Pinned Server Merges 2018/FAQ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Server Merges 2018/FAQ

Please use this thread for questions regarding the server merges and how it will work. There is another thread for general discussion ;)

Information can be found by clicking here: Server Merges are coming. (Notice the FAQ at the bottom of that post.)

Edit:
      • Posts that aren't questions about the merge itself, will be moved to discussion thread.
      • Read the FAQ and this thread before asking a question.
      Edit by Galeas: An, additional FAQ was added to the forum in the announcement thread ;)
    • So the charecter transfer ain't restricted to new server toons? or is it possible to move away from the server to make the new server toon be on the old server you had your oppeset faction on?
      this aint really clearly

Allso do we need to sell our housing before we can use this server transfer on the new server? (this will be impossible) or do we just lose it (sorry if it stands somewhere and i missed it)
    • Not sure I understand this bit: (Faction conflicts: You can only play on one faction per server. As a result of this merge, the distribution of some accounts will be muddled up. If you are affected by this, we ask that you make use of the free character transfer on the AION website to move one or more of your heroes to other servers.)

Does that mean that

1. anybody can use this 'free character transfer'?
      2. only people with faction conflicts can transfer ?
    • testtestlab wrote:

If you are affected by this, we ask that you make use of the free character transfer on the AION website to move one or more of your heroes to other servers.
      You can transfer if you do have a faction conflict on your server (at least last time it was only for those with conflict)
      Cleric - Lv 75 - Thor
      Templar - Lv 75 - Thor
      Spiritmaster - Lv 72 - Thor

Cleric - Lv 80 - 이스할겐 (Ishalgen)
    • Sindreya wrote:

testtestlab wrote:

If you are affected by this, we ask that you make use of the free character transfer on the AION website to move one or more of your heroes to other servers.
      You can transfer if you do have a faction conflict on your server (at least last time it was only for those with conflict)

ok. thanks for the answer. I really do not want to go to Atriskha. Deleted all my chars there to go grendal and now sent back by force pfff. I have deleted some in grendal and moved to another server I'm happier with so would like to move there. I'll create the oposite faction on atriskha so I'm not sent there.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

It's still not very clear, and I read it 3 times.

@Galeas , does everyone on the new servers get the option to select their destination server ? Or just people with conflict characters ?

Expand a bit on this topic.
      Less speculation, we want answers @Galeas

And if only conflicted characters can transfer, why? Any conflict? Even a lvl 1? Does it have to be 66?

Just allow people to go where they want.
    • When quoting this post, please delete all the quotes/information that don't apply to your question

Neko wrote:

Neko wrote:

do transferred characters follow the same rules of the merge about keeping the name?
      @Galeas

No, these rules apply only for the initial merge.

Vseo_Ryhmee wrote:

will be possible to move my character from grendal to deyla ?
      If there is a faction conflict on your account, yes.

Sindreya wrote:

What happens if I get a faction conflict and want to switch the server but I'm also leader of a legion, can I take the legion with me or do I have to leave/delete it?
      Your legion will only move with you to the merged server, if you switch server afterwards due to a conflict, you will have to leave your legion first.

Aviliana wrote:

So the charecter transfer ain't restricted to new server toons? or is it possible to move away from the server to make the new server toon be on the old server you had your oppeset faction on?
      this aint really clearly

Allso do we need to sell our housing before we can use this server transfer on the new server? (this will be impossible) or do we just lose it (sorry if it stands somewhere and i missed it)
      If you go from a new server to an older server you will lose your house and get whatever you paid for it back times two. If you are playing on an old server and your server gets merged you will keep your house.
      If you want to know about this situation: You are playing on an old server and are able to transfer somewhere else after the merge and wonder what will happen to your housing. I have no information for this yet, but since merges are Wednesday and housing updates are on Sunday, I advise you to sell your house (if possible) before you submit a transfer request.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

It's still not very clear, and I read it 3 times.

@Galeas , does everyone on the new servers get the option to select their destination server ? Or just people with conflict characters ?

Expand a bit on this topic.
      Only people with conflicts.
    • What if i have a faction conflict and a name conflict on the same account on the same time . For example i got a ely char lvl 70 created 2 years ago , and a lvl 75 asmo char created some months ago. Account is still active since im playing with the sorc(rarely logged in ely) one but which one will keep the name?
    • Ok my question wasnt clearly i see

ill ask it again i got my grnedal ely i would liek to trasnfer away since she has conflict with antri. But from my NA experience you can only use self transsfer (website) if you got no house no legion and only trasnfer items you got in your inventory with you. Sooo my question is does this aply to this kind of transfer too. and allso to my original question if this is so that you has to be with out house, how the heck can i transfer my self when i got an estate or does all new server lose them on wednesday when transfer is open?
    • Senpai wrote:

Sindreya wrote:

What happens if I get a faction conflict and want to switch the server but I'm also leader of a legion, can I take the legion with me or do I have to leave/delete it?
      Your legion will only move with you to the merged server, if you switch server afterwards due to a conflict, you will have to leave your legion first.
      Wow that sucks, so I have to delete my legion or gift it to someone on Antri-A since I can't leave otherwise.
      Cleric - Lv 75 - Thor
      Templar - Lv 75 - Thor
      Spiritmaster - Lv 72 - Thor

Cleric - Lv 80 - 이스할겐 (Ishalgen)
    • failboat wrote:

Only one question for now. Should I be worried about my names being taken by those that use faction conflict to move to an old server like mine?
      Ok if i moved my ely grendal with same name to antri (2 diffrent accounts) then the transfered toon has to change name. so basiclly almost ALL new server toons has to change name. sadly unless the rules from olde merge aplies but i doubt that
    • When quoting this post, please delete all the quotes/information that don't apply to your question

Hashtag wrote:

can we get a detailed information how transfer work? what need to be done, where can you transfer, if you NEED to make conflict to be able to transfer etc...
      You don't need to do anything, you will automatically be transfered to the 'new' server. You can only submit a transfer if you have a conflict on your account.

testtestlab wrote:

Not sure I understand this bit: (Faction conflicts: You can only play on one faction per server. As a result of this merge, the distribution of some accounts will be muddled up. If you are affected by this, we ask that you make use of the free character transfer on the AION website to move one or more of your heroes to other servers.)

Does that mean that

1. anybody can use this 'free character transfer'?
      2. only people with faction conflicts can transfer ?

[NICK]n00b wrote:

And if only conflicted characters can transfer, why? Any conflict? Even a lvl 1? Does it have to be 66?
      Any conflicted character. Exception: If the character is below level 9 and hasn't been logged in for a year, as those will be deleted part of the merge

Hizamaruu wrote:

What if i have a faction conflict and a name conflict on the same account on the same time . For example i got a ely char lvl 70 created 2 years ago , and a lvl 75 asmo char created some months ago. Account is still active since im playing with the sorc(rarely logged in ely) one but which one will keep the name?
      First, we will check the level. The character with the highest level keeps their characternames.

Neko wrote:

so what will happen with their names?transferred characters will always be the ones to lose the name if there's a conflict?
      Yes (If there is a conflict on your account after the merge and the character you selected to transfer shares the name with someone on your selected server, you will lose your name.)

Aviliana wrote:

Ok my question wasnt clearly i see

ill ask it again i got my grnedal ely i would liek to trasnfer away since she has conflict with antri. But from my NA experience you can only use self transsfer (website) if you got no house no legion and only trasnfer items you got in your inventory with you. Sooo my question is does this aply to this kind of transfer too. and allso to my original question if this is so that you has to be with out house, how the heck can i transfer my self when i got an estate or does all new server lose them on wednesday when transfer is open?
      The only players losing their housing during the initial merge (planned 25/04) will be players from Fregion, Grendal, Padmarashka and Barus. If you transfer after that, you might indeed lose your house (in which case I suggest you sell your housing before submitting a server transfer). But I will ask confirmation on that, please be patient untill monday.

failboat wrote:

Only one question for now. Should I be worried about my names being taken by those that use faction conflict to move to an old server like mine?
      No