PvE Narakalli EM Ranger requirements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PvE Narakalli EM Ranger requirements

Hi There,

I want to help a friend boost his DPS for PvE (Main focus for now is EM Narakalli)
    Most likely the problem originates from inefficient manastone socketing, there for my first question is what exactly is the crit strike barrier for Narakalli, I read some of the other posts about PvE guides on Nara for assasins, and there it was said you need 1400, however I have a couple of friends that say it is 1600 (when using all buffs/ food candy etc), (maybe this is because 1600 is necessary for Normal mode and Hardmode and 1400 is for EM? or is this question class dependant?)

Here you can see his recent runs:
    aionpveranks.com/Character/ARM/index?character=47936

So what are the recommended stats? for a ranger for Narakalli EM (How Much attack / Crit )

Then another key point for him to work on I think is weaving for probably an aditional 10% to 20% dammage.
    His CP management probably needs to change aswell. If he needs only 1400 crit for nara, than that means I can remove all his points on Accuracy and move them to his skills/high deava skills.

Then for his skill rotation you can see it on the pve ranks website, but I think it should be fine?
    I believe he is already mimicking some of the top rangers. (aside from maybe missing a few Weaves)

Does anyone have a video with there stats as a ranger for EM narakalli that I can use as a guide to tweak his dps?
  • Sneakie wrote:

Hi There
    yo hi

Sneakie wrote:

my first question is what exactly is the crit strike barrier for Narakalli
    1400, for every physical class; and as much attack as possible

Sneakie wrote:

His CP management probably needs to change aswell. If he needs only 1400 crit for nara, than that means I can remove all his points on Accuracy and move them to his skills/high deava skills.
    yes. move them to skills like stunning shot, rupture arrow, deadshot and every main skill of the sniper-shot-chain.
    also change the stigma setup to this one

explosive arrow / agonising arrow (however you like it)
    gale arrow
    sharpen arrows (important af)
    arrow deluge
    focused shots
    bow of blessing

Sneakie wrote:

Then for his skill rotation you can see it on the pve ranks website, but I think it should be fine?
    use every skill that does more damage than deadshot on cooldown (except arrow storm). start with 'nukes' like stunning shot, explosive arrow and so on.
    buff focused shots at best after every five to seven skills. never use any nukes without focused shots.
    weave at least two times between focused shots.

that should be it
  • nay wrote:

Sneakie wrote:

Hi There
    yo hi

Sneakie wrote:

my first question is what exactly is the crit strike barrier for Narakalli
    1400, for every physical class; and as much attack as possible

Sneakie wrote:

yes. move them to skills like stunning shot, rupture arrow, deadshot and every main skill of the sniper-shot-chain. also change the stigma setup to this one

explosive arrow / agonising arrow (however you like it)
    gale arrow
    arrow deluge
    focused shots
    bow of blessing

Sneakie wrote:

use every skill that does more damage than deadshot on cooldown (except arrow storm). start with 'nukes' like stunning shot, explosive arrow and so on.buff focused shots at best after every five to seven skills. never use any nukes without focused shots.
    weave at least two times between focused shots.

that should be it
    Thanks alot! :D , this is very good info!
    (Also for me as I currently use 1600 crit as a base on my sin :3)
  • sorry to budge in (not rly a ranger expert), but , what is that mania with deadshot - its ground binding skill with slow animation, this should be a filler in and not a main rotation skill , ranger has enough cds to use besides this
    also i see your friend doesnt weave in spreadshot which is possibly the best weaving skill of the ranger

nay wrote:

weave at least two times between focused shots
    ?(
  • t0re wrote:

sorry to budge in (not rly a ranger expert), but , what is that mania with deadshot - its ground binding skill with slow animation, this should be a filler in and not a main rotation skill , ranger has enough cds to use besides this
    also i see your friend doesnt weave in spreadshot which is possibly the best weaving skill of the ranger

nay wrote:

?(
    he means deadshot-2or more skills-deadshot

Im no ranger player so I have no ide
  • t0re wrote:

nay wrote:

?(
    that's just a basic rule to get an understanding of the weaving frequency. because if you are using focused shots after every 5-7 skills and do not weave at least twice inbetween, you are either willingly spamming too much, or you are just to bad at it (at that point).

what @Talentfreiersorc said is also correct, but it's not what i meant
  • I think he means if you don't weave min. of two skills between every FS while keeping it up 100% of time; you will risk running out of skills to use in your rotation.

edit:

example:

FS + 1 weave (not rec.)
    FS>skill>aac>skill>skill>skill>skill> - rep.

FS + 2 weaves (min. rec)
    FS>skill>aac>skill>aac>skill>skill>skill> - rep.

FS + 3 weaves
    FS>skill>aac>skill>aac>skill>aac>skill>skill> - rep.

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]chel ().

• t0re wrote:

fine coz how i understood it was :

which confused me obviously
    sorry, my english is probably too bad to write detailed instructions. i'll try better next time (if i don't get banned tomorrow)

Desolator wrote:

nay wrote:

can u prove it?

Desolator wrote:

Don't care about feelings
    damn, that's cold

Desolator wrote:

some tests maybe [...] only pure numbers
    i don't have any test values at the moment, but dude... trust me.
    nah seriously, that's 10% base attack on every hit at 100% uptime. you get 20% from bow of blessing at just 33% uptime.
    that makes it pretty obvious in my opinion, since no one is even questioning bow of blessing, which is actually worse in comparison. (yea i know, you are losing a dps-skill while equipping sharpen arrows, but dude... trust me. :crazy: just try it out)
  • nay wrote:

t0re wrote:

fine coz how i understood it was :

which confused me obviously
    sorry, my english is probably too bad to write detailed instructions. i'll try better next time (if i don't get banned tomorrow)

Desolator wrote:

nay wrote:

can u prove it?

Desolator wrote:

Don't care about feelings
    damn, that's cold

Desolator wrote:

some tests maybe [...] only pure numbers
    i don't have any test values at the moment, but dude... trust me.nah seriously, that's 10% base attack on every hit at 100% uptime. you get 20% from bow of blessing at just 33% uptime.
    that makes it pretty obvious in my opinion, since no one is even questioning bow of blessing, which is actually worse in comparison. (yea i know, you are losing a dps-skill while equipping sharpen arrows, but dude... trust me. :crazy: just try it out)
    sharpen arrows is definitly worth it.......... not much to discuss about that
  • okey, DUDE. We have agonizing arrow, explosive arrow and gale arrow. We should kick somthing for sharp arrows. Hm, lets see - gale arrow has low cd and good dmg. No worth to kick. So choice between agonizing arrow and explosive. We will take explosive for discussion and for that we will use pve ranks, top 10 rangers for example (just those dmg)
    14,6k, 17.4k, 18.7k, 13.7k - its dmg from GoK. Some of them still using Raging Wind Arrow
    Lets take 13,7k dmg and middle dmg self 1600k (not +20 full gear, simple player). So its 13.7k every 18 sec (at this moment we will not calculate crit chance). Without chanter, with Bestial Fury + some typical buffs like devotion every 30 sec etc our example has ~2000 dmg (approximately and on average).
    Now U. :nothingtoseehere: :D . Now stigma - 10% of ~2000 = 200 dmg? 38hits *200bonusdmg= 7600? As I am not wrong - that 10% give bonus from dmg weapon and not of total with stones (in real its 80dmg from 800weapon dmg :D ) but anyway.
    Are 7600 dmg more than 13.7k every 18 sec? Or even 12k bonus from percents vs 13,7 lowest dmg what I saw in pve ranks
    And we didnt talk about agonizing arrow ~25k dmg every 24 sec and its stable with very very low scatter. Even deadshot has 300-700 scatter and u just cant see that +200 dmg different cuz of that scatter.

Maybe at 6.x sharp arrows can give something in pve coz 10-50k dmg test with sht gear (test on youtube)

Trust me, DUDE, u talk :nothingtoseehere:

ps: I think sharp arrows use only players who use Strong Shots and still fress odella

The post was edited 3 times, last by Desolator ().

• ok sorry to budge in again but how did u both come up with those random numbers?
    neither sharpen is 10% dmg nor it gives strictly 200 dmg per hit (speakign about your example) there are
    1)crits 2)multiliers 3)movement bonuses , etc etc.

now i dont know about current patch but at 4.x we made some tests with ranger skilsl and besides the gale arrow thats a must the other 2 could be w/e of the heart shot(Raging Wind Arrow),sharpen, explosive and agonizing and the dmg outcome would be almost equal.
    unfortunately i do not posses high level geared ranger myself to do a proper testing

The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

• t0re wrote:

ok sorry to budge in again but how did u both come up with those random numbers?
    neither sharpen is 10% dmg nor it gives strictly 200 dmg per hit (speakign about your example) there are
    1)crits 2)multiliers 3)movement bonuses , etc etc.

now i dont know about current patch but at 4.x we made some tests with ranger skilsl and besides the gale arrow thats a must the other 2 could be w/e of the heart shot(Raging Wind Arrow),sharpen, explosive and agonizing and the dmg outcome would be almost equal.
    omg
    Nobody come up with that numbers. :nothingtoseehere: .

About crits, multiliers, movent bonus no need talk coz in that situation explosive arrow have SAME bonuses. All that small additions just made example far from main conclusion.
    My weapon 649 dmg (middle with enchantet bonus) and ill get ~65 dmg from stigma. Sixty five dmg to replace skill with lowest 13k dmg every 18sec...
    wtf is this. Its remind me Le Comte de Monte-CristoLe Comte de Monte-Cristo.png
  • Desolator wrote:

damn DUDE, that hurts. seems like you were serious about that "don't care about feelings"
    are you possibly Laycee in disguise?

but you are probably right. i'm just a noob and all that time playing ranger and dominating all the other two-handed-weapon classes while being a slight bit behind the best assasins on the server was just a dream. the positive feedback on my how2play guide was most probably an illusion too.
    the fact that using a dps-skill and 'wasting' a shot of focused shots takes some time in fight, while sharpen arrows doesn't, must also be my imagination.

seriosly now. you made me remember the time as someone asked in the world chat if crit cap is 440 or 600; i told him it's 500, so he insulted and blocked me, just because he didn't like the idea. you are acting just like him, which is why i don't see any reason in discussing with you anymore.
    if you think you are smarter, better or even more experienced - so be it. but it won't change the fact that you aren't.

pm me if you change your mind tho. i'm happy to help every open minded person.
  • i love how u calculate the sharpen from minimum possible no crits no pve atk no nothing and then u calculate explosive with everything possible up
    @nay jsut leave him dream ;\
    @Desolator i dont know if u meant it or not but it sounds rude how u wrote that reply to him

edit:
    ok jsut made a tests now which was the following:
    started with explosive arrow as 1st skill (just for the test to see how many hits i will land in the cd)
    tried several times and for the duration of the cooldown of explosive arrow i made between 25 and 34 hits
    now the ranger i made the test on gets +- 57 dmg from the sharpen arrows on NON crit white attack (meanining at the very least the same on skills as well)
    -deadshot (withotut sharpen) with non crit makes between 1600 and 1750 dmg
    -explosive arrow(without sharpen) with non crit makes between 2600 and 2750 dmg (ye had to waste tons of time to get accurate data coz of the stupid cd)
    so using deadshot instead of explosive arrow would mean i'd loose 1000 dmg from that 1 hit(under focused shot for both it was 1200)
    -however lets take the minimum amount of hits i manged to land which was 25x57 =1425 bonus overal
    now bare in mind deadshot has much slower motion than explosive arrow so in theory its taking longer to launch, however as i wrote previously in the thread ranger have enough skills that u'd rarely need to be hitting deadshot in a rotation(and almost all other skills make more damage than deadshot)

same thing u can apply in the case of any of the other skills i also mentioned earlier. => my end conclusion is the same(as b4 few years) using any 2 of the 4 stigmas u'll get same results.
    Twist it as much as u want, it is what it is. Ye ty it was bugging me so i had to waste 30mins to test this one out.
    Scaling with gear shouldnt change the outcome super much i suppose.

Also as i've said in the past i'm pretty bad ranger coz this is the one class that u need an actual real practice and muscle memory with to be good. A really good ranger should perform on average better than me.

The post was edited 13 times, last by t0re ().

• nay wrote:

Desolator wrote:

damn DUDE, that hurts. seems like you were serious about that "don't care about feelings"are you possibly Laycee in disguise?

but you are probably right. i'm just a noob and all that time playing ranger and dominating all the other two-handed-weapon classes while being a slight bit behind the best assasins on the server was just a dream. the positive feedback on my how2play guide was most probably an illusion too.
    the fact that using a dps-skill and 'wasting' a shot of focused shots takes some time in fight, while sharpen arrows doesn't, must also be my imagination.

seriosly now. you made me remember the time as someone asked in the world chat if crit cap is 440 or 600; i told him it's 500, so he insulted and blocked me, just because he didn't like the idea. you are acting just like him, which is why i don't see any reason in discussing with you anymore.
    if you think you are smarter, better or even more experienced - so be it. but it won't change the fact that you aren't.

pm me if you change your mind tho. i'm happy to help every open minded person.
    some ppl saying "i think its good coz i feel it". Thats why I dont care about your feeling as a player and I need only tests, pure numbers, not demagogy. But u start your demagogy about your guide (I dont care) and how u are good in pvp (vs other classes)
    That fact is - dmg from that stigma not worth and thats not hard to calculate.
    U dont see reason for discussing but did u discuss something with me before? I asked u and u told "trust me". In what country that called discussion?
    pm if u change your mind - start with tests and clear evidence without bla bla