[Pve] (2000 Runs!) So, what's the 'best' PvE DPS now?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vespir wrote:

PROTECTIVE SKILLS, boss aoes for 8k and 5k, pot 5 min cd 4k 30 sec cd 2k

that is all you can say? did you fail to read my post after "protective skills"?

Vespir wrote:

trying so hard to prove yourself when everyone already knows what you are, I don't even need to prove it, keep trying though, watching you try to learn to play is like watching a turtle go the right way up after being stuck on its back, either it needs a little help or it wont happen at all :( . Enough derailling from me, won't bother with you any longer. :thumbup:

amazing imagination, but keep your dreams for yourself. I don't need it.
    • nonexistent wrote:

Miie wrote:

nonexistent wrote:

Vespir wrote:

I guess my server has a lack of good, or geared sms

I, Levethenya and Thesslah do damage twice more than your promising one on dred commander.

We don't have a chanter nor a healbot in our group ;(

logic is missed in your sentence cuz we are talking about range dps

So you don't get mantras and wow / woq from chanter? O_o And no matter if you're ranged, you can avoid aoe's from DDG commander pretty easy but now there is also a crazy mothafucka Tarbosh running around AND all the mobs untill some aoe's wipe them. And mobs also puts you in aerial snare xD You won't get as many hits as a melee, but if you're unlucky and you get hit twice or more, unless you're an healing class, you gonna die X_x
    • Miie wrote:

So you don't get mantras and wow / woq from chanter?

you can have mantras and wow / woq from chanter on second window 8|

Miie wrote:

And no matter if you're ranged, you can avoid aoe's from DDG commander pretty easy but now there is also a crazy mothafucka Tarbosh running around AND all the mobs untill some aoe's wipe them. And mobs also puts you in aerial snare xD You won't get as many hits as a melee, but if you're unlucky and you get hit twice or more, unless you're an healing class, you gonna die X_x

I was unlucky few times :S also need to keep magma alive or your dps will be "promising"
    • Guys? Guys?

I can't use any damagemeter without proper Timestamps :x

Vespir wrote:

any knowledgeable aion player will know sins are undisputed in pve dps :p
      And still you can't really back that up with data.
      While this holds true for Single Target DPS on relatively static Bosses that stay in melee range, Assassins are not the best DPS class for DR period.

With my current information I can verify that Assassins do in fact go up and beyond in Infinity Shard (currently sitting at 4.128 real DPS or roughly 247k DPM) - but that's the one percent. He's the only one who beat the best SM (by a huge margin) but there's still more to be done on SMs. (But the same holds true for basically every class except for Songweavers who really can't go much higher than 190k DPM)

Also keep in mind that apart from a very artificial Chanter/Songweaver/etc.-Setup to benefit Sorcerers, there simply is no class profiting as much from well timed support as Assassins. This still makes it the best PvE DPS class for these cases, not trying to talk Assassins down. Assassins are DPS beasts and offer little Support, that's a fair trade-off. And that's the thing. That's reality. This is how PvE encontent looks like. If I looked at each class in a vacuum, SMs probably come out on top, but who knows?

Assassins can be pushed by so much *stuff* in a proper setup. Two Chanters (WoW, four Mantras, Meteor Strike), Two Gladiators (Shattering Wave etc.), One Templar (That.. Other phys. Deff debuff), One Aethertech (phys Deff Debuff), Two Rangers (phys Deff Debuff), Two SMs (Phys Deff Debuff, SWoP, IB) is a pretty legit Setup actually.

Going to update in a few days.

430+ runs and going strong ^^
    • [NICK]failboat wrote:

nonexistent wrote:

protective skills

As in more than one protective skill? I dont know how many classes have that, maybe sorc? I can tell you that my AT does nothing against aether hold so its a physical damage, I can only resist skills with FE.

He's trying to prove a point he doesn't have, leave the boy alone :|
    • Those skills have lower CD than pots and resist skills, which I never said those aren't protective skills. But its one skill not skills.

[NICK]erufuun wrote:

While this holds true for Single Target DPS on relatively static Bosses that stay in melee range, Assassins are not the best DPS class for DR period.

Too much misconception is why people don't take sins in many instances on our servers. Sins cant do this sins cant do that we don't need sins. I'll leave this here, things that we might never see on our servers:
      youtube.com/watch?v=RZpbgNq4e8s
      youtube.com/watch?v=yVWT8fxNw4o

The post was edited 1 time, last by failboat ().

• nonexistent wrote:

Vespir wrote:

He's trying to prove a point he doesn't have, leave the boy alone :|

all damage to me from boss yesterday, l2p boy

total damage to tard gunner, definitely he need more heal

U mad m9? 25m dpser can dps from anywhere *in sillus*, gunner is 20, that swear though, guess I hurt your plastic ego son :| :cookieshugo: :cookieshugo: :cookieshugo:

Point is, sometimes you don't but when you do, someone always there to wipe behind you, if you get what I mean :v

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vespir ().

• No but it becomes increasingly difficult to ignore a complete tool after a while :c Quite obviously came to start an argument simply because he doesn't get the recognition he wants, though he doesn't deserve it at all :/ I mean, maybe when he stops trading at siege or entering arena with multiple chars/teams I will learn to give a little respect, that's the last I will litter this post with.

Sarry Quon.
    • [NICK]failboat wrote:

[NICK]erufuun wrote:

Too much misconception is why people don't take sins in many instances on our servers. Sins cant do this sins cant do that we don't need sins. I'll leave this here, things that we might never see on our servers:
      youtube.com/watch?v=RZpbgNq4e8s
      youtube.com/watch?v=yVWT8fxNw4o
      I was looking for the first video but couldn't find it anymore, thanks.

But my point stands: Assassins can't properly DPS bosses from 25 (or even 10) meters of range. Can they Bow Auto Attack and still kill a clone in DR (with a cleric's help)? Sure they can, but every single ranged class does a better job at that than Assassins do.

It's just not an Assassin's Forte. They have their time to shine - DR just isn't that place.
      Can they outperform others in there? Sure they can. But not ranged DDs of equal skill and gear (with SWs being arguable)
    • nonexistent wrote:

Vespir wrote:

25m dpser can dps from anywhere *in sillus*, gunner is 20

Vespir wrote:

I guess boss only does auto attacks and all his aoe's are easy to evade since bossroom in prades or sillus is ever so big.

which post is correct? you failed to be smart boy

Someone who can't even cover body root on a glad talking to me about smart -_- I give up.
    • Yo. New Updates. 425 IS / 180 DR

Time from First Hit to Last Hit:

Basic Graph - This thing shows how many times each class achieved a specific rank in the Overall Damagemeter (and how many times they had Resonator duty and all)

The next graph shows how many times each class achieved a specific DPS (in 100DPS-intervals)

Approximately 5% of all non-support classes achieve more than 3.000 DPS

Details to the very best players, their DPS and how the party setup looked like:

These are the Top 15 for each class in DPS (first image) and DPM (second image)

And this graph shows how many times a specific DPS was reached and which rank on the DPS meter they wound up with:

Putting the information into graphs, to see peaks and plateus:

Now this is something I did out of my own curiosity as a person whose Main is a chanter..
      The following graphs show how having different amounts of chanter support affected their DPS.
      The colored graph is their DPS graph with one chanter or less.
      The black graph shows how having a second and a third chanter affected their DPS.
      These graphs show a 200 DPS interval instead of 100 DPS.

Album-Link

And setup + DPS + ranking of ALL runs in my Database (2.5MB)

______________________________________________________-

And the same thing (but fewer graphs) for Runadium, sadly few people do the instance these days.

Time..

Rank Distribution

DPS Disttribution

Details for the best DDs

And the Top 5 for each class

And the overview for all runs:

Keep 'em coming
    • Mind you, this is not DPS as shown by ARM. :)

I'm leaving this here. It's a High-DPS-Run that shows how much different ARM DPS is compared to actual instance-DPS.

ARM Screenshot:

How I calculate DPS - the 5.680-ARM-DPS-Assasin has a real DPS of roughly 4.300 - I (the SM) with 4.091 ARM DPS have roughly 3.300 real DPS.

I still need to properly assign Godstones to both Assassins and the Songweaver - all other classes are properly calculated including their godstones.