How to apply for a group

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Sirkka Writing all those reasons, from your point of view, it makes sense and I can agree with a lot of points from that perspective. It puts things in a different light.

As I said in my first post, I can understand it when you go in and swim in the pool of unknown people. It's strange that the population on Aion is continuously shrinking and we become more and more strangers with each other, a bigger pool of unknown people, instead of knowing each other better and don't have to do such things. I'm just worried that this is heavily misinterpreted, same as pverank is heavily misinterpreted by lots of players, and people turned this into more of a trend on current servers than being a tool for unknown people from other servers. I hope that you know see what my point was about. English is neither my language and it can take me walls of texts to explain simple things.
    • Can i express my frustration about pveranks in general without being flagged as off-topic (because it is related to applying to a group)? I will anyway.

As a gladiator for me it was very hard to find a proper nara alli because every single nara run i have on pve ranks is very low iDPS and i will explain why.

My gear is pve only and ofc it has enmity + (duh), most of the alliances i go with there isn't a second tank or if it is his dmg is too low or he has no very low enmity( or not at all) to hold aggro @ switches even after i take coldstrike i never use the taunt skills ( Provoke, Blade of Incitement. Body Blow ).

So in order not to die i have to stop dps most of the times and only full dps when the switch phase is over, thus the very low dps i do and get registered on that site :) When i apply they see the low iDPS and insta refuse or telling me that my dps sucks but i'm seriously thinking about getting an assassin set so i will never have to tank :) I am a bit lucky now because few alliance leaders knows me and actual invite me, but overall i wanted to express my frustration about the pveranks :)
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • Well remember that Narakali is not the most significant indikator when scouting a player. But most of the leader themself are bad and they dont know how to use PvERank properly.

When I evaluate a player's profil, I will consider the fact that Gladiator /Templar are tanks, therefore their DPS cant be as high as from a normal DD. Same for Sins when the tanks cant hold agsinst them even after cold strike.

Using PvERank properly allows me to filter out good and bad player and I never found someone who is below an average player for certain Instances like Holy Tower. Of course it is bullshit if you have to take a look at PvERank while recruiting for LoK.... But it is the fault of the player and not the tool itself.

Back 2 Topic:
      Most of the listed points describe the way how a normal Person would do when they wanna apply for a harder instance. I wanna see you scouting people for Narakali HM and someone send you messages where the most important informations are missing. So what would you do? It is not funny spending time to filter out which information is a lie and which is the truth. But nowaday people don't even spend time to watch a video of the instance before applying anway so good applications are almost non existent.
    • @iSTAN if you are about to get a 2nd coldstrike in your face , use charge and kite the boss. It will follow you the whole outer circle and eventually skip the coldstrike or you delay it by kiting until your first debuff runs out. I’ve the same problem like you describe even using pvp gear without enemity boost, but kiting it saved me a lot of times now.
    • iSTAN wrote:

And I like to see that apparently here on the forums every person who checks pveranks knows how to.
      Just made up the idea of a "How to use PvERanks" guide with with some others

failboat wrote:

It's strange that the population on Aion is continuously shrinking and we become more and more strangers with each other,
      The server situation forced people to use the cross-server search instead of relying on those you can find on the server. It was unpopular before because the system isn't that great (and still isn't) which caused the development. Other games rely on gear level, class and have level limits (and you can kick players). Since that isn't possible in Aion you're forced to choose your mates wisely.

iSTAN wrote:

As a gladiator for me it was very hard to find a proper nara alli because every single nara run i have on pve ranks is very low iDPS and i will explain why.
      You still hear those? Would surprise me.