PvP noob needs advice

• Stats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PvP noob needs advice

So I've been doing the PvE grind until about level 59, and I've heard you need to be at least level 65 to not completely get crushed in PvP. That starting point is not too far off for me, so I thought that I might as well learn the PvP basics in advance.

I have a few questions about it:

1. What does a Glad absolutely need to know before stumbling a PvP area for the first time?

2. Are there any specific stats that I'm supposed to be focusing on raising?

3. Is there any gear I really need to get?

4. Any other advice that I missed out on when reading guides is deeply appreciated.

A little extra information: I'm F2P for now, and dropping money on the game doesn't seem affordable for me in the near future. My current gear is: aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc/93796 If I missed any important information, please let me know and I'll post it.

Shugo bump :cookieshugo:
      I can't think of anything witty, so have a Shugo with a cookie. :cookieshugo:

Need a Legion?
    • 1. Full buff in the middle and spam AoEs, with a group of friendlies behind you.

2. Attack, Accuracy, Crit Strike

3. Critical: 75AP +15, all accessories 75AP +5. Absolutely necessary: full 80AP +25, 80AP accessories +5.

4. Without the aforementioned gear you will be crushed into the dust by any player more geared than you.
    • Honestly?

Duel people. Then duel better people.
      In those duels, ask questions about everything. Every skill rotation the other class seems to do, try and find a solution for it, try to adjust to it. It will take many hours, but honestly, that's the best way to improve.

Glad vs Glad duels are a good way to start to understand your own rotations before you move on to (for example) magical classes.

Other then that. Gear wise: Weapons/Accesoires first, then armour. Stick with group pvp with 3s or 6s, you won't need armor there.
    • @Rastekkel 's advice is the best so far :) Gear wise if u can't afford bygone go for the 65 rank1 myth one, medals u can easily get from VR, u just have to farm the ap :) That's gonna be a good start until u get bygone, or even better twisted sunayaka one. Imo is important to switch ur extend with a better one when u're 100% sure u can hit therefore u can increase ur damage, using extend is situational :)
      Gear updated 24/07/18
      Glad | Sin
      Rerolled to easy mode gameplay (AT)
    • :nothingtoseehere:

For OP, if you still want to pvp, get a gold pack from broker (you said you're f2p), created another 7 characters, make them 46+, do Kumuki with them every day when it's up (every other week), and you get medals and ap. Also use them for weekly luna instance, to get manastones after 7 weeks quest. Over time you're able to buy 75 ap gear from npc and put manatones on it. Alternatively, farm events, farm kinah and buy cheap boxes from broker. I'd personally just wait for 6.0 and do some pve or anything else in the mean time.

Removed off-topic
      -Senpai
    • Melaniesama wrote:

1. What does a Glad absolutely need to know before stumbling a PvP area for the first time?

2. Are there any specific stats that I'm supposed to be focusing on raising?

3. Is there any gear I really need to get?

4. Any other advice that I missed out on when reading guides is deeply appreciated.

1. I would say know your role, strenghts and weaknesses. As for group pvp gladiator is one of the funniest classes to play, but on the other hand it suffers greatly in 1v1 situations from controls (sleeps, slows, fears...).

2. I always recommend following this logic both for pvp and pve: I want to be able to hit the target (accuracy), to crit it as much as possible (crit), dealing more damage I can (attack). Your priority will be accuracy > crit > attack. Unfortunately you will have to socket quite a bit of accuracy stones / crit stones to be able to do something in pvp, while as you'll grow and get endgame items, accuracy will be dropped completely since your weapon and jewels will provide enough of that alone.

3.I would recommend buying the so called "arena 70" gear as starter, and slowly progress into abyss 75. Reaching level 75 will probably be impossible for you as a f2p before patch 6.0 (unless you are some kind of grinding monster... or magic) so I would not stress it too much. Unfortunately this will mean losing some stats (2% per level of difference).

4. Do not get demotivated by the initial gear difference, which is very challenging at the moment for someone new. As a gladiator you may end up being destroyed by magic classes in terms of damage, but try to play your role in group scenarios with some friends and you will have some fun.

All the other serious comments above seemed good, but in case you may have other questions you can whisper me during siege time (21 - 22) on deyla - asmo "Nuked".
    • Nuke wrote:

Reaching level 75 will probably be impossible for you as a f2p before patch 6.0
      he probably havent even stepped foot in the updated 3man instances.

@topicstarter just do all the 3man instances and kumuki on cd and that would be enough to get your level on good enough speed
      (if u have 2nd account with 66 char u can even dualbox, summon boss with your friend as 3rd char, and just kill in duo for more XP, that only works if u can finish off the boss within 3min timer) Additionally doing Gok Runs with doubleloot is giving u nice amount of xp too(or u can farm with your friends in leftover runs after).
      All that is nice, but when(and if) we get again 100% / 200% /higher % xp boost again just make sure to do those exact things i wrote and u'll be 75 in no time.
      PS. dont waste your free xp scrolls at random times - only when u can make a block of farm for the entire duration(or u will logout with the remainign to continue on the next day)

somethings that no1 mentioned before and its ABSOLUTELY a must to understand
      - How far on your screen will your aoe hit
      Most gladiators aoe brainlesly which depending on the group setup may not have any disadvantage or end up being disaster. When u are about to hit aoe make sure how far your aoe will hit (if u will aggro rly OP mob/guard etc, if u will wake up lets say a slept cleric by your sorc/bard)
      - when u are solo its so-so, but when u are in group pvp those 2 skills u have for knockdown and aetherhold are both physical conditions and they dont overwrite other such, so when u are fighting together with a group make sure if some1 else knockdown your target no not waste aetherhold on it for example while he is in it coz u will not extend the control -u'll just do nothing (ye i know this advice sounds stupid, but i see that way too frequently)
      - when you are pvping never stand still, always move forward being towards your enemy or away from it and if thats not possible move left/right (which i dont reccomend). Also never use "s" if u need to avoid something turn around your camera and run with "w"(as i said worst case left/right - q/e or a/d depending on your binds)

As for the f2p part - big part of the playerbase are f2p, so that shouldnt bother you, however what u should note is this is mmorpg and playing 20m per day will most likely not gonna cut it. If u actually want to acomplish something as f2p and especially as starter u rly need to be playing at least 2 hours daily.

There are probably a lot other things to talk about but not rly sure what u already know
    • t0re wrote:

[...] somethings that no1 mentioned before and its ABSOLUTELY a must to understand

- How far on your screen will your aoe hit [...]
      Good and very imp advice. This is valid for pve as well, not only pvp xD

t0re wrote:

[...] those 2 skills u have for knockdown and aetherhold are both physical conditions [...]
      the knockdown (crushing blow) is actually magic dmg :D but your point about it is still valid.

t0re wrote:

Also never use "s" if u need to avoid something turn around your camera and run with "w"(as i said worst case left/right - q/e or a/d depending on your binds)
      I have to disagree with you here, the "s" is situational, sometimes u might use it together with a parry set, sword and shield ( fast gear change) to get the extra parry and get less dmg from the enemy, i was (quit pvping in this patch :D ) doing this mostly in 1v1s. Learning the benefits of the movement is quite a useful tool :)
      Gear updated 24/07/18
      Glad | Sin
      Rerolled to easy mode gameplay (AT)

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• i said condition, not activation(havent tested for the activation of that skill myself so idk).
      knockdown, knockback, aetherhold, spin are all physical conditions, their activation can be either magic or physical skil(with its phys or magic dmg). They cannot overwrite each other.
      as for the pvp at the current meta its fast pace so moving slowly for the parry unless u purposedly wanna proc the coutner leech is not a good idea, but this is a bit more advanced stuff
      (unless for some reason u play with the parry kd skill as well)

The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

• iSTAN wrote:

t0re wrote:

[...] those 2 skills u have for knockdown and aetherhold are both physical conditions [...]
      the knockdown (crushing blow) is actually magic dmg :D but your point about it is still valid.
      ...Eh? Where'd you get that from? :alol:

Crushing Blow is obviously a physical damage skill as it cannot be resisted (aka both its damage and stumble effect are not affected by Magic Accuracy or by Magic Resist), and its only peculiarity is that it cannot crit.

Edit: I figured what caused your misconception...
      Funnily enough, Crushing Blow's description wrongly states it's magical earth damage. I wonder how such blatantly incorrect information found its way into a skill's description. :rolleyes:

The post was edited 3 times, last by [NICK]daishinkansama ().

• t0re wrote:

i said condition, not activation(havent tested for the activation of that skill myself so idk).
      knockdown, knockback, aetherhold, spin are all physical conditions, their activation can be either magic or physical skil(with its phys or magic dmg). They cannot overwrite each other.
      as for the pvp at the current meta its fast pace so moving slowly for the parry unless u purposedly wanna proc the coutner leech is not a good idea, but this is a bit more advanced stuff
      (unless for some reason u play with the parry kd skill as well)

I don't even know why you're bothering to reply to somebody who clearly has no grasp of the game :|

he's even telling this kid to get sunayaka pole I mean seriously
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!