Pinned PvE Bard in 5.8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PvE Bard in 5.8

Hello guys,
      since there aren't any actual guides for PvE bard atm I thought I could write one to help those, who wants to learn how to deal DMG with a Bard / be a good Hybrid Bard. Maybe I could learn something from you guys too

1. Weapon
      Display Spoiler

The most important gear part you will need. Bards require attack apeed and cast speed. It is very important to have the 9% atk speed from certain weapons, since you want to use a lots of skills and the attack speed helps a lot here, because your attack animation will be faster.
      Being able to use more skills = more DMG.

On the other hand you might deal more DMG with the double Enhanced Fallusha version, but I'm unable to compare the DMG since I don't own a weapon like that. The PvE% on double Enhanced Fallusha is 23% if you have the weapon at +25, Enhanced Fallusha + Bygone are 19,4%. So in my opinion the best weapon combination for now is the Enhanced Fallusha Stringed Instrument fuse with Bygone Stringed Instrument, since attack speed is way more important than the additional 3,6%.
      One alternative for the Bygone String Instrument is the Special Mission Stringed Instrument , but you will lose a lot of magic boost and magic crit.

2. Armor
      Display Spoiler

The only piece of armour that is absolutely necessary are the gloves. You want to use those with attack speed for the same reason as for the weapon. Gloves with attack speed are very rare. Your only options are the Cloth Gloves of the Fierce Quest (Lvl 65 Gear with 8% Attack Speed) / Prigga Legion's Cutting-edge Cloth Handguards / Crucible Conqueror’s Holy Cloth Handguards. The rest of the armour isn't important, but of course the better your defense gear is the less DMG you will take from bosses. For the tryhards, you could obtain an open world armour piece with the skill Sound of the Breeze (short SotB) +2 (i will explain it later) on it.

3. Accessories
      Display Spoiler

You can buy full Grey Wolf accessories except for the belt. I recommend you to use an Apollon Belt with "Gust Requiem" +3 or "Tsunami Requiem" , considering these are good DPS skills and you won't lose that much PvE attack on the belt as you would on other pieces.

At the beginning you could get some Apollon accessories and switch it later to Grey Wolf, since it is the best PvE accessories at 5.8. Upgrading Grey Wolfs rings and belt only gives you PvE deff, but the basic stats on the ring are the same as on the enhanced Fallusha rings.

You can obtain the Grey Wolf Accessories from this NPC (Privier). You will need these currency to pay for them:
      Grey Wolf Medal
      Spinel Coin

The Grey Wolf Medals can be obtain from the garnison quests in Esterra / Nosra.
      But there is a more efficient way to obtain these items by exchanging Commander`s Soulstones by this NPC (Umpals)

The Soul Stones could be obtain from
      - Holy Tower
      - A-Dred
      - Neviwind Canyon
      - Divine Fortress raid

4. Manastone
      Display Spoiler

Depending on your gear, you'll have to choose between Knowledge 7 or 8. Since bards have a passiv magic boost stigma , where you gain 150MB and 100MAcc, you won't have problems reaching the MB CAP (currently 6200 in Narakali). If you reach your limit of socketing Knowledges, I recommend you to use MB/Macc stones, so you won't have issues hitting the boss in Holy Tower regarding the MAcc value you need in there (3000). Otherwise just use Health Stones for more HP. The magical crit cap is at 1000, this is easily to reach with Knowledge 7 + crit spell scroll + MB/Mcrit feather.

5. Stigma Builds
      Display Spoiler

DPS-Utility Build - This is my own prefered build for most of the instances. With this build you have DPS skills + DPS vision as well as utilities like movement speed bonus and an instant heal for critical situations.

Full DPS Build

Disharmony - An instant skill with a decent damage output. Try to use it with for additional damage.

Mosky Requiem - DoT with decent damage. If the initial hit is a critical hit then the next 4 ticks will be critical hits too.

Magic Boost Mode - Increases your magic boost by 150 and your magical accuracy by 100.

Variation of Peace - It restores 2985 MP of yours and additional six allies. The selection of the six allies is random, SM pets and Cleric servants are counted as allies too.

Rejuvination Melody - An instant heal for critical situation.

Attack Melody - Increases your movement speed and those from your group members by 25% for 15 seconds. It a very nice skill for Narakali when Shureik uses Hailstorm, so your group members can escape faster from the damage zone. It helps you to stay mobile in other instances.

Harmony of Desolation - An instant AoE skil.

March of the Bees - In instant debuff skill, which decreases magic resist by 30, magic suppresion by 25 from an opponent for 8 seconds.

Hybrid Build

Clearing Melody - A group dispell and heal skill. It removes 2 debuffs and restores 2952 HP and increases the healing effect for 15 seconds.

Melody of Joy - Restores the HP of a target by 1812. Add a buff which increases elemental defences by 100, magic suppression by 100, maximal HP by 1500 and the healing effect by 10% for you and 12 alliance members for 30 seconds. You have to renew the buff every 28 seconds, because this skill is last skill from your heal chain. The starting skill for this is "Gentle Echo"

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sorayami ().

• 6. Creation Points
      Display Spoiler

You can put points on Knowledges if you dont have the needed stats.

Cheery Melody - Increases your attack speed by 20% for 15 seconds, you deal more damage to monster and reduces the MP comsumption of your skills by 15%.

Snowflower Melody - This skill is "must have" in a group instance. For solo instances you could use as well the none HD version. It heals AND provides additionaly a shield for you and your group while it absorbs up to 3000 DMG.

Melody of Purification - Nice skill to help out your group (mostly the support cleric) with mana. It is a very good filler, but you'll find out more about it later in the rotation part.

These are the DPS skills, which you have to invest point into. "Sound of the Breeze" , the Chilling Harmony chain and "Tsunami Requiem" are the skills you have to prioritize in case you dont have enough Creation Points. Then "Ascended Soul Variation" >> "Gust Requiem"

7. Basics during a fight
      Display Spoiler

Courage Scroll: Attack speed ftw!

Candies: Use attack speed candy with magic boost + magical accuracy/ crit spell. Yay more attack speed !

"Windharmony / Thonesong": This buff increases your magical DMG by 15% and provides 60+ attack for every physical DD. Most of the bards make the same mistakes, such as failing to keep this buff up permanently. This is DPS loss for you AND your party. Having this skill on your skillbar will help you keep track on its cooldown. Never use "Chilling Harmony" if the cooldown of "Wind harmony" falls below 12s. Otherwise you will lose the buff for some time. SM pets and Cleric servants are counted as allies too so they can "steal" the buff from the others! Please report them for a better world.

"Sound of the Breeze" (SoTB): This is the most essential skill you have. 80% of the bards I see never use this one. In a normal fight this skill should be the skill that deals the highest damage. In fact you fill in this skill after every (or nearly every) other skill you use.

"Tsunami Reqiem": This skill deals a lots of DMG, but it is not a base skill. Instead it's a chain skill of "Illusion Variation" and "Battle Variation" . Like "Wind Harmony" it's wisely to have this skill on your skillbar to keep track of its cooldown. Never use "Illusion Variation" and "Battle Variation" if "Tsunami Reqiem" is not ready yet.

"Sea Variation" - Dont full charge this skill unless you ran out of skills to use. Just use it as a filler or stay away from it, since the base damage of this skill is pretty bad.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Sorayami ().

• 8. Rotation
      Display Spoiler

DPS Rotation

Always start with then

In my opinion, this is the best opener you can use as a bard, if you don't want to run out of skills later on during the fight. Depending on the boss, you may have to adjust the rotation slightly. For example if Shureik is gonne use Ice Spear, you should never cast "Illusion Variation" / "Fantastic Variation" because there is a very high possiblity that he will cancel your cast. The same goes for with Nergal when he uses "Earth Shattering Shield". So after the opener you should use "SotB" after every skill, in case the last skill was a long cast or 3-chain skill. If the last skill was instant, like Disharmony for example, or a 1s cast skill like "Gust Requiem" , your SoTB won't be ready yet. Therefore I usually use as a filler when that happens. If your is on cooldown just combine 2 skills such as "Disharmony" + "Gust Requiem" so you can weave right after these. This will decrease your dps loss and provides you and your group with mana. Moreover you don't have to use the single mana skill for yourself or your Cleric at any stages of the fight (except if the Heal Cleric dies at once). Of course it's not recommended to just use any skill you want after the starting rotation. It's better to prioritize the skills like in the categories listed below:

Ignore Category 5 since this is your "weaving" skill. If the boss is a Balaur type boss (like Shureik), then "Ascended Soul Variation" would be in Category 2.

Notes
      - Always use "Disharmony" along with Atk Speed because the CD is similar. Even if your "Disharmony" is +9
      - If you want to use your 2GK DPS Skill "Symphone of Warth" , try to use it while the attack speed buff is up as well for additional DMG
      - Never fully cast "Battle Variation" unless you have a Chanter (Cast Speed) or if you're threatened to run out of skills otherwise. Usually just start the cast and instantly try using the chain skill.
      - You can use "Mosky Requiem" before "Wind Harmony" if you are in a solo instance, like Grendal in Tower of Challenge or Singing Kirschka in Mirash Refuge, since "Mosky Requiem" does not profit from the additional dmg from "Wind Harmony" .

- Even if you are on DPS - please always remember that you are a Support class. Resurrect your party members if it is necessary. Help out your cleric with mana if necessary and always choose your group first (over your personal DPS!).

Bonus
      For the harc0re Tryhards out there: There is a way to push your DPS a bit more, but it is high risk for hardly any reward. Therefore if you don't do it properly, you will lose DPS. The DPS you gain is not even high, but tryhard is tryhard, right?
      If you are already a master of SoTB weaving, here is the next level:
      Try to weave an auto attack after SoTB, if your attack speed buff / / is up. The important point here is that you have to cancel the animation at the right time, otherwise you will lose time for the next skill. It requires a lot of concentration though to not mess up the timing.

Hybrid Rotation

This Rotation is of course a bit different to the DPS one, because you have less skills. Furthermore you will have to renew the buff "Melody of Joy" every 28/29s. It's important to weave correctly here, otherwise you will find yourself being out of skills and spamming SoTB :D. You can fully cast "Battle Variation" and "Sea Variation" in this case to avoid being out of skills. The most important thing is that you have to ensure that "Wind Harmony" and "Melody of Joy" will always be up. "Clearing Melody" is very powerful and should be used wisely depending on the situation. The rest is up to you. It's you who has to decide what to do, because I'm unable to predict what will happen during your fight after all.

You can PM me if you want to ask about this guide or submit any suggestions that may help me to improve this guide.
      Last but not least I hope this guide will help a lot of those who are struggling with this retard class in PvE. And thanks a lot @Sirkka for helping me with this guide :)

The post was edited 8 times, last by Sorayami ().

• nice guide, and agree with almost everything.
      Though Cheery Melody does affect Mosky and Attack Resonation chain aswell. These skill are not affected by wind harmony, and wind harmony will not affect other players damage from dots except the initial attack. Mosky's first attack is a bit delayed so it does not benefit from wind harmony already.

Ah and windharmony is for 12 ally members and also cleric servants and sm pets benefit from it.
    • Enaris wrote:

nice guide, and agree with almost everything.
      Though Cheery Melody does affect Mosky and Attack Resonation chain aswell. These skill are not affected by wind harmony, and wind harmony will not affect other players damage from dots except the initial attack. Mosky's first attack is a bit delayed so it does not benefit from wind harmony already.

Ah and windharmony is for 12 ally members and also cleric servants and sm pets benefit from it.
      oh yeah I mentioned the wrong skill, they are not affected by Wind Harmony, thats why you can use them before Wind Harmony ^^

you sure about windharmony is for 12 ally members and sm pets/servants ? I observed a lot of time that the buff is missing on some of my alliance members and they were all next to me when we start the boss.
    • Sorayami wrote:

Enaris wrote:

oh yeah I mentioned the wrong skill, they are not affected by Wind Harmony, thats why you can use them before Wind Harmony ^^
      you sure about windharmony is for 12 ally members and sm pets/servants ? I observed a lot of time that the buff is missing on some of my alliance members and they were all next to me when we start the boss.
      yes, sure of it. So for groups it is no big problems, but for example in narakali not everyone will get it because of this.

Capture1.PNG
    • Enaris wrote:

Sorayami wrote:

Enaris wrote:

oh yeah I mentioned the wrong skill, they are not affected by Wind Harmony, thats why you can use them before Wind Harmony ^^ you sure about windharmony is for 12 ally members and sm pets/servants ? I observed a lot of time that the buff is missing on some of my alliance members and they were all next to me when we start the boss.
      yes, sure of it. So for groups it is no big problems, but for example in narakali not everyone will get it because of this.
      Capture1.PNG
      ah ok you meant this, i thought you meant that 12 allies member + servants and pets ^^ i thought i mentioned it somewhere, ty for that
    • deamn just checked this , i trully hope a lot of ppl read this guide carefully , coz 99% of the bards are bashing the keyboard with their heads and then wonder why i dont want 20 of them in my groups when i do harder stuff where i cant carry the group/ally
      I do have a question tho - is it just that u didnt write it or u dont do it:
      I normally never use sound of breeze under the 1st atk speed buff and each time my entire rotation is almost reset(meaning i can use all skills in sequence again) i also dont use it in between till the buff is down
      Also isnt it wiser to have the attack resonation or harmony of destruction ++ed instead of ascended soul variation in non balaur target place(lets say holy tower boss or mok, etc) and prioritize it over ascended. (this is mostly asumption ofc coz my bard is not high to run those)

The post was edited 5 times, last by t0re ().

• Click wrote:

Don’t forget to weave auto attacks to proc damage godstones
      This is advanced stuff. Because you lose dmg if you dont do it properly.

t0re wrote:

Also isnt it wiser to have the attack resonation or harmony of destruction ++ed instead of ascended soul variation in non balaur target place(lets say holy tower boss or mok, etc) and prioritize it over ascended. (this is mostly asumption ofc coz my bard is not high to run those)
      Look at this as an example

Ascended Soul Variation is a pretty good Skill if you look at the dmg dealed in comparison to attack resonation. Even though i didn't have critluck here. By fully charging this skill, you will also skip the possibility to run of out skills at some point of the fight.

t0re wrote:

I normally never use sound of breeze under the 1st atk speed buff and each time my entire rotation is almost reset(meaning i can use all skills in sequence again) i also dont use it in between till the buff is down
      Sry i but i can't follow you with this one. You mean that you dont't use SotB in your Attackspeedbuff ?
    • A very useful topic which i would have loved to find when i started the bard. I agree with almost everything except this:

Sorayami wrote:

2. Armor

The only piece of armour that is absolutely necessary are the gloves. You want to use those with attack speed for the same reason as for the weapon. Gloves with attack speed are very rare. Your only options are the Cloth Gloves of the Fierce Quest (Lvl 65 Gear with 8% Attack Speed) / Prigga Legion's Cutting-edge Cloth Handguards / Crucible Conqueror’s Holy Cloth Handguards. The rest of the armour isn't important, but of course the better your defense gear is the less DMG you will take from bosses. For the tryhards, you could obtain an open world armour piece with the skill Sound of the Breeze (short SotB) +2 (i will explain it later) on it.
      I would like to say that the armor is important because u gain magic boost from every piece, so getting enhanced fallusha except gloves will help you reach MB cap faster and focusing on getting more points on the skills. Difference between enhanced fallusha and holy apollon being 118 MB (i'm ignoring everything else), that's 20 less knowledge points (120MB) which is more than a +10 estima :D

Since with full enhanced fallusha with knowledge +7 and grey wolf accs you will reach MB and CS cap without even putting points in knowledge i belive that armor is important, not the most important but something you should think about :)

Stats with food, crit spell scroll, idian, candy and Magic Boost Mode

Cheers.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• iSTAN wrote:

A very useful topic which i would have loved to find when i started the bard. I agree with almost everything except this:

Sorayami wrote:

2. Armor

I would like to say that the armor is important because u gain magic boost from every piece, so getting enhanced fallusha except gloves will help you reach MB cap faster and focusing on getting more points on the skills. Difference between enhanced fallusha and holy apollon being 118 MB (i'm ignoring everything else), that's 20 less knowledge points (120MB) which is more than a +10 estima :D
      Since with full enhanced fallusha with knowledge +7 and grey wolf accs you will reach MB and CS cap without even putting points in knowledge i belive that armor is important, not the most important but something you should think about :)

Stats with food, crit spell scroll, idian, candy and Magic Boost Mode

Cheers.
      agreed on this

But what I wanted to say is that these things dont affect your dps in general, when you alrdy reached the cap without putting points into Knowledge. When i remember correctly then i alrdy had 6200 mv with the enhanced weapon only. I will check it later and if it is not the case then i will change the mentioned part :)