Pinned Request Fix (legion emblem)

• Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Request Fix (legion emblem)

So I redownloaded (and reinstalled Aion) on a different directory in my pc. When I logged in, all the legion emblems from all the legions are bugged.

I mean, I can't see them. Only the standard default ones.

Same thing for legion horse, emblem on forts, etc.

Any fix?
  • cristalkr wrote:

Let me guess. You installed aion on C and didn't disable UAC and now the game can't create new files like emblems?

I have UAC disabled for years now and I didn't change any Windows setting when I uninstalled Aion and reinstalled.

It was to same directory ( c: ) but on different path.

A legion member of mine has the same problem. She reinstalled the game and now has a problem with the emblems.
  • Had same issue as you aswell as other people in my legion.

UACC disabling is plain wrong.
    A fixed installer would be better :-)

But to stay on topic.
    There are different ways on solving this issue.

1) reinstall and before starting game do this:

Go to the C:\ Drive open -> "program files" or "Program files (x86)" depending on 32 or 64 bit version of window$.

You will see the Gameforge folder. Right click it and choose properties.
    Then in the properties window you select the tab "Security"

In that tab you will see "Group or user names" select Users (pcname\Users) .
    Below you will see that modify and full control has not been checked.
    Check them under Allow.

example:

Click apply

Then in that window you also see the button Advanced.
    Click that button.

a window spawns called "Advanced Security Settings for Gameforge"

Go to the tab Owner.

There click on the button "Edit"
    again a window spawns called "Advanced Security Settings for Gameforge"

In this window select your userID/username that you use on that Computer
    Check the checkbox "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" (it is unchecked in the screenshot)

Then press Apply and ok.

you will see a new process box processing the owner rights of the files and folders .

close these windows now .
    You can start the game now.

2)Do not reinstall the game option:
    Go to the C:\ Drive open -> "program files" or "Program files (x86)" depending on 32 or 64 bit version of window$.

You will see the Gameforge folder. Right click it and choose properties.
    Then in the properties window you select the tab "Security"

In that tab you will see "Group or user names" select Users (pcname\Users) .
    Below you will see that modify and full control has not been checked.
    Check them under Allow.

example:

Click apply

Then in that window you also see the button Advanced.
    Click that button.

a window spawns called "Advanced Security Settings for Gameforge"

Go to the tab Owner.

There click on the button "Edit"
    again a window spawns called "Advanced Security Settings for Gameforge"

In this window select your userID/username that you use on that Computer
    Check the checkbox "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" (it is unchecked in the screenshot)

Then press Apply and ok.

you will see a new process box processing the owner rights of the files and folders .

close these windows now .

Now ask a legion member (that does not have the legion emblem issue) to zip this folder described below and upload it somewhere .
    (Telemachus is about 700-800 MB)

32bit windows folder
    C:\Program Files\GameforgeLive\Games\GBR_eng\AION\Download\Textures\guildemblem

64bit windows folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GameforgeLive\Games\GBR_eng\AION\Download\Textures\guildemblem

Delete everything in that folder and put the files from the zipped content in there
    Start the game again

This should have helped you with bringing back the Legion emblem.

ps 1 : Legion emblems will be downloaded after the delete while you game if you dont get a zip file.But its SLOW so get that ZIP file for "insta fix"
    ps 2 : Changing these rights on the folder also solves some issue's with Rainmeter (issues accessing the chatlog file)

Some mod on this forum change the post and make it a sticky please :love:
    Many people have this issue in my legion. so its not a single case issue. :censored:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Orgasmica ().

• Thanks for the reply and help!

Gonna try it out

EDIT:

Didn't work out :S

I ran game through launcher (after I changed those settings and deleted all the files in the emblem folder) and it didn't even download anything new.

The launcher just blasted through and launched the game

The post was edited 1 time, last by [NICK]chikcen ().

• [NICK]chikcen wrote:

I ran game through launcher (after I changed those settings and deleted all the files in the emblem folder) and it didn't even download anything new.

indeed its not downloading like a patch.
    If deleted all files in
    32bit windows folder

64bit windows folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GameforgeLive\Games\GBR_eng\AION\Download\Textures\guildemblem

you watch the directory close when you play the game.
    It is getting the files one by one. and as the PS stated get a zip file from a legion member that has it working correctly to get the insta fix.
  • tr

Orgasmica wrote:

Orgasmica wrote:

[NICK]chikcen wrote:

indeed its not downloading like a patch.
    If deleted all files in
    32bit windows folder

64bit windows folder

you watch the directory close when you play the game.
    It is getting the files one by one. and as the PS stated get a zip file from a legion member that has it working correctly to get the insta fix.

Thanks for the answer. I asked a legion member already. will update with news

EDIT: FIXED! THANKS. I had a legion member upload his folder and now everything is fine.

Just tell me this: do I have to change anything for the launcher to download the next updates?

Btw: this is PERENTO server legion emblem folder: firedrive.com/file/9F75D291D3D43044

EDIT 2: PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]chikcen ().

• [NICK]chikcen wrote:

EDIT: FIXED! THANKS.

8) Glad to hear this fixed your issue.

Well, these are not updates like game updates.
    Game updates are before launching the game.

These "downloads" of images happen while playing the game.
    Triggers to start downloading are still unknown to me.
    But with changing the rights on the folder now you will get the newer ones without any problem

I also asked for a sticky but i'm afraid that this is one of these post you will end up googling 45 minutes before you find it :whistling:
  • Orgasmica wrote:

[NICK]chikcen wrote:

EDIT: FIXED! THANKS.

8) Glad to hear this fixed your issue.

Well, these are not updates like game updates.
    Game updates are before launching the game.

These "downloads" of images happen while playing the game.
    Triggers to start downloading are still unknown to me.
    But with changing the rights on the folder now you will get the newer ones without any problem

I also asked for a sticky but i'm afraid that this is one of these post you will end up googling 45 minutes before you find it :whistling:

Sent a ticket to support explaining my problem and asking to sticky this.
    Hopefully it will work