Pinned Ideas for a better faction balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Balancing factions is impossible without the income of new players. The experienced players in aion already know the situation and they won t transfer to dead faction , starting from 0 rank, gear (even if you give them gear it won t make many people reroll). So since we KINDA restart the game in 6.2, just lock character creations on servers which aren t balanced , on a faction that is way more populated so the new players, returning ones join the lower populated faction. Make such servers recommended, Not forever tho, maybe 2-3 weeks or a month. Without the equal number or somewhere close to it , there's no real legit balance, buffs and some free items won t help with the balance as much...
    • Or just merge deyla and antriksha. Almost all Antri-elyos went to deyla... Didnt play the game since last year ...when I logged in last night and checked the rankings - on elyos side people need 20k HP for 4-star officer, asmo side is 160-170k HP. That says a lot. So if these 2 servers are merged they will be balanced ...sort of. No idea how Hellion is....But I dont think we need 3 english servers, specially with that low population
    • Doombolt wrote:

#Suggestions

Firstly, let me tell you what won't work.
      1) restricting character creation
      - we should avoid that which is a negative approach. People don't like to get "restricted".
      2) Symbolic rewards for siding with the underdog faction
      - why would anyone give up on all their current progress for some pointless rewards?! It makes no sense
      - as for new players, they're making the choice that catches their eye in that very moment, and most of them don't even know the value of the potential rewards they might get by making the other choice, assuming rewards were on the table to begin with.
      (btw, the 7 day gold pack joke asmodians had in the past was not funny)
      3) Permanent buffs for the underdog faction
      - obviously, you can only add a passive buff like that in open world pvp, because in arenas, battlegrounds, ecc would ruin everything.
      But , frankly, if the faction has low player base they won't waste time to go to sieges 50 players vs 500 enemies, regardless of the buff.

#SoWhatWillActuallySolveTheIssue

Let's make it simple and spam them with surveys that gives them huge rewards.
      Imagine: the player starts his new character, levels up and gets high end gear, with apes, serums, everything.
      Stuff that before he needed years to grind or thousands of euros to pay for.
      And to put the cherry on top of this cake, make it a limited edition type of thing.
      Let's say if that specific faction is missing 5000 players to be on par with the other faction, make it so that only the first 5000 players can get that sweet deal.
      (Or make a "join the underdog" type of free box in the shop, to instantly get rich). Once per char/account.

Result: Immediate faction balance.

Potential issue: You might give a lot for free. But ask yourself, won't you receive a lot in return as well?
      And I'm not only talking about having the factions balanced.
      I'm taking about making people happy. And if people are happy, they will continue and more will come, as happiness is contageous, just as hate towards Gameforge is.
      ...It takes one little push to turn everything around.

There is no accurate way of seeing the exact or even near the number of the real imbalance. Also, no matter if you are underdog or the overpowered, almost everyone would be mad besides the ones that manage to get this deal... Think about it, you have grinded and honed your gear for years, and this random noob bish just makes his account / char and already catches up on you and gets tons of freebies. I don't care if id be in the underdog faction, i would still be pissed that X' mass of players just instantly catch up for something you worked your a** off to get. The only bright side of this idea is, that gameforge would never implement it thankfully.
    • Alucinor wrote:

There is no accurate way of seeing the exact or even near the number of the real imbalance. Also, no matter if you are underdog or the overpowered, almost everyone would be mad besides the ones that manage to get this deal... Think about it, you have grinded and honed your gear for years, and this random noob bish just makes his account / char and already catches up on you and gets tons of freebies. I don't care if id be in the underdog faction, i would still be pissed that X' mass of players just instantly catch up for something you worked your a** off to get. The only bright side of this idea is, that gameforge would never implement it thankfully.
      Any developer/managing company/whatever title can see how many players a faction has and how many are logged in daily.
      Also, you're telling me people will be mad because a noob can get a shortcut to end game but as long as a faction is severely outnumbered by the opposing one, all of them will never reach the so called "end game" because they will always get stomped/zerged no matter what they do.
      So tell me, what can... uhm, gameforge do to make you happy? :) ...write it here because they will read it.
      Gameforge are excellent readers.

They see it all at all times... they're the... observant type.
      They see all our pain... all our struggle.
      They're like those spirits who are always in the shadows, watching everything but never intervene.
    • Hey @Sita

I genuinely think that advertising Aion at a bigger scale would help "faction imbalance" as we say. Aion is such a great game but the lack of population kills the fun out of it. Promoting new players to join the community would benefit the playerbase and the company at the same time so it's worth investing on Ads. You hardly hear about Aion these days. Most people know WoW, League Of Legends, etc. but Aion is a far better game than those two.
      Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014
      Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015
      Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016
      Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018
      Nergal: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-Present
    • Z|A|C|H wrote:

Hey @Sita

I genuinely think that advertising Aion at a bigger scale would help "faction imbalance" as we say. Aion is such a great game but the lack of population kills the fun out of it. Promoting new players to join the community would benefit the playerbase and the company at the same time so it's worth investing on Ads. You hardly hear about Aion these days. Most people know WoW, League Of Legends, etc. but Aion is a far better game than those two.
      Exactly
    • Galeas wrote:

Wixi wrote:

It is posible since a GM can do it with a simple command, it is posible since it has been made in the past as Evita stated. And it´s posible since those "Ely/Asmo items" can just be changed.

Lol, it´s like saying you can´t merge one server with another one because you will get House conflicts. Coding ftw!
      No, it's not possible since when you do it as a GM it creates a lot of problems. You can do it on a GM char if you don't want to play normally but will never be playable for normal characters. As I said in the video it would also not be supported by NCSoft. So a faction change is currently not an option.

Okey no problem, just generate a free pack (0 coins) on Aion shop (as the already starter pack) 1 time purchasable, no tradable , and only available on the weakest faction containing sets, mounts and all required stuff to "invite" people to change their faction.... :)
    • 1. Remove so called "Veteran Reward" that you keep reseting and ppl keep buying gold packs for getting the rewards. This is pay to win!
      2. Dont provide visible advantages via shop, like items that makes the difference in the game.
      3. Put a limit of how many gold pack you can buy, per credit card or paypall account, account, etc. In this way ppl will not change real money to kina, via gold pack system. GF has just become a "Gold sealer"

What I am saying, be sure you make some good incoming for the game, so we make sure the game will survive from financial aspect but in a meaner that people will not see as a requierment to spend 100- 200 euro a month to actually be able to play this game. Spendig like 10 euro per month for a game I see it ok, but when you are forced to pay more than that so you become better on the game, is just pay to win.

In this way, many good players that quit the game because of this kind of aspects might be back, and a good part of them are asmo!
    • Ironskin wrote:

1. Remove so called "Veteran Reward" that you keep reseting and ppl keep buying gold packs for getting the rewards. This is pay to win!
      2. Dont provide visible advantages via shop, like items that makes the difference in the game.
      3. Put a limit of how many gold pack you can buy, per credit card or paypall account, account, etc. In this way ppl will not change real money to kina, via gold pack system. GF has just become a "Gold sealer"

What I am saying, be sure you make some good incoming for the game, so we make sure the game will survive from financial aspect but in a meaner that people will not see as a requierment to spend 100- 200 euro a month to actually be able to play this game. Spendig like 10 euro per month for a game I see it ok, but when you are forced to pay more than that so you become better on the game, is just pay to win.

In this way, many good players that quit the game because of this kind of aspects might be back, and a good part of them are asmo!
      gold packs are not problem for me i like this system t avoid bot/kinah sellers but i dont like the free items all the time from veteran
    • I got great idea, the essence of it is to stop forcing players to play the way you want them to play. And hmm...make this game less time consuming. But seriously, this thread looks alike as a clumsy try to imitate care for players. Nor NC, nor GF, nor Innova care about nothing except straightforward moneygrab, thus you got what you got: mutilated game and 3 and 1/2 players. 8)
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Or just merge deyla and antriksha. Almost all Antri-elyos went to deyla... Didnt play the game since last year ...when I logged in last night and checked the rankings - on elyos side people need 20k HP for 4-star officer, asmo side is 160-170k HP. That says a lot. So if these 2 servers are merged they will be balanced ...sort of. No idea how Hellion is....But I dont think we need 3 english servers, specially with that low population
      Yeah I agree with that, using the AionInfo site to monitor the player activity, putting a server with ~17% at peak times (Antri) with a server with high 20's at peak times, that should balance it out
    • Gameforge never really cared about balance, Ncsoft had some balancing systems like the 20% pvp buff but Gameforge doesn't care about balancing, because if they did, they would actually implement real incentives to play the other weaker faction.

I never saw a good system from Gameforge for incentive. And I don't mean scrolls and potions. Full 75 AP set, *** it, already enchanted to +15. ( This has so little value now that it's a bad example ). But I mean real incentives that would make someone okay.. I won't make Elyos, I'll come Asmo to get this very OP item that would have taken me 1 month to get.

This has never happened, such an easy fix, nobody cares tho.
    • Doombolt wrote:

With 6.2 changes, having thousands of players on the same map in open world pvp might become problematic.
      Ofc, if the servers can handle it, why not.
      Tried Lakrum in RU servers.
      Seems like the old Katalam with lot of players running around.
      But the map is good and optimized, actually zero problems in group pvp.
      Maps are a little bit more polished and the client is heavily smaller (29 gb actually).