even if takes longer than in Korea, we still will have few weeks to enjoy our gear before it gets obsolete with the big changes 6.0 will bring.

So in conclusion I would like to suggest what has been already suggested: could we get soulstones as reward from pvp battlefields? This not only will make easier the upgrade of our gear, but will bring more activity into pvp instances;also PVE players will get more GreyWolf coins for their accessories, and people will buy more Apes, Holy Upgrade Serums, and Level Reduction Stones which will benefit aion shop too
    • PvP has been dead since 4.5 anyway. Too many variables were introduced since then. PvP is no longer "who go better skill", its about who got better gear, even if you're in 80 AP +15, +5 accs etc, you will get absolutely anal blasted by someone who got same gear by +25 and +8/9 accessories. And thats a common thing.

I just hope 6.0 will bring back some balance to the PvP, so that players can fight on equal terms again.
    • Nobody does PVP because it is pure P2W cancer in this patch. I stopped PVPing around 5.6 when i met an Templar in arena of disciplin. He was playing with Shieldburst
      and he NEVER managed to time it correctly so that after he pulls me i would be in kd after the 2 sec pullstun. After i saw that the first time i laughed and thought that he
      would be a free kill. But nope. Without even weaving he dealt so much damage on me that i had to use all my pots and protection skills early on while i dealt like 0 dmg to
      him. And at that time i was't even undergeared. I had +15 PVP set 75 filled with Power+8, an +15 Extend and +6 rune accessories ( Chanter ). At the end i coudn't even
      kill him once. Later i found out that this Templar who played like pure Trash had +20 set with +10 stones in it and +8 AP accessories. This is when i found out that it
      doesn't matter how crap you play as long as you have money in your pocket you will be fine. And this got 100 times more worse with 5.8 and unbreakable gear. I bet this
      Templar now runs with enhanced gear +25-30 and +10 AP accessories while you as a free to play player stuggle to get you enhanced gear back to +15 again and panic when you use your maybe ~ 20 level reduction stones which you somehow got on your hand during 5.6 on them.

Just forget about PVP until 6.0 when these people will be limitet to +15 again.
    • They need to do something about it.

But I have to say, the reason why it's dead it's not because it's not rewarding, it never was.

It's because the grind is infinite, you have to enchant enchant upgrade upgrade slot slot to infinity. Most people cba and just play for PvE.
    • [NICK]nagla98 wrote:

55 is max per week(57 if u do all weekly quests in nosra/esttera)
      Per week:

20 - Holy tower
      28 - Nevi canyon
      7 - Ashu dred
      4 or 6 - divine siege (up to 8-10 if you kill boss)
      And then as you mentioned grey wolf medal weeklys. 60 medals = 1 soulstone what's not great, but it's better than nothing.

Anyway to the topic...

People already run around with 4-5 pieces of new AP gear, it isn't that hard to get them if you really try.
      Also if you bless new spinel coin weapons instead of your old AP you save 21 soulstones per weapon, but it costs more AP and kinah. (not really worth doing with other parts only weapons)

Aion1229.jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by Potatopancakewarrior ().

• or how about keeping it f***ing simple and just introducing the patch where upgrading only costs the half of soulstones?!
      we all know that we wont get an eu custom change regarding rewards of pvp instances. never. so many ppl tried/suggested already. IT WONT HAPPEN.
    • I stopped trying to be even semi serious in PvP during last spring. It had became just painful experience and it caused too much stress for myself. Everyone else here mentioned all about the changes in gear mechanics end enchanting etc. so I won't repeat that.

But to put it simple, it's not fun to play when you know that you don't have any chances because of gear or ping difference or just pure RNG, no matter how much knowledge or experience you got. If teamwork is terrible or I'm doing mistakes myself, that is something I can tolerate. You can always play with friends and get better with them.

Still even with a good group it's not such a joy to get roll-stomped by people with 20ms, +20 gear, +7 or higher accessories, +30 weapon and ofc a broken godstone. Because majority of players won't get such gear with grinding. Only very few are so good at making kinah that they can afford to buy such ingame.

My solution was just to stop doing that stuff that stresses me in Aion. I actually try to avoid any serious PvP and focus only on casual things. I believe I'm not alone with this decision.

It's quite sad because I think PvP was the best thing about this game.
    • Well same here, my focus till 3.0 was 99% pvp , 3.0-4.0 down to 50% and 4.0-4.8+ down to 20%(and not coz pvp was bad at those patches, but coz pve was just good) , after 5.0 i started pvping actively quite a lot up till like 5.4 i was doing looots of stuff(kind of everything except bmr) but then i didnt have so much time to actually play pvp and pve, so had to choose 1 of them if i wanted to excel , and my choice was pve.
      I still have my 5.3 gear which is still working well for me at least teamwise, i cant nuke some1 thats rly geared but at least i can still disrupt my enemy team synergy. Honestly not rly sure whats all that about but i feel like if abandon all my pve that i do with 10 chars and do it just with 1-2 i might be able to put on those OP +### pvp gear on me. Just somehow i dont feel like it, may be due to RL or smt, no idea
    • Popsicle wrote:

PvP has been dead since 4.5 anyway. Too many variables were introduced since then. PvP is no longer "who go better skill", its about who got better gear, even if you're in 80 AP +15, +5 accs etc, you will get absolutely anal blasted by someone who got same gear by +25 and +8/9 accessories. And thats a common thing.

I just hope 6.0 will bring back some balance to the PvP, so that players can fight on equal terms again.

+1