pc build for aion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is over-kill for Aion.

The FPS limitations are strictly because of Aion's engine, which forces you to F12 so you can hide characters for better FPS, when there's 100+ people on screen.

If you don't stream you can run Aion as best as Aion runs with that PC. Btw even WoW has issues with many people on screen, so much so that they have a fracture system where people are placed in different channels even tho they are on the same servers, kinda like you can change channels in Aion.
    • GPU doesn't really matter in Aion. Older graphic cards are doing fine too. All what You need is CPU with high clock speed on single core, preferable 4GHz+. i7-8086K is probably the best processor for Aion sieges right now. But there are coming i7 9700K and i7 9900K in October. These have soldered integrated heat spreaders (IHS). Thanks to that it will be even better for overclocking.

Anyway @[NICK]yosefxx, your PC will be fine in less crowd places like instances and open world away from main town, but You will have low fps on sieges even on lowest details.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Livo ().

• SSD is a must have. Hell, it's the new standard since a long time ago.

@OP
      With a PC like that you can run aion in 2k easy... and with max graphics.
      In main cities you'll still have low FPS but everywhere else it will be 60+
    • Livo wrote:

GPU doesn't really matter in Aion. Older graphic cards are doing fine too. All what You need is CPU with high clock speed on single core, preferable 4GHz+. i7-8086K is probably the best processor for Aion sieges right now. But there are coming i7 9700K and i7 9900K in October. These have soldered integrated heat spreaders (IHS). Thanks to that it will be even better for overclocking.

Anyway @[NICK]yosefxx, your PC will be fine in less crowd places like instances and open world away from main town, but You will have low fps on sieges even on lowest details.
      even if those new CPU are coming, it will be stupid to pay between 400+ to 550e just for the CPU to play aion...
      when for example my i5 6600k @4.6gh will yeild the same result on aion or practically the same result for a much much cheaper price
    • You don't need the latest or greatest. I have an i5 4690 @ 3.5ghz with single ddr 8gb & RX 480 on ultrawide (2560x1080) running without probs. Does get a bit laggy with a lot of people (but all computers do, it's a limitation). And with I lot, I do mean a lot on sieges for example. On the Tiamaranta event for example with alliances, I never had to do F12 ...
    • [NICK]yosefxx wrote:

how about
      cpu : i5 8400
      gpu : gtx 1060 6gb
      ram : 16 gb dd4

is these gave me good FPS !!
      i wanna play smoothly

gave me your opinion plz

If your concern is getting the best machine for the money then I'd suggest

cpu: i3 8350k - and overclock it to a minimum of 4.5
      gpu: gtx 1050 ti - its all you need if you're playing on a standard 60hz 1080p monitor
      ram 8gb ddr4 2400 - 8gb is enough, just use mozilla instead of google chrome.

Side note this is the wrong forum section, it should belong to help and questions
    • i got a friend who has a G4560 and got higher fps than my overclocked ryzen 5 1600x :) so yeah, u just need a good single core high performance cpu for this game. As for gpu even an old card with 2gb of memory is enough to get 60+ fps on a high performance single core cpu.

JustQuestions wrote:

gpu: gtx 1050 ti - its all you need if you're playing on a standard 60hz 1080p monitor
      Not really necessary, as we've seen in this thread the game will stretch itself on higher resolutions, so that won't affect your gpu performance on higher resolution monitors.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• Aion's engine is older and is based that it can use up to 2 cores so GPU doesn't play the game here, you're okay with what you have.
      You can play on 10 years old builds just FYI

now about your "FPS meter".. since you need high single-core performance I'd suggest 8th gen Intel CPU which you can OC. 8400 is not OCable, you'll need 8600k or better 8700k, anyway the best option for OCing is 8086k that one is guaranteed to get to at least 5GHz. Delid the CPU so you can OC it at least a bit to a lot more. You'll also need high quality cooler for that. Good air is better than shitty AiO.

Many ppl will go WTF why am I suggesting i7 but 90% of them don't know what delid is.

It's up to you, I just told you how to get the best performance.

PS: those of you suggesting older gen than 8th intel, maybe get brain as i3 8100 ihas the same performance as i5 7xxx, excluding Ryzen now as it is hard to bring Ryzen over 4GHz, while delided Intel can go over 5 easily.
      You dare to disturb the Shugo Queen? :alol:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Magistone: forgot to mention 8086K ().

• Man the game is playable with Core 2 Quad, R7 240, 4GB RAM DDR2 :D
      I think he's jsut asking for FPS, that's why I wrote the long post but it's not all, sometimes connection can fk up a bit, just sayin'

What I'd like to know exact names of the components so that I'm able to tell if he has quality ones or nah. If he wants top FPS, just refer to my post above
    • like many ppl said,single core performance cpu and if u can try ramdisk also.. ramdisk make diffrence at loading screen to bmr,runat,dred teleport another map and during siege its help to read faster.. search on youtube for it..
    • yaminote wrote:

like many ppl said,single core performance cpu and if u can try ramdisk also.. ramdisk make diffrence at loading screen to bmr,runat,dred teleport another map and during siege its help to read faster.. search on youtube for it..
      You don't want to spend RAM on that... even if you have AION on different drive than system it speeds up a lot... I'd rather go for PCI SSD disk
    • For me is clear that the guy wanna get a new rig.
      Talking about overclocking and delidding to a guy who clearly has no clue about computers is too much imo. If he buys a K processor because you say it's better, he probably will never overclock it.
      I just wanted to help the guy, but this thread is turning to sh*t. I'm out, peace !
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • iSTAN wrote:

For me is clear that the guy wanna get a new rig.
      Talking about overclocking and delidding to a guy who clearly has no clue about computers is too much imo. If he buys a K processor because you say it's better, he probably will never overclock it.
      I just wanted to help the guy, but this thread is turning to sh*t. I'm out, peace !
      I'm not saying it's better, I'm saying you cannot overclock non-K CPU and when he wants the best FPS he needs OCable CPU with delid to get the highest single-threaded performance for it... It all comes from what he wants... IF he DOESN'T WANT TO OC then he SHOULD stay with what he has