Pinned General Feedback Thread - Aion A New Dawn - 6.0 Beta

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is more of a suggestion for when the patch comes out on official servers.

It would be a reeeeeeally good idea to give level 80 players a non-p2w event (probably during christmas only) where it would be possible to obtain one ancient transformation of their choosing (because getting a cast speed transformation on a glad is useless for example). This would be only one transformation per account (no matter how many characters you have) and only during christmas, which means one per year. Hell, could even make it a one-time only thing per account.
      The only reason im saying this is because, after playing this game for years and years, it's pretty disheartening that only ancient transformations (and up) give you the movement/attack speed that we currently have with scrolls in 5.8 (and prior patches). Sorry but attacking slow is so triggering. I'm currently playing chanter on PTS and i mostly pop Word of Wind off cooldown just to prevent myself from ripping my hair out.

Another option would be to add transformation contracts to hero trials which would actually probably be the most logical option.

As for everything else in the patch, it all looks great so far.
    • Lyah wrote:

A full red geared player cannot be beaten by a yellow or violet geared player even with kaisinel form
      And when a full red player with best xform meets a full red player with low tier xform, who wins in your opinion?!
      Come on now... why do I have to explain it?! Isn't it painfully obvious?!
      Sooner or later we'll all have red gear AND the outcome of a fight will be decided by how big is the difference between the xform we'll use.
      And... (please indulge me here)... if top xforms are exclusive to high paying customers and the rest of the players will only dream of it, what do you think will happen to Aion???

This patch is too awesome and it will suck too see it fail to a lousy xform scroll.
    • I agree with everything Doombolt said. This Kaisinel Form is terrifying :( 6.x Patch is better than 5.x - the only thing ruining 6.x is the kaisinel form and the minions...we have pet system already, no need for this additional bullshit minion system.
      Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014
      Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015
      Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016
      Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018
      Nergal: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-Present
    • Here is my list:

-Give the exact same items to everyone, not just the ones that got into the youtuber program, this is a pts server to test and give feedback, so be it.
      Makes no sense to give abys point and nothing else, what we gonna do with those abys point ? are you teasing us ? do you even know your own game ?

-Include additional enchant stones on that pack of items that only some players got, because you added there lots of materials to upgrade the ancient and legendary equipment but there is almost no enchants at all nor the actual items to enchange the ancient set, makes no sense, you want us to farm the quest for 2 weeks to be able to gear up ? we have no time to do that, you cant upgrade to ultimate gear, you need to add about x1000 legendary enchant stones or even more to upgrade into ultimate, but since that would take alot of time to upgrade, just give the ultimate stones and makes us a favor saving the time to click for hours just to upgrade the set and test it.

-Remove the npcs from main citys that have the exact same items like on the UI pop up shop, the ones from gold ingots and kinah, because if they remain there, there is x2 limit increase, because those dont share the limit, you can buy for example 1 box with a daevation skill for 200 gold ingots from the npc and then at the same time buy it from the windows that pops with the icon on the UI.

-Increase the drop rate of the open world by x2 or even x3 the default value (specialy because of manastones), even with that it would be still low, i can sit here and write the reasons why, but since its gonna get ignored i think im gonna save my time and asume this is not gonna happen, but had to say it because the current rate is not even worth for a bot runing 24/7 i could save the light that cost that pc runing and spend it on cash shop instead, maybe that is the whole point of it.

-Remove the p2w items from luna, this have no excuse, thats just out of place, ancient pvp/pve enchant stones could be okay (is not but well, we can accept it because p2w players need something from the cash shop to sell ingame to other players to make kinah so they can craft gear and be op over the f2p players) but legendary pvp enchant stones cross the line, thats already unaceptable, this is already too much p2w, actualy the most p2w stuff, transformations are not even a litle fraction of p2w next to this.

-Remove the restriction of untradeable consumables on the exclusive potions and foods from the cash shop, you dont care who buys them, you just want them to be bought, so make them tradeable and you will sell more, simple as that, im not gonna give here the reasons why players want them tradeable because you dont care, ill give just the reasons why you should make them tradeables, because p2w players will be able to buy them to sell them on broker to the f2p players, the exact same reason as ancient enchant stones and goldpacks, if they are tradeable, they reach more players and there is more demand, so you make more money, like that right ? money dude, do it.

-Change the luna weekly reset of one of the entrys (the pvp reward one) and make it daily like the other (the pve reward one), the rates sux anywhay but since the content of this patch its very limited and you have nothing to do, let us atleast waste our time on this, also that will add additional suply of pvp enchant stones (it will not because the rates sux but atleast we have the ilusion of it)

-Increase the amount of legendary enchant stones and stigma enchant stones bastly, like alot, ive already suggested this on the other post, and where to add them also Suggestions to make 6.2 playable

-Increase the stigma bag ingame source (the actual stigma skills) because on this patch they are very very rare, i could explain why but im gonna skip that too, if you know the game, you know the sources of this stigmas are very very rare and it should not be like that, it was never like that, and those stigmas are not destroyed nor enchanged from the previous patch, making them so fking hard to get now just makes the new player experience worse, even more if posible.

-Increase the kinah rate from many sources ingame, like quest, drops from boses and stuff with limited entry etc, i explained abit the same on the other post, just repeating the same again.

And pretty much thats it, you want feedback ? here u go, here u have the reasons of why players will quit the game in 2 weeks max and how to fix it.

-Enchant stones, Manastones, Stigmas, Contracts (both minion and transformations) and Kinah

This items have very very low suply on ingame sources, the game experience feels so restricted on the gearing progress and so p2w (like always no, even worse) that very few players will stay if you dont really take your time to actualy play your own game by youself and test it like a f2p player to see if this is truly like im explaining or not and if truly needs a rework on suply or not, anyway the mass storm of hate will come in two weeks like it happened on kor and ru, here will be the exact same because it carry the exact same problems and you are not fixing them, you actualy are making it worse because the prices of the cash shop are crazy expensive next to kor/ru like always, so yeah you just following the same path you had till now.

At the end we can understand it, you burned the playerbase and now there is very few left, its normal that you want to make the most profit posible now instead of trying to keep the players.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Daeny ().

• Ashandarey wrote:

@Z|A|C|H As far as I am aware minions are nerfed, specailly in pvp and wont be a factor. Doubt that GF can remove the whole minion system, but maybe they can disable Kaisinel form only.
      this is probably the best solution i've seen so far along with a way to get contract scrolls ingame.
      remove the highest form as it is absolutely disgusting and messes with class balance aswell (i.e. everyone is speed capped and speed boost skills will be nullified)
    • So what´s the point of the PTS if only a selected group of people will have full access to the new items? Like, what are we even testing, "training" a fresh start for the new server? The PTS is supposed to fully available to the whole community, not just a scrap of it. You want to open new servers depending on how many people will play the PTS and how many players will come back, when they can´t even test out properly anything on a beta to see if it´s even worth coming back. Either give all the testing content to everyone or there´s seriously no point of the PTS.
    • Kotori wrote:

So what´s the point of the PTS if only a selected group of people will have full access to the new items? Like, what are we even testing, "training" a fresh start for the new server? The PTS is supposed to fully available to the whole community, not just a scrap of it. You want to open new servers depending on how many people will play the PTS and how many players will come back, when they can´t even test out properly anything on a beta to see if it´s even worth coming back. Either give all the testing content to everyone or there´s seriously no point of the PTS.
      The funny thing is that not even those selected players have the acces to the needed items to test the patch properly because the brilliant mind behind it had no idea what to actualy give.
      They make a big misstake if they dont give lots of stuff to test, because the players will realice how the patch actualy is and what situation they will find on live servers without any free stuff to test and they will not even start, they will make the decision to quit and not give a try from the experience of the pts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Daeny ().

• The transofmation thing is quite bothersome. Without them everything feels slow and boring.

This will restrict even for pve aswell pvp. I can already see how people will shout only for it as requirements to join groups, therefore excluding yet again people for doing anything and those that got money and can buy from Aionstore will be top again telling people not to complain.
      :cookieshugo:
    • I do hope this pts shop is just that, a 'PTS SHOP'.
      You can basically buy every single thing from there its hilarious.
      Launch servers with this kind of shop and watch them die in the matter of days. This shop is pure but pure p2w in its most disgusting way especially the transformations part.

Looking forward to the new update ... NOT!
    • This is EASILY both the best AND WORST patch in AION's history.

This transformation system is the biggest bollocks system ever created in a game... Not only it completely breaks any immersion and makes all the money you spend on making your character look good wasted (the transparent scrolls are expensive AF btw and kinah are precious af cuz all consumables are EXPENSIVE AF), but the Kaisinel transformation should not even exist.

The prices for these contract scrolls are insane. Sure It's to prevent everyone p2w-ing them. But if buying them from the shop is the only way to get them... then they should be available for one coin each lol... Having attack/running speed is ESSENTIAL to AION's combat, you know, the only thing that keeps players playing this game? I just read a dude saying on LFG that he spent 26k AION coins on PTS and got only white and green transformations. How much euro is 26k coins huh? And to Lyah, this "combining" is completely useless btw. You get so few dupes spending 2k coins (100 Euro..) that you will pretty much 98% get another green from the ones you combine. This is completely game breaking. Old scrolls should have been implemented in the magical crafting system and this transformation system should not have existed AT ALL...

At this point the ONLY way to save this patch from being complete and utter failiure is to:
      1: DELETE KAISINEL FORM - selling GODMODE in the cash shop as the ONLY way to obtain in is NOT OK.(The kinah contract is worse than the shop one, which makes your hopes of getting even a gold xform less than fkn 1%?..)
      2. Make contracts RAIN FROM THE SKY.. From Luna instances, from dungeons, from quests, reduce 13kk price to 500k .. ANYTHING. But purple forms should be the maximum you can get.

Also it's bs that only kaisinel form allows you to further than the atk speed cap.... so even with wow/bestial/mau form I'll still have 1.2 atk speed while a glad with not a single atk speed buff will have 0.9? Completely stupid.

I know NONE of this is Gameforge's fault by the way. As it stands right now the game is NOT p2w. Everyone still need to farm their gear manually just like f2p players. And the amount of money you have to spend on xforms to get a decent one is so high that maybe 2-3 people per server will have it. That's not really p2w if nobody is "winning" over you.. However everything still boils down to NCsoft's dumb transformation system.. I hate this thing with enough passion to light another star up in our solar system I swear..

//rant

• Just replying on the fact that we got some enchantstones extra like 50 pvp and 50 pve violet, it was enough barely to make 1 piece +15 and upgrade it.
      I can tell you that even gameforge moderators and team members trying the game started like you with nothing and i can guarantee you bc i have them in legion on pts.
      I know it sounds bad but i think pts is more for returning players and new players to test by themself how easy is to level up and rewarding doing open pvp and pve.
      You dont need ultimate gear to test the game and how it will feel at the start of the patch on the live server. Basically you are experiencing the fact that some ppl will start with violet gear coz of the compensation and other wonts. I agree to increse the rate of violet stones and kinah, but i think with hero trials and shugomat when they will be up again wont be any problem anymore, i suggest also to add a violet stone (a roll one)at the end of major istances (narakkalli+holytower and so on). +give us ftp events and not ptw ones. Would be great patch

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lyah ().

• Lyah wrote:

Just replying on the fact that we got some enchantstones extra like 50 pvp and 50 pve violet, it was enough barely to make 1 piece +15 and upgrade it.
      Thanks god someone finaly said the word that opens the magic box.

Lets see, quick math, 50 pvp legendary stones for 1 upgrade from yellow to purple, (it could be even double that - 100 stones, but lets say 50)

We need 16 (17 if two weapons) items for full set, 50x16=800
      Lets say u get 10 per week (you actualy get way less, if not lucky it can be half)
      800/10=80 weeks thats 1 year an 8 months at best.

We talking about purple +0, not even red, nor manastones nor reroll stats nor anything else.

Wake up boys, this is 6.2
    • Lyah wrote:

i suggest also to add a violet stone (a roll one)at the end of major istances (narakkalli+holytower and so on).
      I dont think here should exist anymore "Roll on stones", instead there should be personal boxes at the end that everyone can get who are in the party and got a "chance" of getting a stone when opening it.

Currently with Cross-servers etc. it's been a issue of ninjas trying to roll on everything. This actually been a issue since beginning and personal boxes been hindering ninjas (gear etc.) so they should not take steps back and make items rollable between members, so they can be ninjad.

This would also mean less work for Aionfreetoplay support team, so that they dont get reports and complaints about ninjas all the time.

Personal boxes would be best option, that got a chance of dropping stone when opening.
      :cookieshugo: