FPS drops

• Tech help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello there, I've good FPS in empty places like 45-60 and sometimes it's a bit more, but when I'm in Signia or raids, FPS drops too hard, Signia makes my fps around 20 and the raids 5-15, even with Shift +f12 option on and doesn't make any difference if I lower my graphics or not, temps are fine, and I can't find where the problem is ... I can even run GTA V medium-high on 40-60+ without any problems,
      my pc specs:
      CPU: AMD phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz
      GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB
      Ram: 6GB (4GB + 2GB) 1333 MHz
      Tried updating the driver to the latest version, the problem is still there, what could be the problem? :/
    • Desolator wrote:

Rayan wrote:

and doesn't make any difference if I lower my graphics or not
      thats cant beGraphic engine - default or hight quality
      Main option - shader quality
      Next - texture detail
      next - range
      next - shadows
      That's why I feel something is wrong, but I can't find it out
      Graphic engine > default
      shader quality on highest
      texture detail depends, if raid I make it on lowest (as if it's gonna make a difference)
      range is always on max
      shadows on lowest
    • I posted but it needs to be approved by a moderator >_>
      edit: I said on the previous reply "I don't use any tool xD, I've just added it to the windows defender, the FPS is still the same, tried going to Signia, 21-35 FPS, when making everything on lowest, 24-37 FPS"
    • CPU: AMD phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz

this is your problem.
      you can have 32 cores in ur cpu but as long as you have only 2.8ghz per core aion will not run fluently (aion will never run fluent anyways cuz of crappy cryengine it’s built on).
      Also i’m not sure if your radeon really has only 1 GB of ram. this is a problem aswell.

For reference, i run aion on a overclocked i7 6700k and my FPS in Esterra never reaches 60+ and in sieges it’s always around 30ish
    • Your grapgics card cant handle. also your cpu is very bad.

i got 12 core cpu with 1080ti and uses 50% of cpu when running aion.

Aion is based on crytek engine with is very cpu/graphics intense.

other games based on crytek engine is crysis series.

Aion is based on a old version of crytek engine, latest version is 3.0.
      if aion would go for new version the optimition for aion would be better.
      but going to new engine would need make aion from scratch and then better called it aion 2 :>
    • netforce wrote:

Your grapgics card cant handle. also your cpu is very bad.

i got 12 core cpu with 1080ti and uses 50% of cpu when running aion.

Aion is based on crytek engine with is very cpu/graphics intense.

other games based on crytek engine is crysis series.

Aion is based on a old version of crytek engine, latest version is 3.0.
      if aion would go for new version the optimition for aion would be better.
      but going to new engine would need make aion from scratch and then better called it aion 2 :>
      My client never used more than 50% of my CPU, it's just about 20-30% and even lower, sometimes.

Click wrote:

this is your problem.
      you can have 32 cores in ur cpu but as long as you have only 2.8ghz per core aion will not run fluently (aion will never run fluent anyways cuz of crappy cryengine it’s built on).
      Also i’m not sure if your radeon really has only 1 GB of ram. this is a problem aswell.

For reference, i run aion on a overclocked i7 6700k and my FPS in Esterra never reaches 60+ and in sieges it’s always around 30ish
      But people on other posts in google has lower cards and said their cards were more than enough.
    • Click wrote:

i had the Radeon HD7790 in the past, it was horrible. after upgrading to Nvidia 1070 gtx it was a new game for me
      Alright, what If I upgrade to an Intel Core I5 3470 and maybe a GTX 750Ti? (picked those according to the price in my country)
    • Rayan wrote:

Click wrote:

i had the Radeon HD7790 in the past, it was horrible. after upgrading to Nvidia 1070 gtx it was a new game for me
      Alright, what If I upgrade to an Intel Core I5 3470 and maybe a GTX 750Ti? (picked those according to the price in my country)
      Pretty sure you have to change your motherboard too. It will be too costly upgrade for a game like aion and with that cpu and video not sure if there will be much difference tbh ...
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Rayan wrote:

Click wrote:

Pretty sure you have to change your motherboard too. It will be too costly upgrade for a game like aion and with that cpu and video not sure if there will be much difference tbh ...
      Yeah, I'd change the motherboard of course, but why wouldn't it be much difference? GTX 750Ti can run recent games well I think, but not sure about the CPU that's why I'm asking, Someone told me he has Core I5 3470 and gtx 550ti and he can run aion on high with no problems, he could even record and his FPS was constantly at 27 in raid, So I think 750ti should do even better?
    • Click wrote:

this is your problem.

You're right. I didn't checked the CPU/GPU since I'm not familar with AMD/ATI in general. The CPU will be the biggest bottleneck in this case, also the GPU is kinda slow.

Rayan wrote:

Yeah, I'd change the motherboard of course, but why wouldn't it be much difference? GTX 750Ti can run recent games well I think, but not sure about the CPU that's why I'm asking, Someone told me he has Core I5 3470 and gtx 550ti and he can run aion on high with no problems, he could even record and his FPS was constantly at 27 in raid, So I think 750ti should do even better?
      It will be better, but even with top tier components you will not see AION running smoothly. The most important for AION is the CPU then the GPU. The selected CPU should be able handle AION.

With a i7 8700k OC 5GHz and a GTX 970 i get usually around ~60 FPS in Esterra, in other places 100-120. I didn't participated much at sieges since I have my new setup, but it was around 40 +/- .

The result: AIONs engin is sh*t on, even current/new hardware.
      Sorry for my english =(
    • iduk wrote:

Click wrote:

this is your problem.

You're right. I didn't checked the CPU/GPU since I'm not familar with AMD/ATI in general. The CPU will be the biggest bottleneck in this case, also the GPU is kinda slow.

Rayan wrote:

It will be better, but even with top tier components you will not see AION running smoothly. The most important for AION is the CPU then the GPU. The selected CPU should be able handle AION.

With a i7 8700k OC 5GHz and a GTX 970 i get usually around ~60 FPS in Esterra, in other places 100-120. I didn't participated much at sieges since I have my new setup, but it was around 40 +/- .

The result: AIONs engin is sh*t on, even current/new hardware.
      So how the FPS shall be with that I5 3470 with the GTX 750Ti? stable or I'd get FPS drops like I'm getting atm to 5-15 specially in raids?
    • With medium graphics you should go above 60 fps in low populated places.
      In main town 20-30 fps (like everyone).
      The gpu is reasonable for aion. The cpu is average or below average.
    • Doombolt wrote:

With medium graphics you should go above 60 fps in low populated places.
      In main town 20-30 fps (like everyone).
      The gpu is reasonable for aion. The cpu is average or below average.
      So which CPU should I get? (of the same price range of the I5 3470)