Gameforge Contacted me for 6.2 UPDATE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah when I said it "needs it" I was referring to the current state of the game as it is not popular and not very populated as it was before, I'm not like defending them, p2w is always bad, but I don't mind it in a free game if it's "soft" (and actually I don't really care I don't take the game seriously), it's that GF as the patches go it became more and more worse lol.

And I don't think it's fair to compare Aion to the other f2p games without p2w, those games are HUGE, very casual friendly , made for the "mainstream" audience and so on... also to see the core design of the games themselves.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

So I guess maybe we're heading towards a more non-p2w where only gold packs suffice their need for money and skins + convenience.
      Only gold pack + skins and other bullshits would be great. But we all know that's not gonna happen
    • Lyah wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

So I guess maybe we're heading towards a more non-p2w where only gold packs suffice their need for money and skins + convenience.
      Only gold pack + skins and other bullshits would be great. But we all know that's not gonna happen
      It may, if the gold packs do not stack and the time we still have from the current ones does not count, except for some benefits. If we have to buy a new gold pack with real money or in game currency every month to remove restrictions it may work. The f2p model is obsolete, its not working and its just turning the games into p2w and there are countless examples. Aion is surviving somehow because of the fan base it has and also because there is nothing else as an alternative. But if nothing changes, no matter how promising the next patch is ...
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Lyah wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

It may, if the gold packs do not stack and the time we still have from the current ones does not count, except for some benefits. If we have to buy a new gold pack with real money or in game currency every month to remove restrictions it may work. The f2p model is obsolete, its not working and its just turning the games into p2w and there are countless examples. Aion is surviving somehow because of the fan base it has and also because there is nothing else as an alternative. But if nothing changes, no matter how promising the next patch is ...
      I agree with you. Let's hope for less ptw
    • The way of saving Aion is vastly simple, but requires business model changes.

For too long Aion has been an extremely pay to win game here in EU, with the pinnacle of this being the 5.x expansion.

As we have seen this has led to the current state of the game, which, for me personally, is highly unpopular with servers having too few players to truly enjoy the full game itself.

In order to fix this problem, and it is fully possible to fix this problem AND gain the favor of both veterans and returning players is to no longer promote shop events more than 1 or 2 times a year, to completely remove all RNG boxes from the Aion Shop which contain any item whatsoever that any paying user could use towards their own advantage in both PvP and PvE. By removing all forms of advantages against other players that one can purchase using the Aion Shop, and by severely restricting events which require the Aion Shop for correct participation in them the population of the game would greatly increase.

You see Galeas, you rely on a business model that is incompatible with the player base, which is the reason so many have stopped playing. But there ARE games as others have pointed out here, where by selling only skins and aesthetic items, not only survive but thrive.

You, too, can have one such model. You too have the ability to make the EU Aion the best version of Aion that exists.
    • I remember, it was a long time ago when people from Aion waiting every Thursday for Mookie (GameForge) to release new skins at the shop a lot of people buy them to wear or to sell them at the broker. (Aion 3.x - 4.x)

Nowdays, you can buy directly full set from shop.

I suppose (6.x) it will be same as (5.x), because why not...

Compare donating from 3.x - 4.x with 5.x :alol: :alol: :alol:
    • kkk wrote:

just for the record , i refuse to play until i see everything... i won't play aion eu X( )

Buh bye. :alol:

Whats there to see? You already can see the game in kr. Its heavy p2w there, it will be same thing here (more or less). Its 6 years of history already, people still mesmerise about what gf will do next. Plain obvious as with every other game they manage to land fingers on. :atongue:
    • to tell u the truth i have few friends that don't even want to hear about aion eu :) that play'd 12h daily just to struggle in the game all of these years:)

if that happen that u write m8 about heavy p2w prolly after 1st 2 month the game will be left whit the same population as now :) but well who knows gameforge might surprise us :)?

ofc if the patch don't cut it i can move on this time :) too as u say'd above :)

ah yea if that happen forgot to say that means gameforge directly say to non p2w that the existence and their value is 0 it's kinda shame but still well u can't be welcome everywhere that's how world work anyway :)
    • I cashed out ( :ashy: ), pretty much exactly 3y ago, still watching from time to time what they screw around but won't touch it. I had enough of them in their first years, can't be fooled again by same old fake tactics. :aunhappy:

Tbh, they reduced a bit the p2w on every patch compared to nc kr. These have even a higher lvl of p2w if you can imagine that. :alol:
    • Why people can't just wait until the release, if we get hard p2w you are welcome to leave and let the game die, if we get "acceptable p2w" (by saying that I mean they have to mantain the game) you will just enjoy the new content and kill some ely (yes, I was used to play on asmo side :thumbup: ).
    • I can tell you that i think business model it's fair on 6.2 right now for gf, anyway i cannot share more info.
      Ptw still possible but it's thousands better then 5.x situation. If they wont add ptw events like shugo game it will be the perfect patch ever