Game crashes on start up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game crashes on start up

Hello guys,

First of all let me assure you I wouldnt have posted here if I wasnt completely out of options.

I have Aion installed through the Steam client. Few days ago it simply started crashing at start up. Whenever launched it shows Aion Logo, which disappeares few seconds later not actually launching the game.
      Here are the things I have tried already:

1. Disabled Antivirus & Firewall
      2. Restarted laptop, Steam, Game itself
      3. Reinstalled Aion
      4. Reinstalled Steam
      5. Made sure my graphic codec is up to date
      6. Installed Aion out of Steam

Nothing seems to work though and I am getting anxious as I have just bought Goldpacks. Anybody has a clue what could be going on/could give me a contact at somebody who could?
      I REALLY appreciate any help. I want to continue playing Aion but I seem to be running out of options to fix this ?(

Thank you.
    • Not my business but with steam I had 5-10 sendlogs per week. Without steam - 1-2 per week
      Try start game without steam, use gameforge launcher (or something like that).

Did u lost all free space on hard drive? Example - wrote video and ate all virtual memory space

If I were in your place, my first step is "check disc"

and add your PC info. Windows, drive etc. Game has 2 graphic options - old and new. On old PC u can play with old graphic but with new - game will not start. In that situation need change settings in log file. (SystemOptionGraphics in game folder. Dont know what need write there)
      ps: antivirus and firewall no need to touch. Or only if u have 4GB RAM or less
    • Sophisticated wrote:

Check the event log or event log from windows and paste it here. it will be easy to detect what's causing it to crash should u get the event log
      Název chybující aplikace: aion.bin, verze: 5818.823.622.13184, časové razítko: 0x5b2c5d79
      Název chybujícího modulu: ntdll.dll, verze: 10.0.17134.137, časové razítko: 0xf4df6dc2
      Kód výjimky: 0xc0000374
      Posun chyby: 0x00000000000f4d1b
      ID chybujícího procesu: 0x17f0
      Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d416b038da276f
      Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AION\Client\bin64\aion.bin
      Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      ID zprávy: 588ad28e-e36f-4c67-b458-cbf1aba0d7d8

Hope itll help even though its not in english lol. This is the event log from today which was the last time i tried running Aion.
      It does say theres a module missing of ntdll.dll. Thanks for the help again :(
    • when u start game what u see in Task Manager (process tab) ? Aion process are there?
      Had same problems with other games and when game not start - I killing process in task manager. But had problems when in task manager wasnt game.

Try repair registry with ccleaner. Maybe he find some errors. Try open game with administrative rights, try compatibility with other Windows.

At this moment only two ways
      1. Find the conditions under which the game starts.
      2. Check all PC

The post was edited 1 time, last by Desolator ().

• Ah.. the old ntdll thing...

Few things to try ( this first one will most likely fix it )

1. Run the game under Compatibility mode-windows 8.

2. Use an older driver for ur GPU card.

3. Under Nvidia panel you have an option to tell windows which GPU to use whenever a game starts. Switch it to the inbuilt GPU ( if you have one ).

The first solution should fix it. Reply back
      with results.
    • Sophisticated wrote:

Ah.. the old ntdll thing...

Few things to try ( this first one will most likely fix it )

1. Run the game under Compatibility mode-windows 8.

2. Use an older driver for ur GPU card.

3. Under Nvidia panel you have an option to tell windows which GPU to use whenever a game starts. Switch it to the inbuilt GPU ( if you have one ).

The first solution should fix it. Reply back
      with results.
      Alright the game runs now!! *happyaf*
      Though, im not sure which of the options fixed it as i tried everything alltogether and then ran the game lol.

Things I did:
      1. Ran Ccleaner and fixed registry issues via the program
      2. Changed compatibility to windows 8
      3. Played around with NVIDIA, tried turnin it off and on (no clue what was I doing)

One of the above fixed it but i shouldve tried the compatibility myself before lol. Its just that the steam version doesnt let u do that. So I simply installed a launcher outside steam and changed it there.

Thank you so much everybody <3