YES or NO 6.2 Brand NEW SERVER OPEN ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• People that play on the old servers are against the new servers from opening for the reason being that when such a thing will occur the highly geared only will remain on the old servers to fight themselves, which they will not like.

Meanwhile the ungeared reroll on the new servers where there won't be many people running around in even red gear right from the get go, this is a logical choice of action that maximizes used time and chances of acquiring better gear faster than if you were to start on the old servers.
    • Except that people from the old servers that don't want a new server don't realize is that the majority of those "reroll" people wont be playing the game any further if the only option was the old servers.

@Noctis aion servers are empty for years now, yet you play the game still. And you comment "people don't want to play empty servers"

Implying it has nothing to do with empty servers as people are still playing on empty servers LUL
    • It's no difference, new server or not, new players will get rekt in any cross server activity. Or are u telling me world zerg pvp matters anything?

I just don't want split community over 67 servers. Aion EU has a decent playerbase but its so split, it makes for a bad game.

Spliting it even more is a big nono.

You can't just pay attention to what new players want while completely screwing up old player's servers. Altho after today, i dont even care.
    • Delusions.

GameForge won't open 2 new servers, at best they may open 1 new server for returning users or not.

Regardless of what you believe facts remain written in stone, and fact is, a player in legendary gear will always obliterate a player in gold gear.

New players won't like that, they WILL choose the newest server to avoid this.

The compensated gear players will receive will be, for around 4 months, the best PvP gear in the entire game.

It's easy to see reason, here, I will show you the way to reason and logic.

GameForge opens 1 new international server and merges all the others of their respective language (Deyla + Hellion + Antriksha; Urtem + Hyperion; Thor + Loki)...Barus is barused because it's one of a kind, sorry Barus.

Why they do not wish to do so is because of the language barriers which exist in Deyla, Hellion and Antriksha, by the works of their own hands they have made these complications and by their works they pay the consequences of their actions.

You don't seem to understand just how much better gear is worthy of note here, I have seen it however first hand. Not even Kaisinel transformation gives you any hope of victory.
    • A new server is crucial for the long term well being of the population and the game, it's just the truth at the moment. The population dropped drammatically after the 6.x announcement in korea back in january and that is a fact.

The endgame content takes place in Lakrum, which is a single, specular open world map that brings the pvp back to 24/7 akaron/katalam style.

With the current compensation system and without a new server, every single new or even a returning player will end up hating that map to death. They're just too much behind and that is another fact.

TL;DR ?

NO NEW SERVER = FEW NEW/RETURNING PLAYERS WHICH WILL PROBABLY QUIT FOR GOOD UPON SETTING FOOT IN LAKRUM DEALING WITH THE COMPENSATED PLAYERS

NEW SERVER (JUST ONE)= POPULATION BOOST, BALANCED LAKRUM MAP, MORE MONEY FOR THE PUBLISHERS(££$$€€iukwim), and most important for me I come back to the game.

Please like if you agree.
    • New server would be just fine if they actually merged the old server on the last merge. Now that the old servers aren't so populated, it's really questionable if it's worth it or not. Probably to the new players that have no gear, and for all the returning ones, new server is a good solution. For the old players, not really.
    • Noctis wrote:

It's no difference, new server or not, new players will get rekt in any cross server activity. Or are u telling me world zerg pvp matters anything?
      There is no info that possible new server(s) is/are going to share same integrated/instance/cross server. It might get separated one. This is how it was done on RU and it works for now. I don't see any problem in finding opponents in any arena / battleground. The key to short queues for battlegrounds is balance between factions. If we have similar number of applying Elyos and Asmos everything works fine. But when we have more players on one faction, there are more of them waiting in queue to find opponents who are less numerous. So Gameforge should close character creation for one faction instantly when its population is going 5% higher than opposite faction.

I understand players on old servers. They want continue to play on healthy populated servers. In the other hand there are many returning players who would like to enjoy game on new server. I can see only one solution which would please both sides. Merge old servers again (Deyla + Hellion + Antriksha and maybe + Barus, Urtem + Hyperion, Thor + Loki), create just one new, international server and keep it on separated cross server for few months until there is significant difference in gear. Is this way we would have 4 healthy servers and everyone could enjoy game in the way how he likes.
    • Doesn't matter even if merges happen.

Elyos side one every server are AFK and nubish anyway.

Merges will ofc bring more AFKrs in one spot on Elyos side.
      :cookieshugo:
    • Livo wrote:

Noctis wrote:

It's no difference, new server or not, new players will get rekt in any cross server activity. Or are u telling me world zerg pvp matters anything?
      There is no info that possible new server(s) is/are going to share same integrated/instance/cross server. It might get separated one. This is how it was done on RU and it works for now. I don't see any problem in finding opponents in any arena / battleground. The key to short queues for battlegrounds is balance between factions. If we have similar number of applying Elyos and Asmos everything works fine. But when we have more players on one faction, there are more of them waiting in queue to find opponents who are less numerous. So Gameforge should close character creation for one faction instantly when its population is going 5% higher than opposite faction.

I understand players on old servers. They want continue to play on healthy populated servers. In the other hand there are many returning players who would like to enjoy game on new server. I can see only one solution which would please both sides. Merge old servers again (Deyla + Hellion + Antriksha and maybe + Barus, Urtem + Hyperion, Thor + Loki), create just one new, international server and keep it on separated cross server for few months until there is significant difference in gear. Is this way we would have 4 healthy servers and everyone could enjoy game in the way how he likes.
      You played also on "new" server and you saw what happened.

What do you think this time GameForge will check closely the population between elyos and asmos?

It will be the same story for those 2 servers like others 4. (1st step merge with old servers on cross-server, PvP/PvE dungeons, 2nd step merge with old server because low population or 1 faction is overpopulated the other.)
    • Buburuza wrote:

Livo wrote:

Noctis wrote:

You played also on "new" server and you saw what happened.
      What do you think this time GameForge will check closely the population between elyos and asmos?

It will be the same story for those 2 servers like others 4. (1st step merge with old servers on cross-server, PvP/PvE dungeons, 2nd step merge with old server because low population or 1 faction is overpopulated the other.)
      Thats exacly whats going to happen, we already have some factions with really low population a new server wont help in anything its not like we are going to get many new players even the old ones are already thinking about to pass this patch cause of the current bullnyerks going on with HUS exchange and transformation scrolls.