Gameforge Contacted me for 6.2 UPDATE

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • But you should aim for the new players, the game is good enough and its the only decent mmorpg at the moment, for people who dont like the western ones. Contacting youtubers with lots of subscribers, even if they are not very familiar with aion (most of the mmorpg content creators played the game and know what Aion is) will boost the population. And if the game is fair enough for not paying players they will stay. There is a "hunger" for a decent game. People hoped Bless will be the one, but it failed. But still, it reached 34k+ people in his first days and for a buy to play eastern mmo thats a lot. Imagine even half of these people to try Aion. As @[NICK]n00b suggested reddit AMA might help a lot too
    • @Lyah looking forward to seeing that :D
      @Galeas if I understood you right, we all can go on the PTS before 6.2 hits?

      @negative People: are you so frigging bored that you have nothing better to do than derail a fellow players thread? jesus with this comm - even if GF would do everything right - people would just run away thanks to your negativity
    • Happy wrote:

      To be fair, I don't think anybody really cares about Aion 6.2 content. There is plenty already.
      Anything that the youtubers showcase might be overshadowed by the business model.
      I think if you want to make a good advertisement you will have to be a bit more transparent about how the business model will function.
      Otherwise the whole advertising while not being transparent just smells of short term profit goals.
      And old players knew out of experience and new players knew it out of reviews, that the business model was a big turnoff.

      My opinion is biased, because I am an old player. That might be a returnee in 6.2. But this all depends on how the business model is. The majority of my friends that left the game think the same way, and I'm sure that a lot of other old players also think the same way. So my biased opinion might be also objective depending on how many old players think the same way as I do.
      Well, even putting opinion aside, when it comes to marketing the majority of people first want to know how much does your product cost, and then what are the details of the product. As Aion is a free-to-play game the majority of the players are probably not a sheikh. So all that matters for them will be the product "price".
      Oh, I disagree for the most part.
      When we talk sales, product price ain't the only deciding factor.
      A logical reasoning will balance quality or quantity versus price, then makes an assessment and decide its worth.
      But since we're humans and we get driven by emotion most of the times, if a product is being sold to us in an effective manner, the chances to buy it grow exponentially.
      If the salesman manages to wake in a client his need to buy the product, then the client will most likely buy it.

      Now, I'm confident if GF's marketing skills... or, better say direction, but as long as they at least try to make it worthwhile and don't mess it up too much, then 6.2 will be a great patch.
      I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    • It would be nice if we get pts server 1 month bevore the live servers get it ( think its to late allready) so we really can explore the full new game content some people from europe allready play it on korean server video's are on Youtube

      I hope gameforge will be really soon with this 3E Tavern episode to update us all otherwise people can simply go play it on korea now and have advantage above most players allready.
    • I think if you want to make a good advertisement you will have to be a bit more transparent about how the business model will function.

      actually i think this is really the thing u should make video for :
      willing to suggest example

      player "A" do daily runa / dredg / flag thingy , all daily pvp camps and camp quests + that solo instance whit witch and garden for how long he can obtain the latest pvp gear ?

      player "B" wait 2 months and out of no where pop up event that can make him the best whit paypal ( personally i don't mind that but if u leave the players that don't pay but play w/o chance to win . . . u got the answer already i think )

      or just make aion coins trade-able on broker so we can just don't use kina in game for anything else than aion coins xD and pray to event gods xD
    • Doombolt wrote:

      Happy wrote:

      To be fair, I don't think anybody really cares about Aion 6.2 content. There is plenty already.
      Anything that the youtubers showcase might be overshadowed by the business model.
      I think if you want to make a good advertisement you will have to be a bit more transparent about how the business model will function.
      Otherwise the whole advertising while not being transparent just smells of short term profit goals.
      And old players knew out of experience and new players knew it out of reviews, that the business model was a big turnoff.

      My opinion is biased, because I am an old player. That might be a returnee in 6.2. But this all depends on how the business model is. The majority of my friends that left the game think the same way, and I'm sure that a lot of other old players also think the same way. So my biased opinion might be also objective depending on how many old players think the same way as I do.
      Well, even putting opinion aside, when it comes to marketing the majority of people first want to know how much does your product cost, and then what are the details of the product. As Aion is a free-to-play game the majority of the players are probably not a sheikh. So all that matters for them will be the product "price".
      Oh, I disagree for the most part.When we talk sales, product price ain't the only deciding factor.
      A logical reasoning will balance quality or quantity versus price, then makes an assessment and decide its worth.
      But since we're humans and we get driven by emotion most of the times, if a product is being sold to us in an effective manner, the chances to buy it grow exponentially.
      If the salesman manages to wake in a client his need to buy the product, then the client will most likely buy it.

      Now, I'm confident if GF's marketing skills... or, better say direction, but as long as they at least try to make it worthwhile and don't mess it up too much, then 6.2 will be a great patch.
      The client can't buy the product if he can't afford it.
      That's why I even mentioned price before details to begin with.

      For a free-to-play player the "price" is valued as time.
      If their model is going to make the free-to-play players progress super slow, compared to the super fast progress of someone that's cashing in. Then the amount of time needed for a free-to-play player to be relevant is way high. Hence why the majority of players would more rather want to know the progress pace of both sides (p2w,f2p), rather than what instance is fun and how can i dye my gear or how flexible the character creation is.
    • The purpose of joining the beta server is to review also the business model, we will have all access to the shop, new luna sistem and so on. We can express our idea of the state of the game freely, gameforge will just help us to promote our videos and we will help promote the game. After newcomers will watch big youtuber videos may be interested on the game will look also at experienced aion youtubers. It's good for all, no need to stay negative even when gf try to do something good for the community (and its business ofc)
    • Lyah wrote:

      The purpose of joining the beta server is to review also the business model, we will have all access to the shop, new luna sistem and so on. We can express our idea of the state of the game freely, gameforge will just help us to promote our videos and we will help promote the game. After newcomers will watch big youtuber videos may be interested on the game will look also at experienced aion youtubers. It's good for all, no need to stay negative even when gf try to do something good for the community (and its business ofc)
      Is this not a bit to late ? its ok i have no problem with you guys but i think by myself promotion enough allready on youtube type in youtube the name
      of ( Sywo ) and you find everything allready about this new patch 6.0/6.2 they allready play 6.5 now ( he shows everything in video and explains )

      GF should bring Deava tavern 3e episode this week so they can tell people still something new, but i think its allready to late, everything what i want to know about 6.0/6.2 patch is on youtube allready, GF cant tell us mutch more news about Instances/Gear/Delete of maps etc

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Parra ().

    • we are all positive don't worry just as all living things we tend to value our lives / time and i doubt some 1 want to say i play'd a game for 2 years just to get to a new patch before reaching max stats or else say'd end game content :) " while struggling to survive from p2w players cuz we are not cows that rich guys can farm xD? or i hope that's the reason aion is not that popular nowadays . . .



      just do the math about non p2w in ur video since the goal will be end game pvp gear that should be the only way i see to succeed


      i don't dare to talk about p2w stuff cuz even if aion shop is decent if some random event pop up whit the best stuff inside idm if aion shop is decent if the events are not

      anyway i don't mind p2w players at all

      but id like to see how gameforge value time of non p2w since we are not the best possible customers but still a customers ( and im sure most of us even if we didn't pay directly we bough tons of kumuki scrolls pets skins exp boosts and so on so it should count xD)


      thanks again for ur time again im really looking forward to aion eu
    • Is this not a bit to late ? its ok i have no problem with you guys but i think by myself promotion enough allready on youtube type in youtube
      the name of ( Sywo ) and you find everything allready about this new patch 6.0/6.2 they allready play 6.5 now
      ( he shows everything in video and explains )


      GF should bring Deava tavern 3e episode this week so they can tell people still something new, but i think its allready to late, everything
      what i want to know about 6.0/6.2 patch even 6.5 is on youtube allready, GF cant tell us mutch more news about the new Instances/Gear/Luna/Skins/Tranform scrolls /Delete of maps etc

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Parra ().

    • I don't think there was any comment that was negative, most of it are just constructive opinions.
      However maybe certain people perceive these opinions to be negative, but I'm quiet sure that the majority of people in the thread are trying to be constructive.

      You can't just expect "positive" (the ones you want to hear) opinions only.
      You can't just expect people to fall into delusion and rewrite their memory that everything was OK in the past.

      Yes, this is a big step forward for something I wrote long ago regarding GameForges lack in communicating with their player base.
      It's absolutely great that you guys will get to make these videos and that it was GameForges initiative.
      But you know, that's just the first step. Without people giving "negative" feedback, maybe there wouldn't be even that first step. Because when everyone is quiet and peaceful, that means that there isn't anything wrong. And there obviously was a lot of wrong. So please don't put these opinions under the carpet, because they actually mean something.
    • Aiming for new players (or gaining the old players that left's trust back) is a thing, through proper advertising sure. Anyhow, these players should expect the game to be "welcoming" and enjoyable in the sense that's it's pretty fair between it's playerbase and so on. A f2p game will always have some kind of "p2w" or "pay to go fast", especially in a game like Aion into how it's designed and it's current state, it kinda "needs it" in a way.

      Aion is not made for everybody and that's understandable and it's a shame that a lot of people don't get to see and experience the game properly, I've seen it happen too many times. This new patch seems to fix a lot of things that kept away some people into getting into it but also do some stuff that shows that they didn't learn anything (judging from what is in other regions).

      I hear and see that Gameforge plans to keep the patch as it is in Korea and do some other changes depending on our "version" of the game and feedback, and that's good (the enchant/loot rates for example are good, would be nice if we get the improved 6.5 enchant rates early but well, at least don't "balance" it :D ).

      So if GF's aim is to get new players and returning players too, somethings needs to change, just look at previous patches and I'm sure since the game has been out for so long. Don't do the same mistakes or worse.
    • It's a good thing in a way that, I have zero faith in Gameforge but imagine actually advertising your game only to make it p2w so when the new players see the cash shop they won't even play.


      So I guess maybe we're heading towards a more non-p2w where only gold packs suffice their need for money and skins + convenience.
    • Fornite IS not a p2w
      Player unknows Battlefield IS not p2w
      Dota2 IS not p2w
      Counter strike GO IS not p2w
      League of Legends Ia not p2w

      They did cash avoiding it

      Definetly a Game wich IS p2w because the only way to make Money IS giving OP items, wich are so hard top get IS a way to extend a game's death. Jordan ncsoft Saw that And made 6.0. And i ver You know this.

      If You start with p2w You Will see It instantly how ppl start And let away the Game un justificante a weekend without spending any euros.

      I just ask You for hearing us. Your business model IS giving to chance... Sony let this Game Die please. Hear us, hear the playerbase
    • Lololeitor wrote:

      Fornite IS not a p2w
      Player unknows Battlefield IS not p2w
      Dota2 IS not p2w
      Counter strike GO IS not p2w
      League of Legends Ia not p2w

      They did cash avoiding it

      Definetly a Game wich IS p2w because the only way to make Money IS giving OP items, wich are so hard top get IS a way to extend a game's death. Jordan ncsoft Saw that And made 6.0. And i ver You know this.

      If You start with p2w You Will see It instantly how ppl start And let away the Game un justificante a weekend without spending any euros.

      I just ask You for hearing us. Your business model IS giving to chance... Sony let this Game Die please. Hear us, hear the playerbase
      You forgot to mention Path of Exile. They have extraordinary ethics and you can play the game, do everything, without paying 1 cent. There's premium stash tabs that allows you to sell your items easier, but there's programs that do that for free. People just buy skins which are expensive.
      There's probably a lot of examples, but generally, free games that are fair do way better in the long run than games who become p2w.

      Also why does everyone say that Aion NEEDS to be p2w? You already are paying for a gold pack right? That's 5 euro~ + people who buy skins = Enough to maintain a game. Not a dead one of course.

      Also I played this patch for 5 months, quit 3-4 months ago and I'm still 3rd ranked on aionpveranks on some instances. If I had kept on playing, I would have made all my gear +25 probably, without spending a penny. Well no, I bought my first gold pack so 11 euro. To say this game is hard in the current state... no, it's the easiest it has ever been.
      But it's also the most p2w it has ever been, as everything is tradeable.

      I've talked with a lot of ppl who quit Aion because it seemed too p2w on paper. But they lacked game knowledge to do what I did in 5 months.