Hello! I'm Fogers and I'm new here!!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Hello! I'm Fogers and I'm new here!!

      New

      Hello friends. I'm new here, come from Lithuania and looking where to play. I'm friendly and good person, so if someone read this thread "I'm looking for clan/ally/guild" (don't know anything about this game :pinch: ).

      I chose this instead of BnS and I hope it's good choice. But I need a little help of you guys. How to register in game when website is on "Scheduled Maintenance"? And how to choose which server to play?

      And... If someone wants to write a little, tell me more about this game. I hope it's not strongly based P2W? Is it more PVP or PVE or both? Is there possible to play SOLO and more info? :)

      Thanks, love you all!
    • New

      Hello welcome,

      It’s Wednesday, there’s usually maintenance during this time till around midday.

      That means you probably have to wait for registering on the website.
      The first time you login there are some server to chose, the game automatically suggests a server for you, which you can decline and join the server of your choice.

      Deyla is currently the most populated Server and Asmodean faction needs more player (Elyos faction are more in numbers but lack quality if you know what I mean xD).

      Game is both pvp and pve orientated.
      PvP isn’t very popular at the moment cuz you need to heavily p2w if you want to stay competitive.
      PvE on the other hand is chilled and doesn’t require the best of the best gear.
      There’s many solo instances you can do, aswell as a lot of group instances with different difficulties.

      Another thing, you start at lvl1, but the game will seem empty and boring for you until you hit lvl66. There is a beginner server where you will spawn automatically in low levels, there you might meet people from other server to make it less boring to level up.
    • New

      Click wrote:

      Hello welcome,

      It’s Wednesday, there’s usually maintenance during this time till around midday.

      That means you probably have to wait for registering on the website.
      The first time you login there are some server to chose, the game automatically suggests a server for you, which you can decline and join the server of your choice.

      Deyla is currently the most populated Server and Asmodean faction needs more player (Elyos faction are more in numbers but lack quality if you know what I mean xD).

      Game is both pvp and pve orientated.
      PvP isn’t very popular at the moment cuz you need to heavily p2w if you want to stay competitive.
      PvE on the other hand is chilled and doesn’t require the best of the best gear.
      There’s many solo instances you can do, aswell as a lot of group instances with different difficulties.

      Another thing, you start at lvl1, but the game will seem empty and boring for you until you hit lvl66. There is a beginner server where you will spawn automatically in low levels, there you might meet people from other server to make it less boring to level up.
      Wow, thank you for answer :like: . Now I have more questions :D .

      So, okay, I believe you and I choose Asmodean faction for no reason :thumbsup: . But how about servers? I want to play in Deyla because it's most populated, but you say I will be spawned in beginner server. So when I can leave that beginner server and is it free or paid to change server? Or I still can enter Deyla in start?

      Thank you! :saint:

      EDIT: and can you offer some classes needed in server???? :) (more then one please).

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Fogeris ().

    • New

      Click wrote:

      Asmodean faction needs more player
      @Fogeris i made leveled char on asmo and playing 8th day over there and i can tell u my nerves are rly thin already. Asmo community is literaly dead altho they have the numbers. Its just no1 does anything and unless u get into crosserver group 100% forget about getting anything done. Due to the fact ppl dont do anything broker is mostly empty and prices are sky high on "baby items" , semi-end, endgame items are pretty much the same price as on elyos side.
      Chances u'd get help on asmo side are well lets say just that its unlikely. On elyos side u got the occasional bored highlevel that'd throw in a hand. Broker is filled with absolutely everything imaginable.
      I rly do not want to recomend elyos as asmos rly need more ppl but , that 1 week playing there just disgusted me :S
      At least for advices u dont care what faction you are , you can always ask here on the forum , there are several ppl that can give u good info to get into the game.

      Game has strong P2W element but somehow we still havent crossed the point of no return as its mostly shortening your time to build your char/gear(by quite a lot depending how much u invest). But at least almost everything is accessible via the game itself either directly or by bying from the ppl that are paying.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

    • New

      I play since 2009 and as an Elyos but I am on Deyla, yes.

      You can freely switch between Main server and Beginner server. Beginner server is just an integrated server for people in low levels to play together, but it’s optional.
      When you login and do the starter quests there’s one quest which shows you how to switch between those server.

      There’s not really needed classes to offer, I’d chose something that fits me the most.
      You should read about classes on the internet, can’t link any up to date sources atm cuz on phone, and then chose what is interesting for you.
      Maybe you have some preferences, like, tanking, healing, supporting and doing damage, playing aoe (splash damage) classes, fast or slow paced classes, big nuke classes, magical or physical, range or close combat.
    • New

      t0re wrote:

      Click wrote:

      Asmodean faction needs more player
      @Fogeris i made leveled char on asmo and playing 8th day over there and i can tell u my nerves are rly thin already. Asmo community is literaly dead altho they have the numbers. Its just no1 does anything and unless u get into crosserver group 100% forget about getting anything done. Due to the fact ppl dont do anything broker is mostly empty and prices are sky high on "baby items" , semi-end, endgame items are pretty much the same price as on elyos side.Chances u'd get help on asmo side are well lets say just that its unlikely. On elyos side u got the occasional bored highlevel that'd throw in a hand. Broker is filled with absolutely everything imaginable.
      I rly do not want to recomend elyos as asmos rly need more ppl but , that 1 week playing there just disgusted me :S
      At least for advices u dont care what faction you are , you can always ask here on the forum , there are several ppl that can give u good info to get into the game.

      Game has strong P2W element but somehow we still havent crossed the point of no return as its mostly shortening your time to build your char/gear(by quite a lot depending how much u invest). But at least alost everything is accesible via the game itself either directly or by bying from the ppl that are paying.
      Wow.. You just crashed me and now I don't know what to choose <X :cursing: .

      Click wrote:

      I play since 2009 and as an Elyos but I am on Deyla, yes.

      You can freely switch between Main server and Beginner server. Beginner server is just an integrated server for people in low levels to play together, but it’s optional.
      When you login and do the starter quests there’s one quest which shows you how to switch between those server.

      There’s not really needed classes to offer, I’d chose something that fits me the most.
      You should read about classes on the internet, can’t link any up to date sources atm cuz on phone, and then chose what is interesting for you.
      Maybe you have some preferences, like, tanking, healing, supporting and doing damage, playing aoe (splash damage) classes, fast or slow paced classes, big nuke classes, magical or physical, range or close combat.
      Wow, that's amazing I can choose what I want. Because like in Lineage2 as I remember old times if you are gladiator - you are not needed. If you are healer - you are loved by everyone and etc. But t0re crashed me with faction choosing, I don't know how to do right decision ?( .
    • New

      if you have strong pvp orientation pick asmo, u'll struggle a lot in the begining, but u might end up having better pvp experience.If u like pve more choose elyos side, u'll progress faster , but in the end u could be very uncertain with the pvp standards of the different groups/allys
      Thats my 2 cents on the faction choice
    • New

      Well about classes.
      Templar, Ranger and Aethertech aren’t that popular.
      Clerics are always welcome, since they are the main heal classes in this game but also have high damage abilities.

      I play Gladiator, it still gives me the most fun in this game.

      About faction decision... I can’t say how the economy is on Deyla Asmo, I just can tell that they need more players.
      You can however start as an Elyos, but keep in mind you can’t roll as an Asmodian later on on the same server and same account.
    • New

      hey there

      thing is, it depends when you play - a lot (dunno when ely is highest active, but asmo is probably at night)

      it's currently in between patches, and a lot of people literally stopped playing until the next one - probably less noticeable on ely side as they are more in general, whereas asmo side is kinda... not dead just in hiatus - additionally quite some people stick to who they know - why should I bother recruiting if I have all I need in legion? also depends what you are focussing on (right now a lot of people are just spamming kumuki to level up), with 250% xp bonus people are less willing to do other stuff than leveling to begin with

      re class: play what you want :D
    • New

      t0re wrote:

      if you have strong pvp orientation pick asmo, u'll struggle a lot in the begining, but u might end up having better pvp experience.If u like pve more choose elyos side, u'll progress faster , but in the end u could be very uncertain with the pvp standards of the different groups/allys
      Thats my 2 cents on the faction choice
      Well I love PVE and I prefer it. But I still need PVP too. So now I'm thinkin about Elyos side :S .
    • New

      For a new player I definitely won’t recommend looking into PvP in the current patch. It takes A LOT of time (or money €€) to get on current gear standards.
      I’d just get into the game now, quickly get to lvl66 and casually level from 66-75 (it is a long way those 9 level). Meanwhile get in touch with the class you chose and do pve to gear up.
      The next patch, version 6.2, looks more promising pvp wise than the current super p2w pvp.
      Another note: everything gear wise you obtain now or in the next months will be kinda obsolete in 6.2, cuz NCSoft revamped almost everything.
    • New

      Click wrote:

      For a new player I definitely won’t recommend looking into PvP in the current patch. It takes A LOT of time (or money €€) to get on current gear standards.
      I’d just get into the game now, quickly get to lvl66 and casually level from 66-75 (it is a long way those 9 level). Meanwhile get in touch with the class you chose and do pve to gear up.
      The next patch, version 6.2, looks more promising pvp wise than the current super p2w pvp.
      Another note: everything gear wise you obtain now or in the next months will be kinda obsolete in 6.2, cuz NCSoft revamped almost everything.
      Oh, so till next patch it's like more introducing game for me. Yeah okay, I'm strongly interested in PVE so that's okay then. So should I use Elyos faction for better PVE community?
    • New

      Also rly rly important. Your 1st and biggest priority should be making friends in the game! That could speed up your leveling/gearing progress up to 5times faster + u're more likely to learn the class u picked faster.
      And ask for everything you dont know. Please dont do like 90% of the ppl out there pretending they're experienced(and/or lie/be silent about being new) and then u'll just end up being hated. At the very 1st days of doing given isntance u'd likely be slightly disapointed of the ppl around as some are not so accepting, but if u get your "1st info" correctly and not just your assumptions, believe me you'll feel much better when u know what is actually happening around you.
      I myself am playing since the game launched with few breaks here and there but i could say i am pretty experienced in the game, however i still ask questions if i am uncertain about something, asking friends to help me test it for myself and etc. Thats why i love the game - i'm finding new people all the time, discovering some minor stuff that i didnt know previously from time to time, get to experience different environments with different people and so on.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

    • New

      t0re wrote:

      Also rly rly important. Your 1st and biggest priority should be making friends in the game! That could speed up your leveling/gearing progress up to 5times faster + u're more likely to learn the class u picked faster.
      And ask for everything you dont know. Please dont do like 90% of the ppl out there pretending they're experienced(and/or lie/be silent about being new) and then u'll just end up being hated. At the very 1st days of doing given isntance u'd likely be slightly disapointed of the ppl around as some are not so accepting, but if u get your "1st info" correctly and not just your assumptions, believe me you'll feel much better when u know what is actually happening around you.
      I myself am playing since the game launched with few breaks here and there but i could say i am pretty experienced in the game, however i still ask questions if i am uncertain about something, asking friends to help me test it for myself and etc. Thats why i love the game - i'm finding new people all the time, discovering some minor stuff that i didnt know previously from time to time, get to experience different environments with different people and so on.
      Thank you. Yeah, I'm always asking, just I don't like to read wiki you know :).

      Thank you guys for answers, much likes for you!!!
    • New

      Hello and welcome to Aion, Fogers!

      Since others have already covered most of the questions you had, I'd just like to add that at the end of the day, it's up to what you feel like playing (class / faction wise).
      I'd say that all 3 English servers (Deyla, Hellion, Antriksha) are fairly populated.

      On top of that, as a new player, you might just want to go with what seems appealing to you as you'll be experiencing every aspect of the game and finding out whether you like it or not.
      That being said, don't be afraid to ask. There's plenty of people willing to help you.

      Have fun and best of luck!
    • New

      Ye wikis could be anoying sometimes, but some info on those would be valuable.
      At least we got those sites:
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Main_Page - which is somewhat wiki-like, quite a lot of info there, definetely recomend checking it (also has items database)
      aioncodex.com/en/ - nice item database

      aion.mouseclic.com/wiki - wiki / stigma calc / gear calc

      and for everything u cant find , there's the forum and the ppl ingame, altho ingame u gotta find the correct ppl coz some might just troll u for the lolz XD
    • New

      Febby wrote:

      Hello and welcome to Aion, Fogers!

      Since others have already covered most of the questions you had, I'd just like to add that at the end of the day, it's up to what you feel like playing (class / faction wise).
      I'd say that all 3 English servers (Deyla, Hellion, Antriksha) are fairly populated.

      On top of that, as a new player, you might just want to go with what seems appealing to you as you'll be experiencing every aspect of the game and finding out whether you like it or not.
      That being said, don't be afraid to ask. There's plenty of people willing to help you.

      Have fun and best of luck!
      Thank you!


      t0re wrote:

      Ye wikis could be anoying sometimes, but some info on those would be valuable.
      At least we got those sites:
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Main_Page - which is somewhat wiki-like, quite a lot of info there, definetely recomend checking it (also has items database)
      aioncodex.com/en/ - nice item database

      aion.mouseclic.com/wiki - wiki / stigma calc / gear calc

      and for everything u cant find , there's the forum and the ppl ingame, altho ingame u gotta find the correct ppl coz some might just troll u for the lolz XD
      Thank you again! aionpowerbook looks nice :).

      Is this because of maintenance? Any good web to see online status?
      Files
      • Untitled.jpg

        (44.06 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
    • New

      Okay, I'm level 8 and I'm feeling fine :D. So thank's everyone for help. What I'm doing - ALL QUESTS and COLLECTING HERBS. I hope it's good. I found some button who shows only at night? It's like "buy smth for pink moons?". BTW I take Priest class :). And inventory is so small.... Trying to sell everything what I don't need. Oh, so collecting herbs - is it good? And what stats of items I should prefer for Priest? And should I keep potions/scrolls like "increase cast. spd." for future or I can use it free right now?

      :like: for this game for now. :like: for you guys helping me :thumbup: .