Just Returned - Glad infos !

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just Returned - Glad infos !

Hello guys . I just returned to aion after a long long time . I play since i started as gladiator asmo . So now , i will ask you some questions about the actual version of aion and about some things i just dont know .

1. Can you guys tell me what custom chains you use ? - i dont know if the custom chain will be out or something in 6.x ..
      2. I already saw on youtube , that the actual version of aion is not worth to be played , to just wait for 6.x , i just level the char up , i am bored , that's why i started playing it right now , so please don;t start asking why i play until 6.x ..
      3.Your stigmas . What stigmas set up you use for PvE / PvP ?
      4.What you heard about Glad in 6.x ? it will be nerfed or something ? xD

Thank you ,my friends ! See you in game !

:slove:
    • generally custom chains are bad idea for w/e class with very minor exceptions (i use sorc 4 nukes for pve, AT to combine the 12321 chains for easier bind usage)Sometimes i use custom chain on my glad which is body combo -> sharp strike -> ferocious strike -> cleave (ferocious and sharp places could be also swapped)
      but using this only and only when i am fully standing next to my target and continiously attack it on dual weilding, makes weaving a bit easier, but if movement is involved the custom chain might skip skills from the normal chains coz the chain active time in the custom chains is less than the actual single one, therefore resulting in loss of skills/dmg
      also check the thread erik gave link to

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• oh alright . thx guys , but i have one more question . What is the best ? Use dual wielding (and what is the best weaps to use in dual wielding ) and polearm .. ?! and when to use the polearm and when to use dual wielding ? thx !! Whats the diffrence in polearm vs dw ? more dps ? ( i know that aoe skills are a diffrence ) in pvp dw or polearm ? pve ? xD . THX
    • PvE dual weilding with weaving (dagger main hand, sword offhand) is optimal dmg for single target - bosses/high hp single target
      PvE polearm - mostly for aoe
      However on 6.2 seems polearms would be extremely good for everything but i personally havent tested it so cant say for sure.
      for PvP - its polearms all the way as glad strength is in the high damage, aoes and knockdown which is passive ability of the polearm upon crits
    • Click wrote:

i use custom chain for the knockdown skills cuz usually u spam them all on ur knockdowned target anyways [...]
      this is something you shouldn't do either, since you'd most probably want to choose the suiting skill for every situation.
      like springing slice after cleave -> knockdown, or draining blow on a knocked down brax, a final strike on a geared 20% hp cleric and so on.

i've only been using a custom chain in pve for a month or so after injuring my left hand and came to a conclusion: it's only useful if you are literally retarded
    • nay wrote:

Click wrote:

i use custom chain for the knockdown skills cuz usually u spam them all on ur knockdowned target anyways [...]
      this is something you shouldn't do either, since you'd most probably want to choose the suiting skill for every situation.like springing slice after cleave -> knockdown, or draining blow on a knocked down brax, a final strike on a geared 20% hp cleric and so on.

i've only been using a custom chain in pve for a month or so after injuring my left hand and came to a conclusion: it's only useful if you are literally retarded
      yeah that’s correct, that’s why i have custom chains setup for draining blow and crippling cut on ctrl+2, springing slice and draining + crippling on ctrl+3 and one more with final strike and all other KD skills on ctrl+4 - that saves me 1 free slot on my skillbar so i don’t have to bind all kd skills individually, no need to separate draining blow and crippling cut, you use them together 90% of the times anyway. maybe some classes benefit more from it, idk, gladi for sure doesn’t, it’s for lazy people.
    • For customized skill use I recommend you wait until you make yourself a proper skill rotation (an effective one that is), then make a customized skill that helps performing the task faster.
      Also you can let on the skill bar some of those skills in the chain, for when you might need one to use it spontaneously.

I hope I made myself clear.
      Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
    • I've only ever used one custom chain: springing slice into blade of incitement to cancel the crappy exit animation of spring slice.

However, with any custom skill chain, have all separate skills on individual binds, you can't always rely on the same chain of skills. Gotta be ready for every situation.

Also, they're great for lazy semi-afk PVE.
    • tupacrap wrote:

1. Can you guys tell me what custom chains you use ? - i dont know if the custom chain will be out or something in 6.x ..
      none

t0re wrote:

However on 6.2 seems polearms would be extremely good for everything but i personally havent tested it so cant say for sure.
      If that's the case I might consider quitting that class for good...

Otherwise there isn't much to add though PvP is rather pointless to discuss at this point before the update I guess.

Gladi: 1 2
      Cleric: 1 2
      Temp: 1 2