SERVER refresh rates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• failboat wrote:

but that is to fix some of your windows issues and not the routing to the game servers.
      kinda wrong but ok. when i reinstalled windows 7 and downloaded aion, my skills ingame had a delay and my ping went high, but when i changed it, it was normal like always.

now tell me mr.einstein what the reason was? probaly my internet got fixed after 5min logged in?
    • Out of my experience with some ISP (atleast polish ones) they're very unlikely to change anything to provider better ping (since from their point of view as long you can normally connect, you're not getting dc's and such it's working totally fine) and even if they can route it better, why would they do it, if they're not getting additional money for it :/
    • failboat wrote:

It's your ISP and the bad routing they do, or the ones above them.
      Here it is. I live further away from GF servers than you and I get less routing and better ping.
      trace.jpg
      I've exact the same numbers, yet in game I never get that value, 36 ms, unless I use Wtfast.

My in game ping spikes a lot but on average its double if not more than the numbers there.

So are you saying it's my route? I have probably the best internet provider in Europe.
    • You're making some confusions here. If you already have the best routing then wtfast can't really improve upon that. That's why for some it's worse, when you already have the best routing, and for some it's better, when there are improvements to be made. It cannot make it better for everyone. Having the best isp in Europe doesn't say much, it takes two sides to have a good connection, your end and their end. As they say, it takes two to dance, if one side is bad you cannot compensate for that. Ping on the other hand sends a small packet of information, like an echo, it's easy to see the best ping there while just reaching GF servers. In game data is different, it has bigger data packets and it's also analyzed and processed, therefore there will be a delay higher than your ping done from cmd. There is where servers quality play a role. Still, wtfast cannot improve the servers quality, only the routing to that server. And the increased ping in the game can have many more causes, like your hardware, bandwidth allowed and so on.
    • failboat wrote:

You're making some confusions here. If you already have the best routing then wtfast can't really improve upon that. That's why for some it's worse, when you already have the best routing, and for some it's better, when there are improvements to be made. It cannot make it better for everyone. Having the best isp in Europe doesn't say much, it takes two sides to have a good connection, your end and their end. As they say, it takes two to dance, if one side is bad you cannot compensate for that. Ping on the other hand sends a small packet of information, like an echo, it's easy to see the best ping there while just reaching GF servers. In game data is different, it has bigger data packets and it's also analyzed and processed, therefore there will be a delay higher than your ping done from cmd. There is where servers quality play a role. Still, wtfast cannot improve the servers quality, only the routing to that server. And the increased ping in the game can have many more causes, like your hardware, bandwidth allowed and so on.
      Are you an IT Expert ? =O that knowledge
    • failboat wrote:

You're making some confusions here. If you already have the best routing then wtfast can't really improve upon that. That's why for some it's worse, when you already have the best routing, and for some it's better, when there are improvements to be made. It cannot make it better for everyone. Having the best isp in Europe doesn't say much, it takes two sides to have a good connection, your end and their end. As they say, it takes two to dance, if one side is bad you cannot compensate for that. Ping on the other hand sends a small packet of information, like an echo, it's easy to see the best ping there while just reaching GF servers. In game data is different, it has bigger data packets and it's also analyzed and processed, therefore there will be a delay higher than your ping done from cmd. There is where servers quality play a role. Still, wtfast cannot improve the servers quality, only the routing to that server. And the increased ping in the game can have many more causes, like your hardware, bandwidth allowed and so on.

Mate, you write a wall of text when I just told you that I can get 37 ms with Wtfast ( same as the tracert ) and without I get 60-70. ( and periods where it actually can spike to higher, but lately it's been more stable. )

My PC can run any game at max settings and my internet is 1000 mbps, unlimited. Two SSD cards as well.

So obviously there is an issue somewhere, to blame it on my ISP is just lazy, when in most games I get very good ping. Gameforge should just get new servers.
    • But you still didn't get the point. If you reached 37ms with wtfast that means the issue was somewhere along the way to the server and not the server itself. How does wtfast improves the quality of Gameforge servers? It doesn't. You can't do that, they don't have access to the GF servers, only the routing to that point which is the GF server. So it's not the GF servers but probably some different routing done by the isp before GF or the isp used by GF (imagine how many games and connections they have), but not the server itself if your problem got solved. I know it's hard for me to explain things but did I get myself clear this time?
    • WTFast shows ping to entry point, while ingame /ping shows smth totally different

/ping is also heavily influenced by your FPS, any fps drop results in a ping spike in the /ping command. Just do a /ping macro and tab out - tab in, it will jump from 20ms or whatever you have to 150ms and back. Those are the spikes you experience ingame, especially in Sieges or badly optimized areas like Nosra/Esterra, Narakalli, Mirash Refugee and my personal favorite: Holy Tower.
      People duel in non crowded areas preferably old maps with not reworked graphics for a reason, it’s much more stable and less stuttering there.
    • Click wrote:

WTFast shows ping to entry point, while ingame /ping shows smth totally different
      I am talking about /ping in game, with and without wtfast.

@failboat Ever thought their servers have a bad route with other ISP's? that's my point. If their servers are hosted by a bad internet provider / company, that's not from my side.

Most people seem to have an issue in Aion, not just me, and it's the only game where so many people have ping problems.
    • Calm down guys, i confirm what failboat says is true.
      I might know a little less than he does, but most what he said is exactly as i know.
      When you have issues, and you aren't lazy, you start to look up things on the web. That's all there is to it.

Now to update on my personal problem.
      I contacted de-cix, and they were kind enough to contact a GF peering admin.
      This is how my connection looks.

my pc > router > 99 hops on telekom.hu network > de-cix > GF
      How ever, the data doesn't follow this same path backwards, but goes to DTAG instead of de-cix, then to Telekom network.
      As apparently the network has no issues between GF and DTAG, there has to be something between DTAG and Telekom.
      Said admin said he'll look into it later today, and try to contact my ISP as well.
      So fingers crossed that the teleclowns at Hungary are willing to look into it.
    • @n00b That's why I mentioned it could be very much an issue with some isp along the way or the isp on their side, whichever isp handle that much data and routing since it's not only GF hosting games in that town. But it's not an issue with the servers itself (well there are but not related to this matter).
    • failboat wrote:

@n00b That's why I mentioned it could be very much an issue with some isp along the way or the isp on their side, whichever isp handle that much data and routing since it's not only GF hosting games in that town. But it's not an issue with the servers itself (well there are but not related to this matter).
      When I said their servers have issues I don't mean hardware issues, obviously I meant internet issues. My point was always, if they have crappy internet providers on those servers, or a bad company. How is that my fault?

If it's an isolated case, I can see there being no issues, but it seems to me a lot of people have bad ping problems in Aion, and are forced to use software like Wtfast.

Let me ask you this, do you honestly think Gameforge went for the best option, in regards to hosting their servers on the best they could find provider/company?
      I guarantee they went with the cheapest.

This issue has been going on for ages though. I'm not complaining cause it could have been worse, I could have been in @Gfis s position. My ping is playable, but most people have it way worse.
    • Can't respond to that since I have no knowledge of it but like any business I assume they went with the one of the cost efficient offers.

GF have more than Aion hosted there but that is nothing. There are a lot more companies than GF hosting their servers there and GF might not be the only one with issues for some people. Yes, my ping is not the same either, I get exactly 10ms more in game but that because the ping in game is not really the same. For me it's perfectly fine to play with that ping, and considering the distance it is more than fine. I sometimes play PoE and I choose Frankfurt gateway because of better ping, yet it seems the gateway that is most unstable in that game, unlike in Aion. So yes there's a big hub in Frankfurt and who knows what routes you take to reach their servers (and back, as Gfis mentioned). But we already mentioned that internet in Germany is not great everywhere and far from being cheap. But we can't really tell a giant internet company how to do their business. This is where leeches like wtfast make their profit from. Still, for me wtfast increased the ping and not decrease it. It doesn't work the same for everyone.
    • Using NVIDIA's Neural Network technology it is possible for me to directly login into the game servers as if my physical location is directly inside the server room where they are hosted.

This is possible because I login directly through the Neural Network Interface and thus through their own gaming PCs which are located conveniently I would assume where the server room itself is also located.

Here are a few screenshots presenting to you that there is absolutely no way to fix your connection to the GameForge servers, because the problem is directly within the server itself.