Pinned Ideas for a better faction balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ideas for a better faction balance

As explained in Daeva Tavern 2, GF is looking for new and better ways to work on faction balance.
      Please post here if you have any ideas, if they are constructive and useable they will be considered.
      Non-constructive replies will be removed.

BR Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Click wrote:

Free 75 Level instant for outnumbered factions for 1 character per account and in addition a +10 Holy Apollon set + Weapon and some sort of okish accessoires, maybe some greywolf medals and soulstones so people can buy greywolf accs.
      Those items ofc have to be untradeable.
      I would tend to agree. However, faction imbalance should have been an issue in the past years as well and if a similar method (free staff for unpopulated faction) has been used I would advise to check how this unfolded. It might be the case that it only worked temporary or it worked the other way or it ruined the economy of the server.

Learning from experience is essential.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Niv ().

• Niv wrote:

However, faction imbalance should have been an issue in the past years as well and if a similar method (free staff for unpopulated faction) has been used I would advise to check how this unfolded.
      This has been the case and worry for a long time, in fact there is still the "asmodian initiative" - surveys that appear about every 5 level.
      Alas, with the current Scion gear, they are not really that useful anymore
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Sita wrote:

Niv wrote:

However, faction imbalance should have been an issue in the past years as well and if a similar method (free staff for unpopulated faction) has been used I would advise to check how this unfolded.
      This has been the case and worry for a long time, in fact there is still the "asmodian initiative" - surveys that appear about every 5 level.Alas, with the current Scion gear, they are not really that useful anymore
      they haven't been worth it before as well. Just nice to have.
    • what abouth giving extra entry for dungeons to "empty" factions it would be nice also there is the option of increasing the drop rates for them, like %20 wouldn't be bad. i was thinking abouth, extra reward's from sieges and other pvp dungeons has to be given to "less populated" factions. i mean its not the problem of populated faction they hadnt dont anything bad so we cant take something from them nor we can punish them, but giving "extra" rewards to less populated factions should be enough.
    • Wixi wrote:

Create an option Free or Paying in the shop, to transfer all your Elyos characters from one server into Asmodians. This on the servers wich have imbalance for a limited time until its balanced.

Easy.

theoretically yes, but even in KR there was just once a faction change and it was a reward for some winner of an event
      you can bet if it would be easy money, KR would have added that years ago

Click wrote:

Free 75 Level instant for outnumbered factions for 1 character per account and in addition a +10 Holy Apollon set + Weapon and some sort of okish accessoires, maybe some greywolf medals and soulstones so people can buy greywolf accs.
      Those items ofc have to be untradeable.

This sounds good to me - but on which account? if you want it on your main account, and on the same server, what about your other chars?
    • Sita wrote:

Niv wrote:

This has been the case and worry for a long time, in fact there is still the "asmodian initiative" - surveys that appear about every 5 level.Alas, with the current Scion gear, they are not really that useful anymore
      Hi,

I was never aware of that Asmodian initiative, but if the gear provided is worse than Scion, then I can see the reason why it diddnt work.

When you give give something for free or with minimum effort to a faction and the opposing faction doesn't even know/care about it then the initiative is worthless.

Thus, I suggest you provide something that the opposing faction will be jealous of, even if that means that you will get bad feedback for supporting Asmodians. So, it should be something like endgame PvP or PvE gear (I already feel jealous for saying this).

Also, I assume whatever it is you gonna do, it will be after 6.2 is implemented. Don't forget that this is your biggest advantage atm; old players want to give it another shot and new players would like to try it. Considering how easy it is to lvl up, many might start from 0, which means they will go to the character creation page. Make sure that whatever the benefits for Asmodians, they are displayed at that page.

Last but not least, I really miss a nice trailer. Could you possibly create one other than the KR? Whereby, you can show how cool Asmo are (don't show the manes )

This is all just speculation, we cannot solve the problem by knowing so little. E.g. a serve merge with an Asmodian & Elyos-dominating servers could make the problem less significant.
    • Not much help, but it will never be balanced and hasnt been since 2009. If it was that easy, everyone will be balancing their MMOs.

All you can offer is incentives to encourage people to roll onto the weaker faction, and crappy rewards currently on offer just dont make it appealing enough.

Basically, you need to offer:

1) Much faster levelling (both combat level and magic crafting level), because re-rolling is such a time consuming effort. I would say 250% perma exp
      2) Boost the free PVE gear you get as a returnee and offer it from level 1, make it mythic grade so that it is usable right up to level 75 and only bettered by Fallusha gear.
      3) Boost kinah/loot drops permanently until the character is 75.
      4) Give free mount/buff pet/minion from level 1.
      5) Greatly reduced AP and medal cost for buying PVP items.
      6) Perhaps free decorated house /shrug
      7) Boost in number of times can enter an instance if using gold pack, ie. if limit is 3 times per week, double it.
      8) Untradeable consumables, such as serums, flight potions, scrolls on a daily basis
      9) New and exciting character transformation candies specifically for new characters whilst race incentive period is active.
      10) Special designed wings
      11) Character remodel tickets that have multiple uses.
      12) Perma 1 kinah travel cost
      13) No soul sickness
      14) Special PVE and PVP titles that is usable up to level 75 and gives nice stats, ie. 2.5% pvp attack, 1000HP, 5% pvp defence, 3% cast/attack speed, 5% run speed, or 5% pve attack and 10% pve defence and 1500HP, 3% cast/attack speed, 5% run speed, or a title that gives 25% exp boost only.

Can you see, nice incentives, not scion crap or anything like current. Then players will re-roll.
    • Adartaer wrote:

Just block possibility of creating characters of faction which is less.
      Blocking to create characters will not help much in my opinion they must do something to motivate inc players but is too late for that already maybe ppl who left until now they will join on new accounts and i also want to sugest to delete old accounts (unactive for more then a year) with a mail of warning from GF . Also i think advertising this game will help a lot is not too late (maybe).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pericol ().

• wait a second here,are you asking our opinion and ideas to fix this problem? dont you guys have information about server population,why people are stop playing aion? first of all we like to hear what are you guys planing to do about it then we can add something on it :D but first we have to be sure that you guys really work on that problem..
    • Sita wrote:

As explained in Daeva Tavern 2, GF is looking for new and better ways to work on faction balance.
      Please post here if you have any ideas, if they are constructive and useable they will be considered.
      Non-constructive replies will be removed.

BR Sita
      It was funny looking the Daeva's Tavern video and all things regarding "fiding ways for improving faction balance things". Yes it was funny because it's obvious that the current state of faction imbalance is GameForge's fault by allowing faction conflicts, server transfers and etc. After this fault - let's find a solution ... there is no solution. In my modest experience with MMPRPG (16 years) i have never seen a working solution except these two:
      1. Forced WIPE of the servers - this is well known solution of private servers
      2. Forced merge based on faction balance and population and without free server transfers - working on official servers
      But let's keep on the topic - if you want to achieve something - limit faction selection based on faction balance as last step ... first step is try to balance P2W content and bring back as much as you can Aion fans back to the game ...
      P.S. I am currently able to create Elyos in Deyla ... this shouldn't be possible if Game Forge are trying to balance the servers ... :D :D :D
    • Evita wrote:

Wixi wrote:

Create an option Free or Paying in the shop, to transfer all your Elyos characters from one server into Asmodians. This on the servers wich have imbalance for a limited time until its balanced.

Easy.
      theoretically yes, but even in KR there was just once a faction change and it was a reward for some winner of an event
      you can bet if it would be easy money, KR would have added that years ago

And how is gameforge not gonna make money with that option? plus balancing the game.

Regarding incentives, its just crazy what some of you suggest. "PvP/PvE stats increase", "No soul sickness for asmos" etc... that will just kill pvp( like is nowadays), and make people mad.

80% Aion community are old players, 80% of the people that will come in 6.0 are old players. That have already their loved characters with a lot of stuff and memories. I don´t see people deleating their chars and going asmos or creating another account with 0 GP :alol: . "Not allowing the creation of Elyos" is stupid aswell, if your friends are elyos you can´t play with them? If you don´t want to be asmo and game doesn´t let you people would probably unistall.

So basically Faction Transfer is the best solution. Old players are the players aware of the problem, and some of them would like to swap faction. However they are not gonna start from scratch and leave their characters abandoned.
    • Wixi wrote:

Evita wrote:

Wixi wrote:

Easy.
      theoretically yes, but even in KR there was just once a faction change and it was a reward for some winner of an eventyou can bet if it would be easy money, KR would have added that years ago
      And how is gameforge not gonna make money with that option? plus balancing the game.

Regarding incentives, its just crazy what some of you suggest. "PvP/PvE stats increase", "No soul sickness for asmos" etc... that will just kill pvp( like is nowadays), and make people mad.

80% Aion community are old players, 80% of the people that will come in 6.0 are old players. That have already their loved characters with a lot of stuff and memories. I don´t see people deleating their chars and going asmos or creating another account with 0 GP :alol: . "Not allowing the creation of Elyos" is stupid aswell, if your friends are elyos you can´t play with them? If you don´t want to be asmo and game doesn´t let you people would probably unistall.

So basically Faction Transfer is the best solution. Old players are the players aware of the problem, and some of them will like to swap faction. However they are not gonna start from scratch and leave their characters abandoned.
      Transfering ely to asmo side and asmo to ely is not possible because many parts of gear are faction only so is not an option....
    • Wixi wrote:

Evita wrote:

So basically Faction Transfer is the best solution. Old players are the players aware of the problem, and some of them will like to swap faction. However they are not gonna start from scratch and leave their characters abandoned.
      Transfering ely to asmo side and asmo to ely is not possible because many parts of gear are faction only so is not an option....

It is posible since a GM can do it with a simple command, it is posible since it has been made in the past as Evita stated. And it´s posible since those "Ely/Asmo items" can just be changed.

Lol, it´s like saying you can´t merge one server with another one because you will get House conflicts. Coding ftw!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wixi ().