Assassin creation points

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Talentfreiermage wrote:

Do you understand what he is writing or should we explain it detailed word for word?

Do you actually comprehend what I wrote so far or do I have to explain this in detail word by word?

Layyumi wrote:

have you even checked any of my logs?
      Only checked one to form an impression. Good dps in some cases, I guess you also have very good gear and good team. Still, I would refrain from using some of the skills you do and transform some of the weaves into auto attacks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by failboat ().

• failboat wrote:

So you have nothing to say from what I see.

Hashtag wrote:

just say you were wrong and let it be failbot ;))))) its fine we dont bite.

Killing spree chain is a waist, altho i use it to sometimes but i shoudnt, its hard to focus sometimes xD. And yes u only shoud spam the 3 chains if all going well you dont need nothing else.
      Why don't you say you're the one wrong? (and you are)
      Yea, show me any of the top assassins that don't use it on bosses at least once, not saying it spam it. As I said, it's not a priority and neither a waste, if you look at the numbers. But you're entitle to have an opinion besides facts. I already know what kind of assassins you and the other guy are, that only spam 3 chains, not even mentioning surprise attack which is a 4th one. I don't tend to take these kind of assassins that still have things to learn serious. Good thing for you that this class is heavily carried by gear.
      Well "top" sins is more like a term most geared. But okay.

shilwy right in this post, any other q? NO?
      ..........(Woud find more if i woud care, me included)

So you're wrong.

Btw nice dodge : "never use it atleast once" - wow what if i use swift 200 times and spree 1x im bad? Make sense, you try to writte it so that you always have right mate:))) in reality doesnt work like that :) like i sad if you time perfectly you dont need to use it, but ppl do mistakes, not like you ofc kapa.

killing spree chain - long chain
      Back breaker - short "filler" skill
      Totaly the same indeed.
    • i was about to drift away with my hot air balloon head, but i decided otherwise.

first off, you don't seem to actually understand what you are talking about. you just look at killing spree in a database or something, see its dmg at ~100, then look at fang strike and its ~200 dmg and make statements like "other skills do twice as much damage", which is soo fkn wrong.
      second, killing spree has a cooldown of 30 seconds, but it's also three times repeatable, which makes it an imaginary 10s-cd (if used on cooldown). enhancing it once gives three times the bonus (it still sucks, but that's not the point).
      third, i don't even know what the discussion is about... and i'm too lazy to re-read everything... but everyone of you - literally everyone - is missing the crucial point: a (bad) skill does more damage than no skill, which makes every physical skill valuable.

think about it
      overthink your rotations
      git gud
    • nay wrote:

a (bad) skill does more damage than no skill, which makes every physical skill valuable.
      which never was the point either. its just whether or not you should avoid using assassination and killing spree. of course you are going to use assassination and killing spree if nothing else is available. the point is: this should not happen. in very,very rare occasions it might. then you use assassination as filler if nothing better is available.
    • so you're basically telling me i'm wrong, instead of actually thinking about it.

everyone's playing like they're stuck in aion v2.0, no one thinks for themselves, everyone's like "yea, people did it exactly like that seven years ago and it seems to work out for me; ain't gonna try anything else". but so much changed since back then.
      i haven't checked every single player on pveranks, but from all the people i checked, only one other player actually did think about it... and most of you call him a cheater. well, maybe he is, but i don't care and that's definitely not the point.

just... read my posts, actually think about it, and you'll see what you're missing out
    • nay wrote:

just... read my posts, actually think about it
      ok

nay wrote:

see its dmg at ~100, then look at fang strike and its ~200 dmg and make statements like "other skills do twice as much damage", which is soo fkn wrong.
      200 is twice of 100. i guess you are referring to killing spree being able to be used 3 times? so you mean you get 300 dmg and not 100 compared to 200? so what, i made several arguments why that wouldnt even matter.

nay wrote:

(it still sucks, but that's not the point).
      yes it does. so what are we arguing about when we both agree killing spree sucks? that you can use it while moving? jumping through the boss using scripts? yeah i guess you may have a point there. guess you cant use the fang strike chain scripting through the boss.
    • I assumed that when you guys said twice less and twice more damage I was thinking the same, you look at a skill damage and compare it. In reality the damage you deal is far from being double, it's more like the difference between 4k and 5k (random example). If we go by damage we should never use sigil strike, right? But that skill has an excellent short animation.

Hashtag wrote:

killing spree chain - long chain
      Back breaker - short "filler" skill
      Totaly the same indeed.
      You got them the other way around. Back breaker is never short as either animation or cd. Its long animation makes me never use it, as I can make more with that time. Its cd is long, not much of a problem but it hardly qualify as a filler. Killing spree has decent animation, you can weave nicely and can be interrupted at any time if you think it's long. This can qualify as a filler better than back breaker.
    • nay wrote:

i'll edit my post later
      seems like i'm a dirty liar

Layyumi wrote:

nay wrote:

just... read my posts, actually think about it
      ok
      ok

Layyumi wrote:

nay wrote:

see its dmg at ~100, then look at fang strike and its ~200 dmg and make statements like "other skills do twice as much damage", which is soo fkn wrong.

200 is twice of 100. i guess you are referring to killing spree being able to be used 3 times? so you mean you get 300 dmg and not 100 compared to 200? so what, i made several arguments why that wouldnt even matter.
      that's just like saying body smash does x20 the damage of siegebreaker, which is plain wrong and you know it. in fact, the body smash of an max-geared gladiator does only ~35% more damage than siegebreaker, on average. it would be even less if body smash wasn't enchantable.

the damage-growth of every skill is linear. if you use a new gear piece and raise your base-attack by x, the base-damage of both of your skills also raises by x (times power - but that's another topic).
      which means: the higher the gear, the less overall difference in skill-dmg. and the gear of today is... well... let's call it "not comparable" to v2.0-times.

Layyumi wrote:

nay wrote:

(it still sucks, but that's not the point).

yes it does. so what are we arguing about when we both agree killing spree sucks? that you can use it while moving? jumping through the boss using scripts? yeah i guess you may have a point there. guess you cant use the fang strike chain scripting through the boss.
      so, what's the actual reason to use killing spree? @t0re already told you - by accident. he didn't even realize it himself.

t0re wrote:

its animation is relatively fast but it releases the afterhit slower
      the animation is fast. it's even so fast, that you could use the skill two times between your autohits. this fact basically doubles the dps and halves the execution time. the same goes for a lot other skills.
      using more than one skill between two autohits - without skipping the aa-timer - allows to use more skills in the same amount of time, while maintaining the same aa-damage, equals, obviously, more damage.

it's just as simple, quick and easy as pouring river water in your socks
    • I mentioned earlier that not every skill is worth weaving, and some assassins are doing it when their buffs aren't up. If the skills they use have long animation it is better going into the next one. So the same applies for when the skills are too fast. Now I'm guessing everyone has their own rhythm and that also depends of the weapon's choice, like d/d, d/s, s/s.
    • why sins use beast swipe if killing spree has long animation? beast swipe has longer animation than 2 killing sprees, looking at the damage difference imgur.com/a/6DVSPQ6 +0 assassination+3x killing spree vs full +8 fang strike chain on non-form dummy, does decent damage even though it's +0. its just preference what u use or not, stop trying to give people rotation advice, everyone has different rotations. reason why i use killing spree is i cant auto attack between every skill so my skill cooldowns dont get fully reset, everyone doesnt have -40 ping so they get that fast auto spacing between every skill
    • kezwich wrote:

why sins use beast swipe if killing spree has long animation? beast swipe has longer animation than 2 killing sprees, looking at the damage difference imgur.com/a/6DVSPQ6 +0 assassination+3x killing spree vs full +8 fang strike chain on non-form dummy, does decent damage even though it's +0. its just preference what u use or not, stop trying to give people rotation advice, everyone has different rotations. reason why i use killing spree is i cant auto attack between every skill so my skill cooldowns dont get fully reset, everyone doesnt have -40 ping so they get that fast auto spacing between every skill
      I can agree with what you said except the last part. As long as the ping is stable and the target is static, there shouldn't be a problem weaving or different cd's.
    • There's nothing wrong with using assassination/killing spree. Mainly if you're buffed up and you have two damage godstones. It'll dish out sh*t ton of damage due to crazy animation speed + dagger oath/GS proc and compassion of fire. Also very easy to keep positioning yourself behind boss with it if needed.

If you don't like it then don't use it. But don't tell other people to do the same.