Server Merge Discussion

• Reading all the posts above, you guys deserve this completely.
      It's a clown fiesta, starting from the house refund issue. In the previous pages we can see one of the richest and most overgeared players in the game complaining about a few players from the new servers getting a double refund on house price, to some other known "hero" hiding behind the "what are the new playerz gunna dooo!" excuse to justify the negative impact of inflation from said exploid, while this game has 0 new players, as anti-noob it is, and the GP price skyrocketed because of countless other reasons (easy Mighty supp farm, new goldpack system, events, and so on).
      Moreover I know some people who have done the exact same during the previous merge, both from antri and deyla, and are now complaining simply because they can't replicate.

Moving on, GF gave you the bait and took it completely when offering the survey. The sole reason why they did not limit transfers so to make them forced "new into old" is because they do not want to keep on losing whales and active end-game players, namely Antriksha ones, and took the chance to look the other way to let them move from the dead server instead of planning a old + old merge. Another simple reason is that they already had the tools to merge servers in the same way the did before, and who got time to think of a new system?
      It's a profit - profit situation, let the players do the merge, let antriksha unhappy whales move to deyla through the same system.

That said I could not care less since I'm barely touched by this (and not even involved in the game as before), but you guys always manage to get fooled around by the publisher you seem to know so well.
    • i am scared to think "you are on queue no. xxx" when connecting to deyla post merge, but do we have numbers to clutter the server .. i doubt it.

if we really do all move to deyla, and xfer from antrik to deyla.. what will happen to Antrik ?

I just hope to be playing in healthy community rather than overpopulated server tho.

thinking of post 6.0, wont we get latency, low fps in the new siege map ? where there are so many ppl. You know Aion is the worst optimized game when it comes to crowded area.

i do not know what to do..originally goin to move to deyla and now not so sure
    • vitamin wrote:

thinking of post 6.0, wont we get latency, low fps in the new siege map ? where there are so many ppl. You know Aion is the worst optimized game when it comes to crowded area.

Did you check any videos with 6.0+ aion on korea, why they don't have any issues with lag/low fps on world map, even siege.

Maybe they really know how to configure a server, and I'm sure they have better server setup than GF.
    • Buburuza wrote:

vitamin wrote:

Did you check any videos with 6.0+ aion on korea, why they don't have any issues with lag/low fps on world map, even siege.
      Maybe they really know how to configure a server, and I'm sure they have better server setup than GF.
      I tried a siege in lakrum on the new server and my screen was frozen for 90% of the time
    • Neko wrote:

Buburuza wrote:

vitamin wrote:

Did you check any videos with 6.0+ aion on korea, why they don't have any issues with lag/low fps on world map, even siege.Maybe they really know how to configure a server, and I'm sure they have better server setup than GF.
      I tried a siege in lakrum on the new server and my screen was frozen for 90% of the time
      then tell me why koreeans doesn't have any issues? is your PC that bad?
    • Buburuza wrote:

Neko wrote:

Buburuza wrote:

vitamin wrote:

Did you check any videos with 6.0+ aion on korea, why they don't have any issues with lag/low fps on world map, even siege.Maybe they really know how to configure a server, and I'm sure they have better server setup than GF.
      then tell me why koreeans doesn't have any issues? is your PC that bad?
      my computer is crap, ok. but I've never had such issues on EU servers and the players weren't so many
    • Buburuza wrote:

vitamin wrote:

Look at Korean streams, 1024x768, 800x600 resolution, everything turned down or minimum in settings. That's how they don't lag.

As for Korean ping, that country is more or less the size of Austria and most players are probably in Seoul, which is one big city. The internet is relatively good in Europe but it's physically impossible to have such things, as the size of Europe is way way higher.
    • Nuke wrote:

Moving on, GF gave you the bait and took it completely when offering the survey. The sole reason why they did not limit transfers so to make them forced "new into old" is because they do not want to keep on losing whales and active end-game players, namely Antriksha ones, and took the chance to look the other way to let them move from the dead server instead of planning a old + old merge.

Who are these whales you're talking about? o.o EoD? Because they don't care about merges, actually being on a less populated server would make them happier since they can keep their ranks even easier than it is now, they pretty much play arenas only and they can literally get any piece of gear they want from the shop
      When a guy needs a healer:

• t0re wrote:

@Kegi , but before ppl went on antriksha with those transfers, and which of the old servers is now in worst shape> antri
      so that doesnt rly even show anything.
      but ye honestly all servers should've been merged (altho i wouldnt like it) to get proper effect (and without the option to transfer)
      It will affect in a short term. Last merge 100 players transfered to Antriksha to top 300 to elyos side and 120-150 to top 700 in total. Meanwhile asmos got only like 10ppl to top 300. It did affect siege balance and elyos started to win a lot more. People will drop in ranks again and broker prices will change a lot.

@Nuke Dunno why you are saying only whales will move to Deyla. All the ppl I know on Antriksha will move to Deyla, Asmo and Elyos, me included. I left the game few months ago when I heard old servers won't get merged with each others cause couldn't find ppl to play with anymore. So there's not really much to lose anyway.
      Life is short so eat dessert first!

Twitch: xKegi
      Youtube: xKegi
      Facebook: xKegi

Admin of Aion EU Community facebook group
      Founder of Aion EU Community Discord
    • Nuke wrote:

...I could not care less since I'm barely touched by this (and not even involved in the game as before), but you guys always manage to get fooled around by the publisher you seem to know so well.
      This will largely affect the deyla broker and faction balance for sure with the influx of transfers from gendal/antriksha, so if you are still playing, it will affect you.

As I'm on a break until 6.0 I'm mostly worried about how this might change the rates of conversion from kinah to gold bars when we get that patch. My kinah might not be enough anymore if it's common to have a lot more by then and gf adjusts conversion rates accordingly.
    • Senpai,

what will happen if a lot of people from a server (let's say like 80-100 ppl with like 200-300 accounts) make a conflict character (for example antri elyos people create a grendal asmo) and the majority of them wants to use the 'transfer becasue of conflict' to move all those elyos chars to a single target server (let's say deyla).

Can people trust that all their characters (maybe even more accounts) will be transfered?

Even if the result is a very well populated and very faction inbalanced target server, and also a dead faction on the origin server?

I would appreciate if you could clarify this topic with the devs/product managers and give us an 'official' statement.

Ty in advance