Recomendation for PvE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Recomendation for PvE

Hello,
      I am new to playing gladi ( no new to the game tho) and I have some questions about gladi and pve set.
      So I am 74 lv now with prigga +8 pole and Holly apollon DW ( dagger is 15 and sword is +7) but the rest of the set is meh.. I got full grey wolf acc's , gold plume but no decent wings.

So my question is any advise was to what I can do about set so I can start going Nara , atleast EM. I prefer no to waste much kinah to buy fallusha set , prefer to farm it my self if possible at all :cookieshugo:
    • Eeeeh well idk xd but enhancing ur gear gives much more attack, but I think u are fine as long as you know how to play your class ^__^ Probably more exp ppl with nara here on the forum than me ='D
    • Your gear is not bad if you have it socketed at least power +6 and have enough crit strike. What you really need for Nara is Fallusha DW. Even +0. Better buy it from broker and sell when got some from instance. And try to go with somebody. If you have some runs on PvERanks it's much easier to find alliance in future.
    • Why do you suggest him Fallusha duals to do Narakalli EM? Holy Apollon +15 and go, and as @Sophisticated said, farm soulstones with those and directly upgrade ur holy apollon to enhanced Fallusha.
      As a gladi you also don’t really need pve armor, I’m using my pvp armor for that, cuz I don’t feel like wasting money for an exact duplicate of my pvp power set just for pve.
      I made grey wolf accs (neck, earrings, helm) +5 and Dagger/Sword Enhanced Fallusha (started with Prigga Dagger/Sword +15 in Nara EM until I dropped and upgraded to Fallusha). The rest is totally irrelevant.
      +15 your armor at least with free Hero Task and whatever apes, enhancing armor gives white Attack bonus which values much more than some power manastones.
    • if u want to have a chance to join any nara ally (that will actually finish boss and not just try it)
      1)u dont need nara armor for sure, but u rly need the apo set at at least +12+13 - recomended +15.
      2)Apo dw weapons need to be +15 as well(would be nice if u have nara dagger but can be fine without), at least apo polearm+0(u got prigga+8 so u are fine)
      3) minimum full apo accessories (may be even buy nara rings/belt as they are rly cheap , and get some upper greywolf accesories(earrings,neck,hat) by farming dred/divine siege/neviwinds and possibly enchant them at least at +1+2)

-note even all that might not get u in ally

4)1400 crit strike(with scroll) and the rest of stones in power. Note manastones are the most important thing for your dmg after the %pve atk! using powers +6 as some1 wrote above will essencially render u DPSless compared to every1 else in the ally. As phys class your dps scales slower at lower gear.
      5)you need to be able to weave with the dw
      6)Watch some videos, dont go yolo there expecting some1 will explain to u what to do or that u will find out for yourself, coz u will find yourself dead(or even killing some1 else) pretty fast and that will give u rly bad start and the guys u go with might not invite you again.

-Everything is sunshine and rainbows but u need to show somehow that u are doing dmg so make all other instances and upload sessions to the pve ranking so in case u are applying to crosserver at least some1 might consider u are worth taking if they check you. Some1 might even take you with the tought to use u as 1st bomb right away depending on your performance/gear.

all my chars that i run nara on are still partially apo armor gear (and i have 7 of them +2 pure healing clerics)

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• Click wrote:

Why do you suggest him Fallusha duals to do Narakalli EM?
      Cause it's really the best suggestion. They can be even +0 - that's cheaper then apollon +15 - and do more dps. If he can roll some weapon inside he can sell it latter. And my own experience tells me that dagger/sword from drop always goes to sin so better buy your own.

It's pretty easy to give suggestion not to have pve gear when you have +25 set socketed +10 stones and know mechanics, but it's bit hard to be invited in ally as gladiator if you don't have good dps. To many ppl play with that class.

t0re wrote:

using powers +6 as some1 wrote above will essencially render u DPSless compared to every1 else in the ally
      Really not. That's the cheapest way to have some average dps for f2p player. You can change it in future when you have money for that.
    • Thank you all for your suggestions !
      Looking at all of this I think I may try to buy pole/sword since my holy dagger is +15 already. The main problem is the set. I know its better to have white attack then to have some end game on +1-2.
      So my options are:
      1) try to gather Lost Rentus base set 6 slots and go +15
      2) maybe buy the Nara shoulders at least , even tough the Templar ones are 25kk and gladiator are 250 so I will ignore the few parry they give, will buy Templar
      3) just slowly waste APES in my current holy set that is on +2;3 and upgrade it later

But as it seems people don't even look at others that aren't 75, yes I know 90% and above have 75 their mains, but I started this new account in the last month. Will be 74 next 2-3 days, but don't expect to be taken to Nara even Nm until I am 75.
    • GhostOfMe wrote:

That's the cheapest way to have some average dps for f2p player
      we're talking about a gladi and not a sorc, u know perfectly well how u were outdpsed by naked chars just because u were gladi
      also if u are gonna socket lower attack based stones jsut use attack +5 as they're almsot for free, why on earth would u waste powers +6 for almost the same stat?
      ps: if u want to make some mix for optimal stat/kinah use that manastone table erufuun made a while back:
      manstones for socketing and caps

Syphrena wrote:

1) try to gather Lost Rentus base set 6 slots and go +15
      that was viable on the old % of the black stones, now u'll end up wasting a lot of time and kinah to make outdated set that doesnt even have pve def

The post was edited 4 times, last by t0re ().

• Click wrote:

I made grey wolf accs (neck, earrings, helm) +5 and Dagger/Sword Enhanced Fallusha (started with Prigga Dagger/Sword +15 in Nara EM until I dropped and upgraded to Fallusha). The rest is totally irrelevant.
      How was this possible? Prigga Dagger is just for Sin. Just the Sword is available for Glad and Temp
      God let it rain brains .... or stones
    • dont even try to get rentus base gear or old 65 its failing too much:))

Like people said get apollon to 10+ use glowing stones till 6-10 on cheap parts.

And yes if you dont socket atleast pow 9-10 ( yea i know $ but if you want decent results, farm luna xd), better get att 5/6. Pow 7-8 is "okeish" but nothing special and expensive for disapointing stats.

And leave pole at + 0 u dont need it anyway.
    • SkeeveAahz wrote:

How was this possible? Prigga Dagger is just for Sin. Just the Sword is available for Glad and Temp
      Only AP is bound to a class, what're u talking about? :huh:

Syphrena wrote:

Oh no my armor is shieet. 2 prigga at +3 and 3 apollon at +3 aswell .. :D. My problem is the gear. I don't think apollon is wroth + atm but I guess its too low to get taken
      Prigga is certainly an issue because the offensive stats are bad compared to Apollon, AP, Fallusha etc. Moreover most Apollon parts are cheap and can be upgraded at least to +5 by Glowing Enchantment Stones. Currently you lose quite some atk like that. Except for cutting-edge shoulders if you have them, they're slightly better than Apollon.
      Currently I might turn out similar to this:
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc/94548
      By becoming 75, upgrading the gear, exchanging the dagger there would be around 187 Atk more. Even more if the manastones were at least Power 7.

Syphrena wrote:

prefer to farm it my self
      That may take ages in EM. I'd either just keep Apollon, farm new All Powerful Enchantment Stones and upgrade it to Enhanced Fallusha (if you thinks it's worth, well, shoulders are important though). What I wouldn't do is putting too much focus on defensive stats. I survived all sorts of content without this so far and there will be no more content until the gear itself is rendered useless.

Syphrena wrote:

so I will ignore the few parry they give
      You can always ignore these. It's just a waste of time to look out for either parry or block. You won't notice it anyway (and nothing's more ridiculous than people even passing on those like "omg it's templar; I need gladi". It's unlikely anyway that anyone farms their set in EM in the first place successfully (in time).

GhostOfMe wrote:

And my own experience tells me that dagger/sword from drop always goes to sin so better buy your own
      I only ever got my weapons from the alliances, but if there're really such people you may ask for the rules first. Gladiator on pole is pointless in PvE, so you're either permitted to roll or refuse to go in my opinion.

GhostOfMe wrote:

Even +0.
      Well, probably he won't deal a lot more damage because of 4 Atk and 3,1% PvE-Damage. I suppose the rest is a bigger issue at the moment, especially if he's not level 75 yet.

t0re wrote:

6)Watch some videos,
      Did somebody say video? :whistling:

GhostOfMe wrote:

but it's bit hard to be invited in ally as gladiator if you don't have good dps. To many ppl play with that class.
      I had the impression that people like to invite gladiators nowadays - and the other question might be "what's good dps?". My dps in Narakkalli was mostly 'average' over the past months, but there weren't any issues.
      Moreover whether you have 1300 or 1500 Atk - that's still away from what's possible nowadays. The top gladiators often have their 1700+ Atk and therefore it's hard up to impossible to compare. I'm interested though what sort of dps is considered 'acceptable' nowadays since I often feel that people focus more on files of the instance itself ("oh they made it").

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sirkka ().

• Sirkka wrote:

SkeeveAahz wrote:

Only AP is bound to a class, what're u talking about? :huh:

Syphrena wrote:

Oh no my armor is shieet. 2 prigga at +3 and 3 apollon at +3 aswell .. :D. My problem is the gear. I don't think apollon is wroth + atm but I guess its too low to get taken
      Prigga is certainly an issue because the offensive stats are bad compared to Apollon, AP, Fallusha etc. Moreover most Apollon parts are cheap and can be upgraded at least to +5 by Glowing Enchantment Stones. Currently you lose quite some atk like that. Except for cutting-edge shoulders if you have them, they're slightly better than Apollon.Currently I might turn out similar to this:
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc/94548
      By becoming 75, upgrading the gear, exchanging the dagger there would be around 187 Atk more. Even more if the manastones were at least Power 7.

Syphrena wrote:

prefer to farm it my self
      That may take ages in EM. I'd either just keep Apollon, farm new All Powerful Enchantment Stones and upgrade it to Enhanced Fallusha (if you thinks it's worth, well, shoulders are important though). What I wouldn't put too much focus on are defensive stats. I survived all sorts of content without this so far and there will be no more content until the gear itself is rendered useless.

Syphrena wrote:

so I will ignore the few parry they give
      You can always ignore these. It's just a waste of time to look out for either parry or block. You won't notice it anyway (and nothing's more ridiculous than people even passing on those like "omg it's templar; I need gladi". It's unlikely anyway that anyone farms their set in EM in the first place successfully (in time).

GhostOfMe wrote:

And my own experience tells me that dagger/sword from drop always goes to sin so better buy your own
      I only ever got my weapons from the alliances, but if there're really such people you may ask for the rules first. Gladiator on pole is pointless in PvE, so you're either permitted to roll or refuse to go in my opinion.

GhostOfMe wrote:

Even +0.
      Well, probably he won't deal a lot more damage because of 4 Atk and 3,1% PvE-Damage. I suppose the rest is a bigger issue at the moment, especially if he's not level 75 yet.

t0re wrote:

6)Watch some videos,
      Did somebody say video? :whistling:

GhostOfMe wrote:

but it's bit hard to be invited in ally as gladiator if you don't have good dps. To many ppl play with that class.
      I had the impression that people like to invite gladiators nowadays - and the other question might be "what's good dps?". My dps in Narakkalli was mostly 'average' over the past months, but there weren't any issues.Moreover whether you have 1300 or 1500 Atk - that's still away from what's possible nowadays. The top gladiators often have their 1700+ Atk and therefore it's hard up to impossible to compare. I'm interested though what sort of dps is considered 'acceptable' nowadays since I often feel that people focus more on files of the instance itself ("oh they made it").
      Thank you for the tips and the time you put to make the gear calc also !
      I was playing Templar for around 2 years before so I'm familiar with wave but still some combos on gladi I guess are unfamiliar to me. My 2 prigga armors are pants and chest , so will be looking to change them soon enough. The apollon even with glowing seem so fragile they poof quite a lot :D took me 3 shoulders to reach +5 on one, not to mention the success ratio of wings( around 30 krobans to make one at +7 :S).
      Hopefully in the next 3 weeks I can reach 75 and will see what my luck with Nara overall will be.
    • As I had the same issue as you 3 months ago, i suggest you going for chanter/assassin armor, prioritize ur weapons shoulders and accs, focus on the other parts later :) Going with enmity + gear in nara will be annoying for u as a tank and you'll lose dps (at least i do). your taunt skills are enough to hold aggro, your gear will just make it worse in terms of your overall dps ( at least it does for me ). Even in my last NM and HM tries, this enmity + gear is making me problems and cause dps loss, but maybe i just suck at the game,anyhow these are my suggestions tho. GL

Edit after reading all the replies:
      Rotation is fairly easy, prioritize pdef reductions skills, and high dps skills first. ( you can see these on pveranks on any top 10 gladiator) .

pdef reduction: , ; High dmg in order: combo, , combo but never use due to the very long animation,
      (i would recommend not weaving between sure strike and body blow, the animation is fairy long for sure strike and u can cancel it faster with body blow w/o weaving)

Fillers: siegebreaker and cleaves but if u're out of skills (yeah, it can happen) maybe consider earthquake wave, aerial lockdown.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 11 times, last by iSTAN: Grammar ().