Old player returns with concerns

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Old player returns with concerns

      Me and my friend starten playing aion in 2011 and had a lots of fun, But we Quit playing in 2014 to try out some other games.

      Now we decided to give it a try again due to lack of a descent mmo’s out there.
      But...
      I’ve read a couple of forum threads that gives us a hint that aion 6.0 will not be p2w?
      I cant get a good answer.
      So...
      Should me and my friend give it one more chance or can we move on with our lives and leave this (What use to be the best mmo i’ve played) behind?

      <3 <3 <3
    • Nobody knows how p2w 6.2 will be in EU.

      My best bet is, that it won’t be much different to the current patch, which heavily shop dependent...

      Also by reading in other topics, admin of powerbook wrote, that only bots are left on the Korean server, so i guess the whole 6.x idea wasn’t really successful and kicked out the last aion fans.
    • I'm a bit confused what do you want from the game. You're looking forward to aion being more p2w than it currently is? If so you're in luck, 6.x will bring with it new currency system quna, not sure if it would be very useful though at this point.

      Right now it's heavily leaned towards players who're willing to spend money on the game. There's enchantable gear over +20, enchantable gold feathers, bracelets, accessories - which makes pvp look like clusterfuck (from 'new' player's perspective). There was a chanter who beat me in one second, literally, I've even used that shield thing which blocks damage. Didn't help a whack. :D

      Anyway, 6.x would rework the game a lot and it'll be easier to level up, to even get gear(hopefully) and enchant it. It'll have limit to only +15 from then onwards. To not feel frustrated I think you might want to try out the game after it's gone through the expansion update which is sometime in sept/oct.
    • Gearing up in 6.x will be worse than now.

      1) Ancient -> Legendary -> Ultimate steps to upgrade u gear from crap (ancient) to endgame (ultimate). Each step you have to make everything +15 and after upgrading u start from +0. Worth to mention here that manastones will also disappear in upgrade process. Materials to upgrade - i got some in siege. Enchantment stones to +++ - good luck, the “good stones” (ultimate enchantment stones) seem to be shop/event only. The semi good ones (legendary) you get from instances and ofc shop/events.
      Adding here that Accessoires, Bracelet, Feather and Wings also fall in the upgrade process ancient ->legendary->ultimate and they also have an enchant limit of +15 AND manastone slots.

      2) New transformations as scroll replacement and stat increasement due to the lack of run/attack/cast speed on armor and weapon are shop only

      3) we won’t get Quna, they’ll use our current currency Luna. You can check shop now already, how expensive that is.

      4) Stigmas are still enchantable and max bonuses with +10. On testserver i’ve spent over 600! Stigma enchantment stones to get 1 set (6stigmas) +10. On EU you can get 1 Stigma Enchantment stone for round about 150 million Kinah, do the maths. :thumbdown:
    • Pro tip - Don't.

      Time has gone for this game. 6.x won't change much in terms of balance or P2W. Instead of abomination system called "Enchantment" of 5.x, there will be random secondary stats, and I don't mean random like we had with Runadium/RST gear, I mean totally random like getting mboost/heal boost on plate/leather and vise versa, so you would have to sell your soul to the devil to have enough money and luck to reroll for stats that you actually want. Not to mention that instead of buying gear from the merch and instantly using it, now you would only be able to buy low tier gear (There will be 3 tiers of gear in 6.x) and then having to +15 it to bless into tier 2, and then getting tier 2 to +15 and then blessing it into top tier 3 to use it, oh and you have to enchant tier 3 as well.

      And then there is other things that will infest the game with P2W. Minions, Kaisinel Transform. Even normal transform candies will be P2W.

      There won't be any fair PvP as there was before pre 4.5 times.
    • Click wrote:

      Nobody knows how p2w 6.2 will be in EU.

      My best bet is, that it won’t be much different to the current patch, which heavily shop dependent...

      Also by reading in other topics, admin of powerbook wrote, that only bots are left on the Korean server, so i guess the whole 6.x idea wasn’t really successful and kicked out the last aion fans.
      Well people seem to be blind about 6.2 wont change many things, even make some worse..
    • aion 6.2 is fine in korea and Nobody knows how p2w 6.2 will be in EU! if y want everything free to be happy we will not have it because is f2p... if y ask me what is good change to me back to p2p 13 euro / month and active staff
    • Click wrote:

      Gearing up in 6.x will be worse than now.
      now is worse than 6.x btw. now everyone can get endgear without doing anything. in 6.x you have to PLAY for your gear. there will be only a few people that will get ultimate gear. and thats fine. because those ppl deserves it ... not like now everyone is gearing fallusha without having seen the instance once. :P

      ppl complaing about dead server but keeping ppl from away game/server .. cool. :atongue:
    • Snueffel wrote:

      Click wrote:

      Gearing up in 6.x will be worse than now.
      now is worse than 6.x btw. now everyone can get endgear without doing anything. in 6.x you have to PLAY for your gear. there will be only a few people that will get ultimate gear. and thats fine. because those ppl deserves it ... not like now everyone is gearing fallusha without having seen the instance once. :P
      ppl complaing about dead server but keeping ppl from away game/server .. cool. :atongue:
      These are ancient players who are afraid they'll lose everything they got. Understanding so, that's why I think a new server with 6.2 would be a good idea.
    • c00kie wrote:

      Snueffel wrote:

      Click wrote:

      Gearing up in 6.x will be worse than now.
      now is worse than 6.x btw. now everyone can get endgear without doing anything. in 6.x you have to PLAY for your gear. there will be only a few people that will get ultimate gear. and thats fine. because those ppl deserves it ... not like now everyone is gearing fallusha without having seen the instance once. :P ppl complaing about dead server but keeping ppl from away game/server .. cool. :atongue:
      These are ancient players who are afraid they'll lose everything they got. Understanding so, that's why I think a new server with 6.2 would be a good idea.
      To split what’s left of the population even more? good idea