Possibility of legacy 4.8 servers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well the future isn’t very bright for aion the updates coming really are not what aion once was, it just gets more and more ridiculous and aion has lost its way.
      Runescape had the balls to admit they ruined their game with updates which lost their players so they created a legacy server they have the best of both worlds and 80k players online daily!
      It’s not nessesarily looking back but giving something for everyone, have you seen the amount of private servers running 4.8 with 3-4 of them are extremely busy, that’s around 4-5k+ players! So it’s something to think about.
    • Pokey wrote:

Well the future isn’t very bright for aion the updates coming really are not what aion once was, it just gets more and more ridiculous and aion has lost its way.
      ...and u want the patch back where everything bad started? lol
      Everything after 4.6/4.71 was designed for the shop by NC.
      Sorry for my english =(

The post was edited 1 time, last by iduk ().

• Before the shity signia/vengar map came out and katalam was destroyed the game was realy good in terms of enjoying. Ask few friends that still play what they miss.

Yes it was abit p2w but the difference was not huge as it is now. I for myself know at least 6-10 ppl that woud come back to katalam, because all what came after was a epic fail and disaster.

With proper advising it might be a thing but ofc it will never happen since they didnt earn so much cash as they do now. Sad
    • personally i don't mind playing on any version if they include full chain skills that are introduced in 6.x like u can put 5 skills on 1 button
      and ofcourse new mau form and such stuff are must to have even if it's 4.x version XD the only great thing they introduce in my eyes are that system and newest skills
      cuz if i remember correct in 4.6 chanter have 20000000 auras which is stupid chanter should have all auras up at any time .

about my vision of perfect version id say the patch whit new rentus for mythic gear from 4.+ chaos & kata underground and other stuff whit the above stated the systems macro and newest possible skills from 6.0 idm if it's 65 33 or 80 level max

ill say im not nub cuz all my skills and potions are on different buttons and i use click to move i don't use any click on any skill pots or w/e possible thing in skill bar even on old crappy versions whit 2000 skill icons .
      but for example since i play whit my father from 3.0+ since he is not used to keyboard that well like me he tended to click on skills and hardly see enemy buffs
      to the point ! that new system let him do so ! , so he can be more capable on any content like pve & pvp wise . . . . i bet most players that click on icons can't even lift their head from the icons to see their character or surrounding area enemy or mountain .
    • Galeas wrote:

Many people would tend to disagree with you, especially with 6.0 and what it will bring. But anyway, as I said it's not planned.
      6.2 is great, but Gameforge is bad. The company you work at is towards the p2w spectrum and it's sad most people don't even realize this because they never played a proper fair MMO.

I doubt much will change in 6.2, whales will still have a huge advantages.

The further you go back in patches, the less p2w the game becomes. 2.7 is a great stop, the in 3.* you got feather/accessories and then it went downhill.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

6.2 is great, but Gameforge is bad. The company you work at is towards the p2w spectrum and it's sad most people don't even realize this because they never played a proper fair MMO.

I doubt much will change in 6.2, whales will still have a huge advantages.

The further you go back in patches, the less p2w the game becomes. 2.7 is a great stop, the in 3.* you got feather/accessories and then it went downhill.
      I bet u will complain about GF even if they deliver 6.2 1:1 in the same way KR did...
      Sorry for my english =(
    • I just see the private servers doing well off players who love the 4.8 and as runescape did create a large at server now it’s just as popular with there main stream game along with in game shop for skins
    • If they make 6.2 the same as Aion Korea this will be one of the best patch u will play , if they will bring p2w shop with "lunas" and such mehhhhh we will see.... About 4.8 legacy or master server w.e u name it, at first months yeah that would be active but then would be just another empty server , not every1 likes that version , they love katalam times 4.0 , some ppl like 1.9 version , others 2.7 and 3.9. To please every1 would be hard so 6.2 is kinda a fuse of all those versions.
    • 6.2 or 6.5 isn’t going to bring the players back aion has strayed way to far from what aion should be. Katalams deletion was as I’ve seen and heard the biggest cause of drop of players.
      Everyone had great fun in those maps and how characters have evolved have become too much Korea have let their heads run away with them.

If we had the basic skill changes seen now but the gears enchantment levels pets and all the other rubbish that came
      With deava update gone and 4.7/4.8 would have been perfect.
      Now there’s too much damage done too quickly it takes away any player skill to do pvp.
      Sillus, prades and bas...... always forget that other one were some bloody good fun sieges I remember so so many players at that time nobody afk! Like it has turned into.

Imagine south katalam 55-65
      North katalam 65-75
      Tia eye being 75 only upgraded spawns of level 80 guardians after sieges for new godly weapons and armour. Weapons and gears that can be obtained from Elyos and asmo drop rates depending on faction control %, guardians which drop parts Which need to be combined to create a full version and can be enhanced to suit your play style. There’s so much that could have been done before deleting the maps completely
    • Galeas wrote:

Many people would tend to disagree with you, especially with 6.0 and what it will bring. But anyway, as I said it's not planned.
      To be fair the game took a serious dive in quality for me post 4.5 or so when they decided to destroy much of the game. 5.x was even worse with the eternal grind that killed interest for many people as well. Can give 6.x a chance but tbh I'm not too hopeful at this point, this isn't something that's GF's fault to be fair NC doesn't know what it's doing with this game.

As Pokey stated, deleting Katalam was what turned what I found to be an enjoyable experience into a dumpster fire and killed my interest pretty much. I honestly don't know what will happen down the line but IMO it's the developer's themselves who are at fault as they simply are out of touch with the players and that's why game's go downhill.
    • I’m playing 6.2 atm and I can tell you, it’ll drive us nuts and crazy.
      Everything has to be enchanted +15 (armor, weaps, accs, feather, bracelet) - for different sets you’ll also use different accs, feather and bracelets additionally to the armor and weapon, cuz every single item has 3 manastone slots.
      and on top of that we’ll have different item grades, starting from Ancient to Legendary to Ultimate. And ofc u start from +0 and no manastones socketed after each upgrade.

upgrading 1 set from legendary to ultimate cost me 240million Abyss Points.

and then we didn’t talk yet about new transformations, new daevanion skills, minions, cubics, dot dot dot
    • Click wrote:

I’m playing 6.2 atm and I can tell you, it’ll drive us nuts and crazy.
      Everything has to be enchanted +15 (armor, weaps, accs, feather, bracelet) - for different sets you’ll also use different accs, feather and bracelets additionally to the armor and weapon, cuz every single item has 3 manastone slots.
      and on top of that we’ll have different item grades, starting from Ancient to Legendary to Ultimate. And ofc u start from +0 and no manastones socketed after each upgrade.

upgrading 1 set from legendary to ultimate cost me 240million Abyss Points.

and then we didn’t talk yet about new transformations, new daevanion skills, minions, cubics, dot dot dot

oh nooo, content and something to dooo :( now i cant put 500 twinks afk in luna and get max gear through it like in 5.6
      idk, 5.x was most fun when you could actually level (so level 66 to 71 or so) and things were going on on the maps. i hope that 6.2 will be the same and at least bring a few months of fun, while ppl ACTUALLY play the game and dont just afk 24/7 like now XD so ye, it will be a lot of work, but you ll also have progress again, not unlike now where the game is stale and noone rly does anything cuz they either have max gear or will never reach it.

but b2t, i doubt that 4.8 would be the right version for a legacy patch, since the 4.8 maps suck! 4.6 would be better, but there you have problems with things like pot macro etc...
      so yeah, i think we should not be too much in the past, every version had its issue and one tends to remind the cool stuff, the "good old times" that more often were not even thaaaat good (cuz you tend to ignore / not remember the bad / boring stuff).
      just have to hope that 6.2 / 6.5 will be fun and good enough and that the shop and everything wont be too nyerked. otherwise bye bye aion and hello other games i guess