Does Hide ability have any purpose in game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you think PvE is an issue with hide, oh boy.

PvP wise, hide gives an advantage to the radar hacker opponent you are trying to hunt down, by giving THEM the element of surprise.

Not even a joke. Every time I tried to reroll a sin it took me about 20 minutes of pvp [at least not in the recent few patches where PvP is non existent] to realize why I always disliked playing that class.
      People playing classes without any hide detection abilities shamelessly full buffing and targeting you and killing you.
      Less shameless people full buff and use AoE abilities where you are located with amazing accuracy, without targeting you. [ Because if they don't target you, it makes the hack less obvious LUL ]
      Even less shameless people just follow you around without attacking you. I don't know why this is a thing.
    • Hide gives a huge impact on Arena, Duel, or "PVP" on open word. On pve, for some monsters it can make u lose agro. Not for elites, bosses and huge mobs Nosra/Esterra (lvl 70 +) if i'm not mistaken.

For me hide is wonderfull, u really feel like a ninja if u have a server with some open pvp (late night or so) u can try solo some guys be patient track them and boom kill them.
      For hacks and cheats, well u have some people cheating, but the game wasn't set for this.

Hide to have an element of surprise.

In Pve, i don't see any use of it sorry i'm noob.
    • People buffing up and hitting you can be coincidense as well :) Sometimes I notice the slight fps drop which means probably an enemy nearby and I use my chanter aoe DP skill and there is actually a sin standing next to me xD I bet they get really surprised :alol:
    • Erik wrote:

People buffing up and hitting you can be coincidense as well :) Sometimes I notice the slight fps drop which means probably an enemy nearby and I use my chanter aoe DP skill and there is actually a sin standing next to me xD I bet they get really surprised :alol:
      and chat. I am always checking the chat cos you can see other peoples effects. when you see the sin 'starting to buff' then it means they are close, time to try a few aoes and see if u get lucky.

But yeah. quite a few do radar hack
    • hide 1 or hide 2 / advanced hide ? (old names)
      specific mobs can see assasin's hide (hide2), even more mobs can see ranger's hide (hide1).
      u cant expect a ranger or assasin mob to stay passive on your hide. they have "eye 2".
      a mage mob can see a ranger on hide but cant see an assasin, like players skills.
      "plate" mobs cant see either in most cases.

for pvp there are some tricks to guess if there is an assasin on hide near u.

back at the first days of aion we created "chat radar" an extra tab of chat moved on other place of screen configured to show only asmo (opponent) skills - i kept the red colour. so many times chat caught the hide skills (or any skill) in about 120-140 meters a range longer than 100 meters or normal radar.

also lag is your friend u learn when u have "asmo" (opponent) lag. especially before ssd

also at some point there was a bug with the shadows... u could see sins shadows...
    • In PvP it's pretty useless as if you mark the sin and have the select brand on ur skill bar if he's under 100m (or even less?) away from you the select brand will activate so you'll know the guy is near.

In PvE though, it has the advantage of going ahead w/o killing mobs :) such as SWB Sin ways, or narakkalli door opening to bastiel after golmir :)

This is all i could think of atm :)
      Gear updated 24/07/18
      Glad | Sin
    • sorcerer here. not all need radar hack even though I've been accused quiet a lot. asmo lag, brand selection detection ( when u mark him ) quick sight on his bluffs, range of him to you.. you can break down scientific and game stuff to explain this but for me it's just a hunch, a feeling - and it's right 90% of the time.

I should point out that this ability is espeacily true to sorcerers if u play long enough you will get that ability- as sins are our cancer. ( and ofc robot, gunner, bard.. actually all lel)
    • In the past when rifting was popular hide was of great help to travel across the map without distraction and to surprise opponents. Or avoid Elyos while essencetapping or aethertapping, was faster to use hide than to run to safe spot with group of Elyos behind. Ofc, that was all before hide hack was introduced and every glad and templar started to follow sins across the map.

At first using buffs removed hide, then they changed it to be able to use 3 buffs and there was less need to run away, buff and come back to opponent, though chat radar was still showing messages about buffs.

Now it's quite hard to find a justification for using it, though you can still pass some mobs in hide even in latest instances. Now I think it is mostly a precaution measure when you go afk in open world for a short time.