Discipline arena Training (1v1)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Discipline arena Training (1v1)

This is an attempt to make 1v1 training discipline come alive on atleast the UK region servers, and possibly a platform for people who want to arrange it.

What I want people to do for a start is have 2 hours per day where anyone can apply for 1v1 training and post here your victories, close fights and defeats.

I'm sure many of you already know how actively this is being used in Korea and I have heard many people saying it would be nice to have here aswell.

Now, of course many think there should be some rules, but also we should be free to use whatever we feel like, kindof.

For this reason I have mapped out some very simple rules, which, if your opponent does not follow, feel free to call him\her a baddie with pride.

Time schedule:

Every single day of the week
      16:00 until 18:00 (GMT+1) (chaos \ 3v3 arena starts at 18:00)

I believe this time suits everyone well as you have gotten home from work\school and you wont miss out on any other event during the day

Rules for 1v1 training

Aether jelly (4000 DP \ 2000 DP) is not allowed

You are however allowed to use one DP if you gather enough DP from your kills on the opposing player or the mobs in the circle-desert stage.

Class specific DP skills which are allowed Don't know every name for asmo version so I will describe them

Gladiator: Seething explosion (2000 DP knockdown)

Templar: Divine chastisement (2000 DP block\shield)

Sorcerer: Aetheric spell \ Pandaemonium focus

Spiritmaster: Spirit armor of light (2000 DP pet buff)

Bard: Symphony of wrath (2000 DP fire damage)

Gunner: Players choice; Magic cannon shot OR Power of magic (2000 DP cannon skill OR 2000 DP buff)

Ranger: Mau form

Assassin: Players choice; Divine strike \ Strike of darkness OR Wind walk

Cleric: Salvation

Chanter: Yustiel's Protection \ Marchutan's Protection

Aethertec: Breakthrough (2000 DP flight \ attack speed and Magic boost buff)

You are free to use any set you want, any skills you want (except the DP skills which are not mentioned in the above rules) play however you want, abuse obstacles as much as you want.

This is not the kind of training where you sit down and wait for eachothers cooldown, you play to win for the full 9 minutes.

Any item (except for one which i will highlight below) you pick up from treasure boxes you are also free to use.

The 40second invincibility is NOT ALLOWED

If you want this to become a thing as badly as I want it to, then make it your goal to atleast post 1 screenshot per day when you have the time and tell your community how good \ bad the fight was :love:

TL;DR ?

between 16:00 ~ 18:00 (GMT+1) Apply for training discipline and fight without invincibility shield or DP jelly.

The DP skills which are allowed if you gather enough DP from fighting are listed above for each class.

Post screens here and try to enjoy some 1v1 before the insane event schedule starts in the evening ^^

You are free to copy \ translate this thread to any other EU community forum as long as you follow the same rules

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rinnie ().

• Parry Chanter, boring as hell

No idea, don't think he had gear

Cried that I tried hard, while i always let him cast first skill, didn't hit him on tog's silence, and he used 2x wintry.. whatever

Fair fight, the only tie I've got, we each almost got one kill, but nope.

Closest one of the day

Expected more from him, but fair fights aswell

One kill because he attacked me on tog's silence, so i did the same. (I know it's not forbidden, just a bit lame)

Overall a very good idea, thanks.
    • You didn't hit me on tog's silence, true, but i used remove shock before that silence, so basicly i lost both remove shock and vaisels for nothing. That was the amazing round 1. Round 2 was decent, we were 1-1 if u recall. Third map was the bridge one, where u abused every rock obstacle available, so i just stopped trying. How is that a fair fight for a sorc? Plus, double wintry, 1 of the wintry was while i was silenced by tog, the other one on round 3 when u were just kiting with the rocks.

And yes i said u tried hard cuz u went full scrolls and stuff while i was using lvl60 gear with 0/2 augmentation, lol
    • [NICK]kalestian wrote:

You didn't hit me on tog's silence, true, but i used remove shock before that silence, so basicly i lost both remove shock and vaisels for nothing. That was the amazing round 1. Round 2 was decent, we were 1-1 if u recall. Third map was the bridge one, where u abused every rock obstacle available, so i just stopped trying. How is that a fair fight for a sorc? Plus, double wintry, 1 of the wintry was while i was silenced by tog, the other one on round 3 when u were just kiting with the rocks.

And yes i said u tried hard cuz u went full scrolls and stuff while i was using lvl60 gear with 0/2 augmentation, lol

Using scrolls is wrong now ? ... It's not my fault that you were up against a class where you only had to use wind resist. Your guildmate made the topic with rules explained, you can't blame me for following them.

Besides I only have 1 set so, you hardly can blame me for that either, unless I have to enter naked because it's not fair ? (And you have no idea what my gear is either since it's locked).
    • I blamed you?Where exactly? And its all about rules isnt it, I mean when ur fighting for fun and no rewards, using obstacles is fair?lol

Just check ur other entries, why do u think only glads/temps/clerics/chanters enter? Cuz cloths know people will just abuse obstacles to boost their epeen by winning so they dont even apply. I ll stop myself as well. This isn't 1v1 at all lol
    • [NICK]kalestian wrote:

I blamed you?Where exactly? And its all about rules isnt it, I mean when ur fighting for fun and no rewards, using obstacles is fair?lol

Just check ur other entries, why do u think only glads/temps/clerics/chanters enter? Cuz cloths know people will just abuse obstacles to boost their epeen by winning so they dont even apply. I ll stop myself as well. This isn't 1v1 at all lol

Sorry, next time i'll just stand and let you burst me.
    • If you use ur shields right before i cover u wouldnt need to even move an inch to survive me, ur missing the point. what im saying is that ur fighting a high cooldown based class and u need to abuse something like that, if u dont understand it on ur own its pointless for me to point out.

If u fought a block cleric u would feel the same.

• many fights with this guy, very hard for sorc in those arenas

fast gunner, very close!

Best 1v1 of the day, 6 para procs b4 i could get back on my feet, mad guy raged on my stream chat : (

also had one with daggeroya but forgot to screen, 6-2 i believe for him, blind to strong : )

I want to take some small moment to say this is just training arena, today I saw way to many people raging over this little event.
      For me this is alot of fun as katalam pvp can seem kinda dead at times, if you dont play to win in those arenas, have fun with it, then whats the point to apply there?

Please however use the thread for any argument, but dont go crazy and get it closed, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for every 1v1 today ^^
    • Well idk, ive got absolutely wrecked by yavanah, not even rng, its just chanter is tetarded strong, stun, run recovery spell rinse repeat wow.
      Then shuba with his blind godstone techincaly i could ve taken a seat in the middle of the arena and watch myslef getting wrecked in blind after blind.

Altho i liked some fights, espec the one against balls, was great. :)
    • Indeed it's very hard to fight a RS-use based class for clothies. Well, I am sure I could deal with you in single duels, but it still would be very challenging.
      Besides that, wasnt doing much and basicly fighint just Rin today, except few of those.

I was actually expecting more from Dezmond. And amounts he proc'd silence on me was just enormous... Felt like i was silenced almost whole secound round.
      Anyway, had a great time. Probably gonna repeat this more regardless how hard it sometimes is. But practice is practice. You gotta learn it hard way.
    • Had some nice fights , thanks for that!

Seems like there were already quite a lot of people doing this today, hoping to meet more and different classes in the future.

I know most encounters were clearly in favor of Sm tho (without me using fears and sub ofc), yet all but one guy had the balls to try until the end :)

imgur.com/YC5ozyO

imgur.com/IgQSXEu

imgur.com/6X6oGbW

imgur.com/cEYqPIW

imgur.com/VWUw4lo

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bitburger ().