Gameforge Contacted me for 6.2 UPDATE

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • I was playing on ru server since day 1 and i was playing hardcore, i had full yellow set +5 with two piece +10 on day 7 and i was getting so good feedback on pvp overall, i was enjoying the patch like it should be, then they released enchant stones and exclusive potions on the shop and the same day you already seen people with +15 purple stuff arround, unkillable people with crafting gear and op potions etc.

      From one day to another the game was completly ruined because of the p2w shop.

      Its funny because people complain alot about the transformations when that is not even a fraction of a problem of what kinah and enchants can do, who cares if a player runs faster or attack faster than you, thats nothing next to what the gear gap can do on this patch.

      Why would i care about his speed, attack speed or casting speed if i cant even lower his hp under 90% with a full rotation of skills, even if i can lower it to 80% then what, he will pop that 20% hp exclusive potion from the shop and hes still 100% with still potions free of cooldown.

      There is so much more broken stuff than trasformations, at the end that is capped on the stats, it doenst matter if it gives 60, 100 or 400% speed, they cant past beyond that cap, but potions and other stats like defense/attack etc are not capped and its completly broken without soft caps.
    • Daeny wrote:

      I was playing on ru server since day 1 and i was playing hardcore, i had full yellow set +5 with two piece +10 on day 7 and i was getting so good feedback on pvp overall, i was enjoying the patch like it should be, then they released enchant stones and exclusive potions on the shop and the same day you already seen people with +15 purple stuff arround, unkillable people with crafting gear and op potions etc.

      From one day to another the game was completly ruined because of the p2w shop.

      Its funny because people complain alot about the transformations when that is not even a fraction of a problem of what kinah and enchants can do, who cares if a player runs faster or attack faster than you, thats nothing next to what the gear gap can do on this patch.

      Why would i care about his speed, attack speed or casting speed if i cant even lower his hp under 90% with a full rotation of skills, even if i can lower it to 80% then what, he will pop that 20% hp exclusive potion from the shop and hes still 100% with still potions free of cooldown.

      There is so much more broken stuff than trasformations, at the end that is capped on the stats, it doenst matter if it gives 60, 100 or 400% speed, they cant past beyond that cap, but potions and other stats like defense/attack etc are not capped and its completly broken without soft caps.
      Exactly
    • Rym wrote:

      So what you're saying is, GF will take the same path?
      I mean he gave perfect explanation of ptw model on this patch, any region will have their own anyway having different shop, quna/luna shop, events, goldpacks(premium pack) or what else.
      The things is that 6.2 is extremely gear based, that's sound bad ofc but in a soft ptw model you could handle it.
      in a full ptw model like on korea where basically you could buy what ever you want on shop(no gear luckly as far as i know) it will be broken af.

      Even in a no ptw model some players could go mad only coz this patch is gear based. I actually dont mind it since i like mmorpg coz of it, or i would play something else, but ye, here the difference it's huge. May be they will fix it on future patch

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Lyah ().

    • Noctis wrote:

      EU does have Hero Trials to ease the pain tho.

      Well, I kinda blame players also. There was a lot of ways to prepare for 6.2 and they're all known. Yet many ppl don't even bother and just keep QQing on forums.
      Exactly, i m faulty also, i could have done more but i was so bored of this patch that i couldn't play anymore... Anyway we talking more about new users, since they have to restart from 0.
      I think they could do it, ofc they wont be best player istantly, they will have to pain a lil bit if the compensation gear will be too generous.
      Anyway still i think it's the best moment to come back. The patch will be funny no matter unless you are too salty for gear difference
    • Lyah wrote:

      In a full ptw model like on korea where basically you could buy what ever you want on shop(no gear luckly as far as i know) it will be broken af.
      This is the thing that most of the people are wrong with, and ill try to explain why.
      When we looking at korea with theyr desing of shop and stuff, we dont have to look at what is selling on shop, what we need to look into is the availability of f2p player to adquire the items they need to gear up.

      Its the final result what makes it p2w, if for example the only source of enchants where the shop and shop exclusive, here everyone will scream p2w, but if they are very cheap, its not p2w, because a f2p player could just buy it ingame from another player for a cheap price, see where im going with this ?

      For example, its not real example, jut to make it clear:
      Lets say i start playing on korea and im f2p player, i can gear up in 2 weeks to the point to get x2 purple +10 items and rest +10 yellow, while facing full +10 purple ppl.
      Now lets say i start playing on eu, im a f2p player, i can gear up in 2 weeks to the point to get x0 purple and just yellow +5 with two piece +10 while facing full +10 purple ppl.

      Why is that ? on EU the enchants where just a limited pucharse and expensive, also there was and one event for two days that gave away some enchants+availability to p2w on it but super expensive.
      On the other hand on korea they sell everything on shop permanently and cheap.

      So like this example i just made, its everything like that, and it was like that always, everyone thinks kor is always more p2w etc, but in the truth at the end its not, eu/na is way more p2w.
    • Daeny wrote:

      Lyah wrote:

      In a full ptw model like on korea where basically you could buy what ever you want on shop(no gear luckly as far as i know) it will be broken af.
      This is the thing that most of the people are wrong with, and ill try to explain why.When we looking at korea with theyr desing of shop and stuff, we dont have to look at what is selling on shop, what we need to look into is the availability of f2p player to adquire the items they need to gear up.

      Its the final result what makes it p2w, if for example the only source of enchants where the shop and shop exclusive, here everyone will scream p2w, but if they are very cheap, its not p2w, because a f2p player could just buy it ingame from another player for a cheap price, see where im going with this ?

      For example, its not real example, jut to make it clear:
      Lets say i start playing on korea and im f2p player, i can gear up in 2 weeks to the point to get x2 purple +10 items and rest +10 yellow, while facing full +10 purple ppl.
      Now lets say i start playing on eu, im a f2p player, i can gear up in 2 weeks to the point to get x0 purple and just yellow +5 with two piece +10 while facing full +10 purple ppl.

      Why is that ? on EU the enchants where just a limited pucharse and expensive, also there was and one event for two days that gave away some enchants+availability to p2w on it but super expensive.
      On the other hand on korea they sell everything on shop permanently and cheap.

      So like this example i just made, its everything like that, and it was like that always, everyone thinks kor is always more p2w etc, but in the truth at the end its not, eu/na is way more p2w.
      That fact that on korea you could get more enchantstones for a ftp user is completely wrong. You cannot buy them bc they are untradeble so the only way is to get them in game. So what it's the same for every other region the only difference are events, shop in game and real money shop. Dont even mention how redicully hard is to get quna on korea it's just a joke, u can only buy them.
      So if the enchantstones would be even cheap if a guy doesn't wanna spent even a penny in the game there will be thousands of ppl that could buy them super cheap and you will have red geared ppl +15 vrs yellows +10

      The only fair way is to be extremely expensive to get trhu shop and avaiable in game. If they will do a good job with hero trials and events (free ones) it could be a success. If they will keep going with ptw events then it will sucks
    • Lyah wrote:

      That fact that on korea you could get more enchantstones for a ftp user is completely wrong. You cannot buy them bc they are untradeble so the only way is to get them in game. So what it's the same for every other region the only difference are events, shop in game and real money shop. Dont even mention how redicully hard is to get quna on korea it's just a joke, u can only buy them.So if the enchantstones would be even cheap if a guy doesn't wanna spent even a penny in the game there will be thousands of ppl that could buy them super cheap and you will have red geared ppl +15 vrs yellows +10

      The only fair way is to be extremely expensive to get trhu shop and avaiable in game. If they will do a good job with hero trials and events (free ones) it could be a success. If they will keep going with ptw events then it will sucks
      No, the enchant stones that you buy from the shop are tradeables, the broker was full of them, anyway it was just an example, because is not only about enchant stones, there are way more stuff involved
    • Daeny wrote:

      Lyah wrote:

      That fact that on korea you could get more enchantstones for a ftp user is completely wrong. You cannot buy them bc they are untradeble so the only way is to get them in game. So what it's the same for every other region the only difference are events, shop in game and real money shop. Dont even mention how redicully hard is to get quna on korea it's just a joke, u can only buy them.So if the enchantstones would be even cheap if a guy doesn't wanna spent even a penny in the game there will be thousands of ppl that could buy them super cheap and you will have red geared ppl +15 vrs yellows +10

      The only fair way is to be extremely expensive to get trhu shop and avaiable in game. If they will do a good job with hero trials and events (free ones) it could be a success. If they will keep going with ptw events then it will sucks
      No, the enchant stones that you buy from the shop are tradeables, the broker was full of them, anyway it was just an example, because is not only about enchant stones, there are way more stuff involved
      if the enchament stones wont be tradeble then it would be perfect right? let's wish gf won't add tradeble stones one! :whistling:
    • Honestly guys, Give me one reason why Aion 6.2 EU by gameforge will not end up as a Pay to Win fully cashoped items ?


      Because They care about Balance ?


      We got Hero trial quest = 1 enchant stone jekunerk every 3/4 days donator get a box with 50x enchant sellable drop from a CS chest.

      This unique Fortune wheel that unbalanced the whole game in 3 days & crashed any new server in a week.

      Lets thinks about egain, some players spend 300 Euros + to get full geared on a server that died & get fused.

      If they know players will buy it the Pay to Win policy will keep going on.

      I regret the day I tought Pay to Play or Monthly Pass system was a expensive thing.
    • The only way to make the 6.2 patch atractive and not p2w (that early) for everyone its by actualy wiriting a letter to gameforge and convincing them about a new idea of how to actualy make the most profit out of the patch at the same time they give the best experience to the players.

      And here is mine:

      My vision on this would be to focus on making money (shop p2w with enchants and kinah etc) at the very end of the gearing procces, so everyone will be able to gear up at the same conditions to mid-end gear (having full purple set +10 and some piece +15 ready to upgrade to red) and enjoy for about month or two with the exact same suply of enchants and kinah for everyone.

      This will boost the confidence on the comunity and it will be shocking for most of the players to not see the p2w element on the gearing progress for that period of time, this will be positive for everyone, because everyone will be happy to have a balanced gear to enjoy the game in equal conditions and the player base will increase (or decrease way less)

      The target of people with the need of spend money on the last step of the gearing progress then it will be bigger and that will give more profit to gameforge instead of setting up the p2w at the bery beggining of the gearing progress, because the difference between the first steps and the last steps are too big in terms of stats and gameplay and that will scare players and make them quit.

      Once this point its reached, (having everyone full purple set +10 or so with only ingame suply) the purple/yellow enchant stones and kinah suply from the game will be very limited to work on red set and there is gonna be a huge need of cash shop suply, is when the shop should pop with the p2w, giving the chance to spend money to finish the gearing progress all the way up to the end or close to it.

      There is many stuff to focus at the end of the gearing progress, manastones, enchants, kinah, etc, the needed amount of kinah, enchants and manastones is so big that gameforge should not be worryed about if its too easy or if the need to spend money it will end quick, because its not just about making the set +15 and thats it, no, there is the rerolling stats thing, that will take alot of time and kinah, probably the most, also there is coming new manastones on next patch and new stuff keep coming, so giving to the players the disponibility to boost theyr characters one step more (purple set +10 instead of yellow set+10) will not be an issue on this meaning regarding reaching max quick and not having the need to spend more, that wont happen.

      The whole point of this idea is to decrease the gap of stats and gameplay overall from the p2w player vs the f2p player while still making the same or even more profit for gameforge, at the price of holding the cash shop for just a litle bit longer, how longer will depend only on the modifications of the suply that gameforge add into the ingame sources, if they add many suply, everyone will reach the ''soft cap'' very quick and they will be able to release the p2w sooner.

      So the final result its a change from: Leveling quick and giving them free yellow set +10 then make the need of cash shop suply quick, to: Leveling quick and giving them free purple set +10 then make the need of cash shop suply a bit after.

      Pros:
      -The gap between purple set +10 and red set +10 its not that big and its acceptable for everyone, is not like +10 yellow vs +10 red where its just too much and unnaceptable.
      -The time that people will spend in total equal conditions will be bigger and that will boost the comunity confidence and trust to the company because they will enjoy the game they love for the first time in a very long time, years, and then forget about anything else because they actualy are in a competitive fair race ingame, where any win over the enemy is worth because it boost the gearing progress.
      -The player base will be bigger (or decrease less) so the target players of potential income for the company its also bigger (or decrease less) and the health of the servers will be better.
      -Because of all the previous, this could cause a call towards other players currently playing private servers or other regions servers and icrease the popuplation even more.

      Cons:
      -The company (gameforge) will need to wait a bit longer to get the money from the players, as i explained before, how much time will only depend of the suply of ingame kinah and enchants, the more suply there is, the sooner players will reach the soft cap and the sooner they will be ready for the cash shop to be released.

      Now, what additional suply would i recomend to add ?
      -First of all and the most important, the pvp quest that ask you to kill 5 enemy on certain area, on this quests i would add a bag with 1 yellow stone and chance to get 1 purple instead, also make this quest daily instead of weekly, so the pvp open world becomes a thing and you can see activity everyday, lets say this is the thing players will always have to do, so when they run out of stuff to do (because they will very quick) they can hunt enemy with actualy a reward worth.

      -Increase the ones from arena / dredgion / siege / etc, those sources should give purple even if you lose.

      -The x4 weekly x4 repeat quest to kill 20 mobs, add there one bag like the one i suggested, 1 yellow stone with chance to get 1 purple instead.

      -The tokens or items that you need in order to enchange the equipment, that ones can be used to enchange yellow stones, add the bag for purple stones on that merchant too.

      And thats it for the pvp and enchants stuff.

      About the kinah i would recomend to increase the drop chance because at the x1 rates, the materials, manastones and trash items suply its too low to the point that you even loose kinah if you use food/potions/powershards etc while killing mobs, the drop needs to be increased, anyway there is a weekly kinah limit, so it still limited.
      Manastones are the only source actualy, there is few more sources but the true income is from open world mobs, and the current x1 drop rate its just really really low, not to mention the lv60 and lv80 are mixed so its even lower.
      And about the materials of crafting, they are just pointless without kinah, because they are needed paired with kinah, so if you have lots of materials but you have no kinah, then you cant craft anyway.

      Another thing that i would recomend is to increase the kinah drop from the boses on dungeons and loot like that, the ones you are limited to loot because of entrys, because the drop from boses is equal to nothing, its a joke to split 100k on 6 for example, this will also boost the interest on players to add additional entry to some dungeons, just to make additional kinah that are not limited by sold items on merchant.

      And quest and other rewards from arena etc, ofc, boost the kinah on quest and those sources that are limited, like arenas etc

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Daeny ().

    • even if they don't put any p2w they can survive 1 year only from new gold packs i bet . . . but well let's say at least 3 months would be fine w/o p2w




      hint id like to see rewards for dedicated pvp players maybe finish all camps kills daily quest * for additional rewards