Korean/Japense Voice/pack

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Korean/Japense Voice/pack

      Hey
      I wanted to ask if Japanse/Koreans voice pack is illegal or legal on Aion EU? Since I wanted to start making some videos on YT bout Aion with KR voice.pack since it sounds better for me, when I play with KR voice.pack I feel like Im Asian irl.
    • Wassermelone wrote:

      dont worry GF would rather ban you for changing the voice pack, which does nothing to the game, than banning actual cheaters in game. making videos isnt probaly the best idea
      Since I saw many ppl from EU is making videos on YT with KR/Japaense voice packs and they are still not banned, that's why I wanted to hear what the GF says.
    • It used to be tolerated, but now it's not tolerated anymore.
      on forum fr say that
      board.fr.aion.gameforge.com/in…?postID=308192#post308192

      translation

      As you know, the T&Cs are specific on this point:


      3.3
      Using client software


      Gameforge grants the user a non-exclusive (simple) right, limited to the duration of the user agreement, for offers whose use requires the prior installation of client software, allowing the installation and use of client software. Reproduction of the client software by the user will only be authorized insofar as the contractually compliant use of the software requires it. Any form of commercial use of the software is prohibited. A modification of the client software, a conversion of the codes delivered from the program into other forms of code (decompilation), as well as any other form of reconstitution of the various stages of software manufacture (reverse engineering) are prohibited insofar as they are not necessary to obtain the required information allowing interoperability between the client software and the other programs, where interoperability cannot be achieved in any other way, in particular by Gameforge, where the corresponding data are exclusively intended to create interoperability and where these actions can only be performed by the user himself.


      4.2
      The user is prohibited from carrying out any form of intervention for the purpose of manipulating the online game. In particular, the user is not authorised to take measures, use mechanisms or software likely to disrupt the functioning and progress of the game. The user must refrain from taking measures that could lead to an unreasonable and excessive burden of technical capacities. The user is prohibited from blocking, overwriting or modifying any content created by Gameforge, or interfering in any way with the game that disrupts its progress.


      A player will not be magically banned overnight for customer modification. A player will always be warned by the game support that he does not comply with the TOU if, for example, he has modified the game client to install a voice pack.


      Even if fuzziness and tolerance were the norm for a long time on the European version at the forum level, this is no longer the case, because there is a very simple truth that must be applied by Gameforge: the respect of license rights.


      We cannot allow players to use voice packs linked to versions for which Gameforge has no rights. A voice, font, etc. package is linked to rights between the publisher and the developer of its market.
      twitch.tv/xanoaaion
      facebook.com/xanoa.aion.3
      identifiant discord:Xanoa#1061
    • Hakurin wrote:

      Gotta love GF management, still giving such info in one forum reply, but not translating and giving the same info to all communities they manage. Very Nice.
      T&C are available in all languages: agbserver.gameforge.com/enGB-Terms-2014-Aion.html

      3.3 Use of client software
      ‪Gameforge‬ grants the user, in relation to services which require the prior installation of client software to enable their use, the non-exclusive (ordinary) right, limited to the duration of the licence agreement, to install and use the client software. The user is only permitted to reproduce the client software insofar as this is necessary for the contractually compliant use of the software. All forms of commercial use of the software are prohibited. Any modification of the client software or the retranslation of the supplied program code into other code forms (decompilation) as well as any other forms of reverse engineering of the various software production phases are prohibited to the extent these are not required to obtain the information necessary to establish interoperability of the client software with other programs, and if the establishment of interoperability cannot be otherwise demanded particularly from ‪Gameforge‬ and the relevant data is not used for any purpose other than establishing interoperability and these actions are performed by the user only.
      4.2
      The user is prohibited from manipulating the online game in any way. The user is not entitled, in particular, to employ any measures, mechanisms or software that could interfere with the functionality or the course of the game. The user is prohibited from any actions which could result in an unreasonable or excessive load on the technical capacities. The user is not permitted to block, overwrite or modify the content generated by ‪Gameforge‬ or to otherwise interfere with the online game.

      ~ Sparx ~
    • Sparx wrote:

      Hakurin wrote:

      Gotta love GF management, still giving such info in one forum reply, but not translating and giving the same info to all communities they manage. Very Nice.
      T&C are available in all languages: agbserver.gameforge.com/enGB-Terms-2014-Aion.html
      3.3 Use of client software
      ‪Gameforge‬ grants the user, in relation to services which require the prior installation of client software to enable their use, the non-exclusive (ordinary) right, limited to the duration of the licence agreement, to install and use the client software. The user is only permitted to reproduce the client software insofar as this is necessary for the contractually compliant use of the software. All forms of commercial use of the software are prohibited. Any modification of the client software or the retranslation of the supplied program code into other code forms (decompilation) as well as any other forms of reverse engineering of the various software production phases are prohibited to the extent these are not required to obtain the information necessary to establish interoperability of the client software with other programs, and if the establishment of interoperability cannot be otherwise demanded particularly from ‪Gameforge‬ and the relevant data is not used for any purpose other than establishing interoperability and these actions are performed by the user only.
      4.2
      The user is prohibited from manipulating the online game in any way. The user is not entitled, in particular, to employ any measures, mechanisms or software that could interfere with the functionality or the course of the game. The user is prohibited from any actions which could result in an unreasonable or excessive load on the technical capacities. The user is not permitted to block, overwrite or modify the content generated by ‪Gameforge‬ or to otherwise interfere with the online game.
      ~ Sparx ~
      i think what hakurin means it would be nice to notify the forum of each nationality when there is a change in the T&C

      because if I'm not wrong for a while the voice pack was allowed
      twitch.tv/xanoaaion
      facebook.com/xanoa.aion.3
      identifiant discord:Xanoa#1061
    • Xanoa wrote:

      because if I'm not wrong for a while the voice pack was allowed
      Modifiying the client was never allowed, because Gameforge can not support modified clients. Everyone who edit/replace files do it on his own risks, but no GM will hunt players for using language packs, they will just get limited/no support. It's more or less tolerated.

      That was my last information I got, but I will ask again.

      ~ Sparx ~
    • Sparx wrote:

      Xanoa wrote:

      because if I'm not wrong for a while the voice pack was allowed
      Modifiying the client was never allowed, because Gameforge can not support modified clients. Everyone who edit/replace files do it on his own risks, but no GM will hunt players for using language packs, they will just get limited/no support. It's more or less tolerated.
      That was my last information I got, but I will ask again.

      ~ Sparx ~
      well on forum fr it was allowed for a while there were even tutorials on how to change voice pack
      there are even people who are still not aware that .bat has not been allowed for a while
      twitch.tv/xanoaaion
      facebook.com/xanoa.aion.3
      identifiant discord:Xanoa#1061
    • Sparx wrote:

      Xanoa wrote:

      because if I'm not wrong for a while the voice pack was allowed
      Modifiying the client was never allowed, because Gameforge can not support modified clients. Everyone who edit/replace files do it on his own risks, but no GM will hunt players for using language packs, they will just get limited/no support. It's more or less tolerated.
      That was my last information I got, but I will ask again.

      ~ Sparx ~
      you managed to contradict yourself in a matter of two posts by first posting ToS and then saying this
    • All client modifications have always been against the ToS but GF kept contradicting it by saying certain modifications are tolerated but since legally speaking, if one rule can be broken, all of them can, they now tell you exactly what the ToS says but that doesn't mean they take any action when it comes to trivial stuff like voice packs.
    • Nuke wrote:

      you managed to contradict yourself in a matter of two posts by first posting ToS and then saying this
      Allow and tolerate are different in its meaning. As I said, the T&C clearly say it is not allowed because GF simply can not allowed such stuff. They tolerate some stuff but no support will be given and GF is not responsible to any potentional damage. For a definite answer if someting is allowed/tolerated or forbidden you should contact the support.

      ~ Sparx ~
    • Sparx wrote:

      Nuke wrote:

      you managed to contradict yourself in a matter of two posts by first posting ToS and then saying this
      Allow and tolerate are different in its meaning. As I said, the T&C clearly say it is not allowed because GF simply can not allowed such stuff. They tolerate some stuff but no support will be given and GF is not responsible to any potentional damage. For a definite answer if someting is allowed/tolerated or forbidden you should contact the support.
      ~ Sparx ~
      sorry I meant tolerate
      mea culpa
      twitch.tv/xanoaaion
      facebook.com/xanoa.aion.3
      identifiant discord:Xanoa#1061
    • @Sparx what I meant was that this is not the first time important information from GF has been dropped off-handedly in a comment in a forum thread and then not shared in other languages or on other platforms (or even brought to attention in the same forum, players have to share/translate themselves).
      Communication is one of the things GF has consistently been very bad at, so it's not surprising, but it is very sad that it's been like this more or less since GF took over the game from NCS.