Skins in 6.2+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Skins in 6.2+

Hello, we all got a lot of questions about a lot of things in 6.2, we either got a response or we still wait. Be it about gear , transformations, p2w or what not. Time to talk about the real things which are skins :D (and not costumes, but instances skins).

As some of you know, some zones will get deleted and the instances that were there (they will not move them into other places which is weird), mostly Katalam era stuff cause you know... NCSoft hates those zones, something must have happened between the guys in charge and the dude who made those zones, as they got wiped and now we will loose the instances too (Sarpan/Tiamaranta also got wiped but we keep their instances). Even how they designed the new campaigns, is to relive all the "Story/Lore" of previous patches in succession, and Katalam era stuff is not present, as it is pretty important story wise leading to what we will get.

*Esterra/Nosra which are still new will get wiped too with their instances, they didn't even get to live for another patch. 8o (*some 5.8 instances are moved to the new zones tho)

After playing a bit in the new update, checking the database also a bit. Some skins are still obtainable as loot from mobs/bosses in instances, but they are not tradeable and appearance on them can only be used once (as all the things are like that now...).

So I'm gonna list some of them and others for the people interested, using chain armor as reference from the database and/or link to the whole set if possible (from lowest level to highest), and also to see if there's a chance for GF to do some modification for certain instances/sets.

Level 20 (white) = Fabled Kahrun Set ( Earth Set ) ; Instance : Kromede's Trial.
      Level 30 (white) = Invasion Set ( Raging Wind Set ) ; Instance : Fire Temple + Indratu Fortress + Draupnir Cave (?).
      Level 40 (white) = Frost Insignia Set ( Storm Set ) ; Instance : Taloc's Hollow + Esoterrace + Lower Udas Temple + Beshmundir Temple.
      Level 50 (white) = Fabled Jormungand / Ophidan Set ( Guardian Set ) ; Instance : Tiamat's Hideout.
      Level 60 (white) = Hyperion/Grendal/Modor Set ( Safety Set ) ; Instance : Rentus Base + Tiamat's Fortress + Makarna (solo).
      *Black color, Gunslinger Leather version available, Cloth only Bard version.
      Level 70 (white) = Illuminary Obelisk / Rune Shield Tower Set ( Overcoming Set ) ; Instances : Garden of Knowledge + Mirash Refuge.
      *Gunslinger Leather version available, Cloth only Bard version.
      Level 80 (white) = Kroban Set ( Command Set ) ; Instances : Narakkalli + Bitter Makarna + Holy Tower + Prometon Workshop.

- Some skins are reused for the new gear in the "new" instances.

Ancient Esoterrace Set = Abyssal Splinter Set.
      Ancient / Legendary Beshmundir Set = Beshmundir Set (Beshmundir Temple).
      Ancient Fortress Set = Tiamat's Fortress Set. (the weapons are the extentable versions for some reason...)
      Ancient Rentus Set = Rentus Set. (Hard Mode versions, the white not brown ones)
      Ancient Garden Set = Garden of Knowledge (same Skin/Instance).
      Ancient Thick Mist's Set = Beritra Set (Black version of Sauro Set) : Armor, Wings, Feathers, Bracelets in Holy Tower ; Weapons/Shields and Accessories in Narakkalli.
      *Gunslinger Leather version available, Cloth only Bard version.
      Ancient Black Abyss Set = Makarna Set : Armor, Wings, Feathers, Bracelets in Prometon Workshop ; Weapons/Shields and Accessories in Bitter Makarna.
      Legendary Black Void Set = Narakkalli Set : Armor, Wings, Feathers, Bracelets in Holy Tower ; Weapons/Shields and Accessories in Narakkalli.

*Other skins are now in the gear rewarded in the new campaigns : "Kaisinel" Set (the one from Katalam campaigns), Kahrun's Fabled and Eternal Set, Old Conquest Set, Blood Mark Set. You can check them here.

**The new ancient PVE and PVP "coin/garrison" gear are two of the arena sets.

The deleted skins that I've found for now are the Sauro Set, Surama Set (original Esoterrace Set), Debilkarim's Set (original Udas Set), Ancient Spirit's Set (I'm sure there are others), and some Wing skins too (hyperion, rentus, argent manor/ancient spirit etc...).I don't know if the Kunax Set skin is still obtainable in Runatorium Ruins or maybe somewhere else need confirmation. Did not check for the old Abyss sets and Arena sets they might also be deleted. Prigga Skins are not coming back too it seems.

A lot of the sets also don't have the proper wing skins for them you can just look for yourself in the pages of the sets, which is kinda weird since they already exist...

This might be too much to read, but I hope it's kinda helpful for others like me, and also tell me if I missed something or there's any mistake. :cookieshugo:

The post was edited 6 times, last by Wolx ().

• Ncsoft is used to reusing old skins, instances and so on. That's really sad coz they could give more effort implementing new way to get skins, like they did for garden and museum, but they should do even more. Really good skins should be super super rare on istances so that players could do them every week hoping for loot a super cool one.
    • Thank you for the guide. Will be useful for skinholics.

"Ncsoft is used to reusing old skins"
      That part is not true. They deliver new outfits/gear skins every new patch. Old skins may be rotated, but only in the old content, never reused as new.
    • Nakhty wrote:

Old skins may be rotated, but only in the old content, never reused as new.
      Not sure what you mean with that.
      Arena gear lvl55/60 was recolored and reused in 5.1 as new arena gear.... and then reused again in 6.0 yellow grade pvp gear from garrisons
      Not crited versions craft gear in 6.0 (both pvp and pve) will use same skin as old arena skins
      AP65 rank1 gear is gonna be reused in 6.0 as gear we get for exchange for pve
      AP 2* and AP65 Mythical (which got recolored ap2* skin) will be reused in 6.0 as gear we get as pvp exchange
      Hyperion/Grendal skin from 4.x was recolored and reused in 5.0 as world drop gear (thunder, full moon and so on)
      Gok skin is recolored Lok skin

Not gonna deny that NCs is adding few new skins every patch, but mostly they're just reusing/recoloring old skins
    • Applepie wrote:

Nakhty wrote:

Old skins may be rotated, but only in the old content, never reused as new.
      Not sure what you mean with that.Arena gear lvl55/60 was recolored and reused in 5.1 as new arena gear.... and then reused again in 6.0 yellow grade pvp gear from garrisons
      Not crited versions craft gear in 6.0 (both pvp and pve) will use same skin as old arena skins
      AP65 rank1 gear is gonna be reused in 6.0 as gear we get for exchange for pve
      AP 2* and AP65 Mythical (which got recolored ap2* skin) will be reused in 6.0 as gear we get as pvp exchange
      Hyperion/Grendal skin from 4.x was recolored and reused in 5.0 as world drop gear (thunder, full moon and so on)
      Gok skin is recolored Lok skin

Not gonna deny that NCs is adding few new skins every patch, but mostly they're just reusing/recoloring old skins
      May I ask which skins that AP65 rank 1 and AP65 2* skins going to be reuse ? what about AP 55 skins ?
      Thank you for the answer.
    • My bad, did not make myself clear. I meant they never reuse gear that MATTERS. Some long forgotten gear yes, is used again. Like arena once was and is once again something, lets say, that you should upgrade to something better anyways.

But as of new content, they do deliver. I guess you guys never played Tera where 3 years later, the best dungeon still gives us lvl 30 recolored skins. Literally havent seen a new outfit (besides cashshop costumes) being added for many, I'd say 3+ years.

Nc is doing good! In all new content I always have hard time letting go of an old look because the new one is equally nice :)
    • Erik wrote:

What about ap60?
      I don't know, forgot to look if those npcs that sell it still exist, probably deleted since the medals to buy them with will be deleted too ? someone who has access to RU / Korean servers need to check it lol (I already bought some and put them on white stuff in case).

[NICK]verizan wrote:

DP/Udas skins wil be obtainable/tradeable in 6.2?
      Udas doesn't loot the original skin unfortunately (and even Dragonbound skins are lost probably too), might wanna farm for them now (like Esoterrace), DP does not exist anymore I think.
    • Wolx wrote:

Erik wrote:

What about ap60?
      I don't know, forgot to look if those npcs that sell it still exist, probably deleted since the medals to buy them with will be deleted too ? someone who has access to RU / Korean servers need to check it lol (I already bought some and put them on white stuff in case).

[NICK]verizan wrote:

DP/Udas skins wil be obtainable/tradeable in 6.2?
      Udas doesn't loot the original skin unfortunately (and even Dragonbound skins are lost probably too), might wanna farm for them now (like Esoterrace), DP does not exist anymore I think.
      Yes, the NPC's will be removed.

Udas Skin will be removed.

Dragonbound only from Cash Shop (won't drop anymore ingame).

Dark Poeta series removed.

Esoterrace series removed.
      Discussing on internet is like paralympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.
    • Crafted Series:

Master Drenium Series (level 53) - Removed

Master Elite Durable Drenium Series (level 58/60 Black Edition) - Removed - only Cash Shop

Katalium (Catalium) Series (level 65) - Removed

(...)

Balic Crafted Series:

Noble Dragon Series (level 30/40) - Removed

Noble Wise Dragon Series (level 50) - Removed

Noble Sky Dragon Series (level 55/60) - Removed

Noble Sky Dragon Emperor Series (level 60) - Removed (...)

Ophidan (Jormungand) Series (level 65) - World Drop (level 50)
      Discussing on internet is like paralympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Khal ().

• Miow wrote:

and what about Balic skins? from old craft?
      old crafting professions are deleted so you will not be able to craft them in 6.2+. If you have some now or craft them, you will still retain them after the patch like any old gear piece.

PapaSchultz wrote:

afaik you should also check the white drops from bobs as they are all skins in fact
      It's the first ones linked (also specified where you can get them and what skins they are), I think that's all of the white/common pieces available. I think I saw some drops from open world but not sure what they are, probably one of those depending on the level/map.
    • They said you will keep the old gear (with it's appearance) that will be compensated, but didn't give an insight on uncompensated gear which is everything else, be it your current gear, old patches gear, skins applied on other gear (tradeable pieces) and so on...

My guess is it's probably the same, nothing will be deleted, you will keep anything that you already have, so you can apply them to the new gear if you want. But my advice is that if you have multiple characters, try to put the skins that you want for them in their warehouse or cube, if you have skins applied on tradeable gear or even costumes, they might become untradeable and you wouldn't even be able to put them in account warehouse probably, just in case.