Regarding the 2 new servers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Regarding the 2 new servers

Hey @Galeas

I've made the post on the forums instead of sending it as a ticket to the support because I don't have enough to say about it that would warrant a ticket being sent rather than a forum post.

I agree that opening new servers is a good idea for the returning player as well as the new player.

At this point in time however I STRONGLY suggest that we open 1 international server and closely monitor that server's population, while having the second server ready to be opened.

The logic behind this way of doing things is that, by opening just 1 server we eliminate the possibility of the player base being too split apart across the two servers and thus creating 2 new servers with low population.

This will help us by making the first new server populated, and, if it reaches a desirable level of players we can then proceed to open the second server, so as to prevent issues such as lag in game from overpopulation.

I believe this would be the best way of proceeding with things and our current population.
    • Rym wrote:

Hey @Galeas

I've made the post on the forums instead of sending it as a ticket to the support because I don't have enough to say about it that would warrant a ticket being sent rather than a forum post.

I agree that opening new servers is a good idea for the returning player as well as the new player.

At this point in time however I STRONGLY suggest that we open 1 international server and closely monitor that server's population, while having the second server ready to be opened.

The logic behind this way of doing things is that, by opening just 1 server we eliminate the possibility of the player base being too split apart across the two servers and thus creating 2 new servers with low population.

This will help us by making the first new server populated, and, if it reaches a desirable level of players we can then proceed to open the second server, so as to prevent issues such as lag in game from overpopulation.

I believe this would be the best way of proceeding with things and our current population.
      Yes we definitely need to monitor it. Nothing is set in stone yet.We want to avoid opening servers blindly just for the sake of it. But if necessary (because servers are full) we will open some. We are preparing to be able to be reactive on this.
    • I really dont see servers getting full, many are saying already that they wont play because of the godmode transformation.

Old ones are even considering quitting if people will have them.

Myself included: Because if I start to play and I notice there are again people running with godmode because they have more money than others, I will quit the game because I been waiting and hoping for equal possibilities for everyone with gear and boosts. PvP aspect should always be equal with gear and same possibilities, that is the real fun of the pvp.

When it became unequal it was already going down, thats why Aion lost so much players. Clearly there wasn't learned from mistakes.

If you really wanna make all this silly boost stuff etc. put it on pve instead.

So servers will never get filled if things look like it is.
      :cookieshugo:
    • I agree with this, we should only have one server. I don't mind seeing German on LFG, I mean, if it's in German it's not meant for me to read.

Should be just 1 international server. Unless somehow they know for sure they have a lot of German players waiting on a new server, maybe they advertise it there in Germany. Doubt it tho.

[NICK]tuhka wrote:

Because if I start to play and I notice there are again people running with godmode because they have more money than others
      Only if it's the ultimate form, because I know the other forms are an achievable goal. However I don't want to see even the second best form, within the first, at least, 1 month of Aion. But I think that is an impossible dream, people will p2w, and they will get better forms than a f2p user.

[NICK]tuhka wrote:

I been waiting and hoping for equal possibilities for everyone
      That dream has been shattered already, unless you're part of the minority, I assume you play on old server, well you will soon learn the difference between Legendary, and what you can get. And how you will get destroyed until you catch up, which is RNG how long might take you.

The only "equal", as equal as it can be, is on a new server.
    • People might be equal on new server at start, until the first event, which will come very soon probably. I also want to add here that winter is coming, aka lottery in december (3 months). Then it’s over with equality, on old and on new server.
      Stop dreaming that a new server will solve any gear difference problems or that you can escape p2w there, you can’t.
      Btw, 1 new server is enough, it won’t be full, at least not after a week when the majority got bored already.
    • Due to 6.2 being such a big update, a new server makes sense, however I don't think one should be added because there are already too many servers in Aion, multiple dead servers already exist.

Same thing will happen with 6.2, the attraction for Aion 6.2 is great but it's not gonna bring enough to populate a server and keep it healthy.
    • Galeas wrote:

Rym wrote:

Hey @Galeas

Yes we definitely need to monitor it. Nothing is set in stone yet.We want to avoid opening servers blindly just for the sake of it. But if necessary (because servers are full) we will open some. We are preparing to be able to be reactive on this.
      Lol! Do you even believe yourself?
    • Antriksha will become more dead.

People are already talking to make new characters on other servers. So if new servers come what will happen? ofc they will go to the new server instead of staying on the old one.

I already yesterday ran 2 hours in enemy lands without finding a enemy even running outside their guards entrances. I found 3 bots tho.
    • [NICK]tuhka wrote:

Antriksha will become more dead.

People are already talking to make new characters on other servers. So if new servers come what will happen? ofc they will go to the new server instead of staying on the old one.

I already yesterday ran 2 hours in enemy lands without finding a enemy even running outside their guards entrances. I found 3 bots tho.
      You can join us and make a new char or you can keep camp bots.
    • So when new servers become dead, I hope for another new server to open so I can start again and again and again all the time? :P

Instead of focusing on something that stayed longer time?

If I had to chose creating a character, would I chose new server or for example populated Deyla? Hmm... I might go for Deyla more likely, because I know there is already a existing community, there are actually players active.