Server Merge Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• And who's brilliant idea was that?

I was happy about the merge but it didn't last for that long. Because you can always count on gameforge to do something stupidly wrong.

FeelsGoodMan for those people that will duplicate 50-100bil kinah. FeelsBadMan for everyone else that is casual/new/not a part of server merge.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Happy ().

• Mika wrote:

Posting here because I'm not sure if my question was deleted from the FAQ thread, and as people mentioned already, I'd like to know:

Why are you letting people transfer to the servers that are not getting merged (which technically means, they don't have population problems)? Don't you realise that merges will be completely useless the very same day of the merge? :v You're making people chose between playing with their friends (you know, its hard to have your entire group / friends / legion agree on moving or staying) and / or playing on a ghost server hoping there will be another merge soon?! I know a lot of people that are in this bad position of having to chose between important factors that could lead in people quitting the game whether decision they take.

By the way, one of the easiest solution to this is to add PvP instances cross server recruits, been saying this for ages but whatever

@Galeas can we even have an answer to why did you guys decide to allow this? X/
      I was really hoping this wouldn't happen and was against moving but it seems to be the best choice for players/us.

First time in forever, we ll be able to play on a populated server, assuming you move. Healthy economy, healthy population. It's a bit exciting.
      I don't know about asmo side but ely Antri has been pretty dead ever since new servers came.

In the end, I don't think we have a choice; staying behind on a dead server isn't an option for me, regardless of the fact that I'll lose a 5+ year old nick etc. :l

If everyone moves, there's no harm in it and GF will be forced to merge servers again soon after anyway. They doomed themselves with this little merge anyway.
    • well i rly hope they will put additional rule *only for houses purchased pre-announcement* for those houses , coz i am deffinetely not gonna stop playing just to gather kinah so i dont fall behind, dont even wanna think about how it wil lbreak even futher the default prices of items coz of too much kinah on servers again
    • t0re wrote:

well i rly hope they will put additional rule *only for houses purchased pre-announcement* for those houses , coz i am deffinetely not gonna stop playing just to gather kinah so i dont fall behind, dont even wanna think about how it wil lbreak even futher the default prices of items coz of too much kinah on servers again
      lol I know ppl who did this for 6 bil months ago, ppl knew from previous merges already.
    • t0re wrote:

well i rly hope they will put additional rule *only for houses purchased pre-announcement* for those houses , coz i am deffinetely not gonna stop playing just to gather kinah so i dont fall behind, dont even wanna think about how it wil lbreak even futher the default prices of items coz of too much kinah on servers again

Biggest issue is that right after that person abuses it for kinah he/she can transfer with that kinah to any server they like. It's wrong on many levels.
    • I dunno why we even getting merges if transfers aren't limited. Right now the actual merge plays no role at all, just makes the servers emptier and transfers might have bad side effects like worse server economy and unbalanced servers. Right now everyone wants to move Deyla to get to populated server. Having uncontrolled transfers could really mess up the whole server. So why even merge at all since it seems it's just gonna make the merged servers emptier and uncontrolled transfers will create you a lot more work. Like I said long ago, by the time you reach these merges, you are forced to think about the next ones. Just 6.0 is probably making GF busy, we won't get merges and servers most likely get really empty. That's why the only good option seems to be to force transfer away. Next merges could take over 6 months.

What happens in 6.0 then? I really hope GF isn't opening new servers with the release of 6.0 like Korea did. That would just make everything even worse. Could've MAYBE been a good idea if the old servers were merged together now but only if it would've been done properly this time.
    • Kegi wrote:

Could've MAYBE been a good idea if the old servers were merged together
      Glad you're not working for Gameforge then.

The best idea would have been to create a system where you can transfer your character to any server you want, if you play on the 4 new servers.

Wouldn't affect any current server, but clearly a system like that is beyond their capabilities.
    • Doesn't really solve anything. Old servers still need merges. When you let ppl decide where they wanna go, it's just gonna create unbalanced servers as we saw in the past. However, It would be nice to get controlled transfers though.
    • Yes. There is a whale that bought a house for 60kkk in grendal but rest were about 2kkk average mansion.

People like me with 500kknmocing to a big server do need this double up of money...

I didn't even think we were going to have a merge and they were just going to let the servers die so I'm happy.

Swrver imbalance and all that. Likethey are balanced now...
    • 1 week ago: OMG gameforge what taking merges so long economy and balance is bad on new servers give us merges already
      now: OMG gameforge merges gonna destroy economy and balance

1 week ago: merges not gonna matter, antri and grendal are dead servers
      now: omg deyla gonna be overcrowded if a chunk of players from antri go to deyla

you guys really think all players from the new servers have 60 billion laying around to put in their mansions to destroy economy in whatever server they end up?... most ppl obviously bought their mansions at minimum price... if you grinded and farmed on a dead server for so long, u deserve getting ur bank doubled, esp since for most it means like 2b -> 4b ye right after merges these people can buy some materials and price will go up a bit, but afterwards price will go down due to more ppl= more offer...

u guys forgot about the merge 2 years ago? Where prices went up first and then went down? these elite vet rewards have a much bigger effect than this merge will ever have .... just stop the unfounded fear and panic...
      Divine