YES or NO 6.2 Brand NEW SERVER OPEN ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• calm down guys, they are gonna open new server.

The main issue is about old server, ans they said depending on populations on these old server after patch they might fusion them.

Personally I think they need to be fusionned.

Less old server repacked in 1/3 is the best
    • Layyumi wrote:

Eggsdee wrote:

a new server wont help in anything
      well it would. many people who consider doing pvp in 6.2 while being on a server like loki asmo where you never win any sieges and get farmed in open due to faction imbalance would potentially reroll. where would they roll? thats right. on deyla asmo, loki elyos where dont lose 100% of the time. so not getting a new server would only make faction imbalance worse. and more people would quit because of it. i myself am by the way one of them. IF i play without a new server for sure i wont be staying on loki asmo.
      Who can garantee u that if u get a new server it will be balanced ? As far as ive seen on Grendal there was a big inbalance aswell, also i hate people that leaves from a server were their faction is losing to join ez mode, what about the people on Loki asmo they will all re-roll aswell and leave the asmo side empty?! Its not by creating new servers that it will balance anything, that will actually create more inbalance since the ez mode kids will re-roll to the new server.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eggsdee ().

• What if you make the new servers non-p2w ?So people who spent money and are willing and can afford to have an easy way can choose the old servers and those who just want a fair playground can choose the new? Like , you are not able to purchase transformation scrolls, 20% pots , enchantment stones , u can buy only gold pack , skins , and convinient items? No ? too much? oh okay.

There was a game that did that some months ago but failed because they couldnt resist not adding p2w lol.
    • Well if it ever made sense to open a new server - it is now.

The thing is a lot of people are considering to try the game again and a new server would be a good nudge for them to chose to do so. Especially for ones, who didn’t play much of 5.whatever or followed the game during that period. Most People that I talked with, who I played with ages ago were positive about coming back when new server got announced and became hesitant when it became kinda sorta like prolly canceled

I mean you could even get some new players players out of it. Aion should be in the “new and updated” tab on steam after the update, so it should be very noticeable to people, who browse “mmorpg” tag often. Put “new server” “new dawn” or some similar crap on the banner and some will bite.
      Not to mention the early content in 6.2 is very new player friendly compared to other versions: it’s clean, less tedious, hell you might get some positive reviews out of it.
      While I understand a good portion of the new players will leave eventually( not everyone can play the same game for 8 years, some are “mmo hoppers”), some of them will spend money ingame and give you revenue that otherwise wouldn’t be there.

Yes, some ( considerably less though) returning/new players will try the update if no new server is opened, but they are far more likely to quit in the old servers, where they will face some serious difficulties.
      Even if the exchanged gear itself isn’t the biggest deal in the world ( since it’s not the best gear ingame and should equalise eventually) - all the stuff that could have been prefarmed will make it unbearable for new players or people coming back from a long break.
      For a start, old players who prefarmed will have hundreds if not thousands of purple enchantment stones as an exchange from omegas and holy upgrade serums. These seem crucial in enchanting and have limited sources ingame, so older players will breeze trough earlier enchantment stages while new and returned ones, who didn’t play during 5.x, will have to grind and pray for positive rng.
      Secondly, people will be running with exchanged legendary one time transformations for months, while people who make new chars are going to be forced to run with way slower ones, which will be hella frustrating.
      Not to mention deavanonion skills from goldbars, returned kinah along with goldbars, kept stigmas, 1h scrolls even maybe(?), it all adds up.

I get that people who played the game longer should have some advantages, but in a patch that promises a “new dawn” it seems like it’s going to be harder to catch up than randomly dropping in 5.x patch.

Also you already sent out promotion emails to people with daevas tavern attached, where you’re saying there will be new servers and not everyone are following the forums.

Personally I will still try the patch even if a new server isn’t opened, even if it seems kinda scary, but many people will just move on and wait for a newer new dawn.
    • @Hizamaruu

GP is p2w already with VR, you know "Veteran"... What has $ to do with veteran, no clue. :love:

Besides, its a nice theory, you had that back in patches before 4.x arrival with plumes, accs encha and so on. Then all the stinky p2w road actualy begin... It will never retrieve its former glory, now is just milking its final followers. :asmile:
    • Saykuun wrote:

@Hizamaruu

GP is p2w already with VR, you know "Veteran"... What has $ to do with veteran, no clue. :love:

Besides, its a nice theory, you had that back in patches before 4.x arrival with plumes, accs encha and so on. Then all the stinky p2w road actualy begin... It will never retrieve its former glory, now is just milking its final followers. :asmile:
      I dont think anyone would mind it , even if u buy it so u can sell it on broker , u help out another player , so its a win win . And still the GP rewards that VR give are no match to those items that are planned to be sold on item shop. Even if someone buys 200 GP and sell them , i wouldnt mind since it will supply lots of people.

There is simply NO WAY , they will do these , because they are who they are but juuust saying :whistling:
    • Eggsdee wrote:

Layyumi wrote:

Eggsdee wrote:

a new server wont help in anything
      well it would. many people who consider doing pvp in 6.2 while being on a server like loki asmo where you never win any sieges and get farmed in open due to faction imbalance would potentially reroll. where would they roll? thats right. on deyla asmo, loki elyos where dont lose 100% of the time. so not getting a new server would only make faction imbalance worse. and more people would quit because of it. i myself am by the way one of them. IF i play without a new server for sure i wont be staying on loki asmo.
      Who can garantee u that if u get a new server it will be balanced ? As far as ive seen on Grendal there was a big inbalance aswell, also i hate people that leaves from a server were their faction is losing to join ez mode, what about the people on Loki asmo they will all re-roll aswell and leave the asmo side empty?! Its not by creating new servers that it will balance anything, that will actually create more inbalance since the ez mode kids will re-roll to the new server.
      since all your arguments are invalid i wont continue this
    • Saykuun wrote:

Except that no1 buys it and sells it on the broker to help another player... They do it for kinah, that will be used for gearing project... you know what p2w means right? :atongue:
      ofcourse they do it for kinah , but they would help other players indirectly , they gotta have revenue somehow , they are not a charity. Aion is being know as a hard p2w game , they could even use it as a way of ad . Even big games like wow have a way to pay for their sub ingame.
    • Well tbh new server is the only option for new and returning players (like myself,played the game back in 2009 and up to the lvl 65 cap on and off,Sillus mountain soundtrack anyone?) and I got at least 8 other people interested in trying this "NEW" Aion again (i know 8 won't fill the bank but you know xD), and they sure won't play on old servers where they wont have any fun in open world brawls getting stomped and punished for months just cause they haven't played the game in the last few years. Hell I even had gold pack status activated and ticking up to few months ago even tho I haven't touched the game
      I dunno, New dawn? New begining? New Server? Yes? One is enough,we can handle foreigners spamming stuff in their native language, jajaja,sprzeczny,sa,as, and all that
    • boybye wrote:

Well tbh new server is the only option for new and returning players (like myself,played the game back in 2009 and up to the lvl 65 cap on and off,Sillus mountain soundtrack anyone?) and I got at least 8 other people interested in trying this "NEW" Aion again (i know 8 won't fill the bank but you know xD), and they sure won't play on old servers where they wont have any fun in open world brawls getting stomped and punished for months just cause they haven't played the game in the last few years. Hell I even had gold pack status activated and ticking up to few months ago even tho I haven't touched the game
      I dunno, New dawn? New begining? New Server? Yes? One is enough,we can handle foreigners spamming stuff in their native language, jajaja,sprzeczny,sa,as, and all that
      its not the only option, you have several options