Weird ping issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weird ping issues

Already contacted the support about it and will do more tests tonight, but want to ask if anyone else experienced something similar ...

I didnt play aion since last year so no idea if patch 5.8 brought any changes re performance, etc (probably not) but I am logging in the last few days, doing some instances and sieges ...The game is ok, my ping is around 30-40 (I live in UK) but every time after 1 hour or so in game my ping goes to 4-5k for 30-40 seconds than back to normal for few seconds and again 4-5k sometimes for over a minute...huge spikes ...Its not disconnecting me, but its impossible to play and my whole pc is not responsive. If I restart the game everything is OK and after an hour same story again. Nothing is running on the background, no downloads, no updates, no nothing.

Anyone had similar experience ?
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Already contacted the support about it and will do more tests tonight, but want to ask if anyone else experienced something similar ...

I didnt play aion since last year so no idea if patch 5.8 brought any changes re performance, etc (probably not) but I am logging in the last few days, doing some instances and sieges ...The game is ok, my ping is around 30-40 (I live in UK) but every time after 1 hour or so in game my ping goes to 4-5k for 30-40 seconds than back to normal for few seconds and again 4-5k sometimes for over a minute...huge spikes ...Its not disconnecting me, but its impossible to play and my whole pc is not responsive. If I restart the game everything is OK and after an hour same story again. Nothing is running on the background, no downloads, no updates, no nothing.

Anyone had similar experience ?
      I have the same problems on my PC (in addition I have IT education).. At first I was thiniking that it is a network problems.. contact to provider and we check all network things (packets, speed, ect.) than I optimize my PC as much as it possible (graph options, scripts as Leatrix). I tried programs for pong reduction but it doesn't help me.. Ping rises to 200-300 for 2-3 sec after fixing and optimising (previously was same as you have).
      Today I noticed i thing - I make TP to Marcutans Arena where no ppl at all and I have ping 45-55.. than I go to Lakrum and there I have 89-114 - wtf?.. Provider, I don't think so.. I think it is problems from GF! a lot of ppl playing in 1 location and ping rises x2 .. I don't even want to tell about crossserver (ashun, Runat) when I have 130-150.. it is unplayble with this ping jumps.. But I suffer for whole 6.2 (btw this problems starts when new patch came) becouse there is no problems from my side and I can't do anything from my side as provider can't..
      It must be done from GF side.. to put better Aion traffic becouse of a lot of players... and 1 more thing - GF always had such problems with connections