Gameforge Contacted me for 6.2 UPDATE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i hear ru official already has roulette p2w event not 100% sure can some1 confirm xD? ( if that's true lel it hasn't even been 2 weeks since the start of their new server ) . . .
      and what's the plan of gameforge for future events after 6.2 is it possible to see a month ahead events in the forum :?
      ( ah yea also do u guys consider making aion coins tradeable in game id like to see them in broker )

about ur content i doubt u guys can offer something special since alot streamers already showed the stuff on new content unless gameforge change something in game that is worth to show... which i highly doubt but then again would be great if u manage to surprise the crowd
    • Click wrote:

So there’ll be a beta test server for chosen people and another testserver for everyone or what happened to the idea of a testserver for the community xD?
      Nothing happened it will be there and it's the same server for everyone. But it is possible that youtubers will get access a bit earlier so that they have more time to prepare videos.

Doombolt wrote:

It seems that ship has sailed away.
      Not at all. Nothing sailed away. It is still planned to get a PTS for everyone. More info as soon as we have a date and all info.

kkk wrote:

and what's the plan of gameforge for future events after 6.2 is it possible to see a month ahead events in the forum :?

( ah yea also do u guys consider making aion coins tradeable in game id like to see them in broker )

about ur content i doubt u guys can offer something special since alot streamers already showed the stuff on new content unless gameforge change something in game that is worth to show... which i highly doubt but then again would be great if u manage to surprise the crowd
      Show events on forums a month ahead is very unlikely to happen. Events take time to prepare and can't be changed on short notice. We are always checking the feedback and suggestions and many events recently were adapted according to this. Some events like Magical crafting were actually suggested by players (in this case one of our dear forum team member).

The goal is to have guides and interesting contents for all people who are interested. Yes, some people made videos but based on PTS for some of them with different settings that are not representative of any of the live servers with 6.0 on different regions. 6.0 is so vast that a lot of things were not covered. Don't forget that we have a variety of languages on Aion and that there are a lot of languages in which we don't have 6.0 guides etc... There is still a lot to show and a lot of interesting stuff that was not covered, that is for sure.
    • Conrats Lyah! I think this is a good step from GF, and I hope you and the other youtubers will be able to provide useful informations for both newcomers and returning oldies ;)

Galeas wrote:

We are always checking the feedback and suggestions and many events recently were adapted according to this.
      Regarding this, I'm sorry, I really appreciate the work you've been doing for this community, but GF rarely ever listens to the playerbase feedback. I know that P2W is a lot more profitable (as seen here for example), but please, please do also consider the slightly longer-term health of the game and don't crush this with too many P2W strategies.
    • Hakurin wrote:

Regarding this, I'm sorry, I really appreciate the work you've been doing for this community, but GF rarely ever listens to the playerbase feedback. I know that P2W is a lot more profitable (as seen here for example), but please, please do also consider the slightly longer-term health of the game and don't crush this with too many P2W strategies.
      hope really dies last, lmao
      prepare for trouble - and make it triple
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Contact bigger MMO channels and provide them with a max level acc to try 6.2 out. No offense but 1500 subs of whom probably most of them are already Aion players .. doesn't really mean much.
      This is something completely different. We are also in touch with "big" youtubers but for another puprose. The purpose of having people from the community is to provide content that is really useful for players.If you make someone that never played Aion make a video it might be interesting for the reach but in no case for actual and future players :)

But we are going both ways for 6.0.
    • Galeas wrote:

This is something completely different. We are also in touch with "big" youtubers but for another puprose. The purpose of having people from the community is to provide content that is really useful for players.If you make someone that never played Aion make a video it might be interesting for the reach but in no case for actual and future players :)
      But we are going both ways for 6.0.
      @Galeas If new players really is the big focus of this youtube project than i highly suggest to disclose the new server opening news as soon as possible and BEFORE the new advertising contents get created, as mentioning a new server opening together with the new patch would really boost the chances of new players to give the game a try.

I mean we all kind of know that a new server is going to open, just mention it already, I promise that the people still playing at the moment won't stop or protest if you explain that choice is made to bring new players in?
    • I am glad GF decided to promote Aion.
      Although its many flaws, it's still a great game... it's underrated, probably because it's kinda hard to get into and understand it (which will happen at end game... surely those who tried it and quit never quite got there).
      Now that 6.2 it's friendly to a more casual style, hopefully it will bring more players to the fold.
      I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    • Neverfelt wrote:

This looks like a cheap way to advertise aion thats gonna fail anyway because all these subscribers you see on these channels are people familiar with aion and not "newcomers" that you are aiming at...
      This specific project is not aimed for newcomers in first place, but they could be also interesting for them :) See @Galeas previous posts:

Galeas wrote:

The purpose of having people from the community is to provide content that is really useful for players.

Galeas wrote:

The goal is to have guides and interesting contents for all people who are interested.
      ~ Sparx ~
    • Sparx wrote:

Neverfelt wrote:

This looks like a cheap way to advertise aion thats gonna fail anyway because all these subscribers you see on these channels are people familiar with aion and not "newcomers" that you are aiming at...
      This specific project is not aimed for newcomers in first place, but they could be also interesting for them :) See @Galeas previous posts:

Galeas wrote:

The purpose of having people from the community is to provide content that is really useful for players.

Galeas wrote:

The goal is to have guides and interesting contents for all people who are interested.
      ~ Sparx ~

Check Lyah's video at 00:40 , says: "to promote the game to all players, and especially to newcomers"
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • Neverfelt wrote:

I strongly disagree with you because those videos will be promoted on our channels, which will make it visible for people that are interested in 6.0, newcomers and already active players and thus not only by their usual viewers. The goal is that, along with all the news and announcements, you will have videos explaining 6.0. Which is a good thing for everyone. And this is far from being the only way we will use to promote the game.

Yes, the videos will contribute to promoting the update, but as I said there will be a lot of other things. This is all complementary and I would say "the more the better".
    • To be fair, I don't think anybody really cares about Aion 6.2 content. There is plenty already.
      Anything that the youtubers showcase might be overshadowed by the business model.
      I think if you want to make a good advertisement you will have to be a bit more transparent about how the business model will function.
      Otherwise the whole advertising while not being transparent just smells of short term profit goals.
      And old players knew out of experience and new players knew it out of reviews, that the business model was a big turnoff.

My opinion is biased, because I am an old player. That might be a returnee in 6.2. But this all depends on how the business model is. The majority of my friends that left the game think the same way, and I'm sure that a lot of other old players also think the same way. So my biased opinion might be also objective depending on how many old players think the same way as I do.
      Well, even putting opinion aside, when it comes to marketing the majority of people first want to know how much does your product cost, and then what are the details of the product. As Aion is a free-to-play game the majority of the players are probably not a sheikh. So all that matters for them will be the product "price".