(Possibly) Returning Player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Possibly) Returning Player

Good Day!

I have been playing Aion since western beta back at NCSoft under the p2p-model and quit at some point during the 60 cap for whatever reason I can't even remember right now.

Anyway, let's start with the reason I made another one of these threads.

First of all, I am confused. I am met with the usual amount of servers even though there have been expansions and merges going on over time.
      But how the actual fvck did it get to a point where there is not a single English-only server? Based on more than a decade of online gaming experience I basically have to assume that in a server labelled as "EN/ES" or "EN/IT" I have to expect seeing more Spanish or Italian than English - If not exclusively. Also, I will not be able to expect anybody to speak English. To me, that is a huge concern and an instant turn-off for a hypothetical "comeback".

Could anyone please explain the situation to me and what the servers are like?

All things considered, would you say it is still worth coming back for some fun? Is there any to be had?
      (I used to be a very competetive player, always trying to push the edge and min-max but these days... I already know of all the p2w stuff and I don't even have the time for that kind of dedication anymore. Nonetheless, I would like to be able to at least play all the PvE content and have a fair chance in PvP against most players. Please take that into consideration)

Also, this is kind of linked to the first point, I basically don't know anyone in this game anymore. I would be very happy about legion- and friend requests as well as anybody willing to help me find my way back into the game.
    • There's 6.2 incoming this September 19th and possibly gf going to open new server(s)

I'd advise you to wait it out until then, as leveling going to be far more easier than it is now. Only managed to get my main on Deyla to 72 in a month of playing. I'm on holiday until 9th so I'm not playing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by deanyosla ().

• Since you quit the game from such a long time, If you play now you'll also risk to saturate yourself with lots of infos and stuff that will be useless after 6.2, cause it's basically a revamp of the game almost like "Aion 2". And there's not much time for the release so it's best to just wait a bit, and they will probably at least open 1 new server and you'll be good to go.
    • For the gibbrish language, say thanks to gf who wanted to milk lang specific server, they thought these people dont understand give me your $ in english .. so they translated that to their own language. :alol:

Then when that failed, cause deh, p2w fails in any language decided to screw the few eng too, by merging with gibrish. Check antriksha and beloved kebab masters. Rip Per & Nex.

Eh, everything gf does seems like designed for epic fails. :atongue:

PS: if you quit in 3.x you won't feel any connection anymore, game used to be fair and fun back then, you could gain anything to max ingame, not on gf shop (aka serums, apes, etc).
    • Thanks for all the quick answers! Certainly did not expect that.

I guess I am going to give 6.2 a whirl on the PTS and see what it feels like. If I do like it I should try to keep my hopes up for a new english-only server on release :3
    • Jiwon wrote:

Thanks for all the quick answers! Certainly did not expect that.

I guess I am going to give 6.2 a whirl on the PTS and see what it feels like. If I do like it I should try to keep my hopes up for a new english-only server on release :3
      Just take in mind that the current desing of 6.2 its huge cash shop oriented and you will not be able to progress your character nor adquire certain stuff regarding gearing progres past certain point if you dont spend huge amount of money, there is many exclusive cash shop consumables and stuff like that, those are needed 100% in order to be able to pvp in equal conditions and stuff like that.

The good old days of aion where with dedication you could gear up and be on top without spending money is over, just wanted to let you know that so you dont get disapointed after.
    • Daeny wrote:

Jiwon wrote:

Thanks for all the quick answers! Certainly did not expect that.

Just take in mind that the current desing of 6.2 its huge cash shop oriented and you will not be able to progress your character nor adquire certain stuff regarding gearing progres past certain point if you dont spend huge amount of money, there is many exclusive cash shop consumables and stuff like that, those are needed 100% in order to be able to pvp in equal conditions and stuff like that.
      The good old days of aion where with dedication you could gear up and be on top without spending money is over, just wanted to let you know that so you dont get disapointed after.
      Thanks for the hint! I almost expected it to be that way. But what would you consider "huge" amounts of money and does the same apply to PvE? In PvP, as long as I have somewhat of a chance against most players, I'm fine. In PvE I would like to be able to clear everything without cash shop restrictions. Maybe not destroy meters obviously
    • If you only care for pve (aion is not the game for that, but hey) you can play fine. Pro'lly you can p2w for pve too, but i doubt some1 does it. So you'll be in line with all others.

As for pvp, sure, you can play. But 6.2 has 1 map, imagine eye in 3.x, you being a freshly 60 meeting some1 fully geared +15 a60, guess the result. Kinda what you'll feel vs p2w in 6.x, your chance may be hide in zergs over the map. :atongue:

As for whats considered huge amount of money, well Aion shop is like a roulete, it could be hundreds, or thousands... More going towards latest, since rng is "troll" designed.
    • Saykuun wrote:

If you only care for pve (aion is not the game for that, but hey) you can play fine. Pro'lly you can p2w for pve too, but i doubt some1 does it. So you'll be in line with all others.

As for pvp, sure, you can play. But 6.2 has 1 map, imagine eye in 3.x, you being a freshly 60 meeting some1 fully geared +15 a60, guess the result. Kinda what you'll feel vs p2w in 6.x, your chance may be hide in zergs over the map. :atongue:

As for whats considered huge amount of money, well Aion shop is like a roulete, it could be hundreds, or thousands... More going towards latest, since rng is "troll" designed.
      Damn... thanks! If I really enjoy 6.2 I might come for some PvE, PvP seems pointless as you describe it sadly... Are required items not obtainable/tradable at all? Or just obnoxiously expensive?

Also, I found this during my research:

Please tell me this is a joke and not coming ever?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jiwon ().

• [NICK]n00b wrote:

6.2 feels great, the only issue is how Gameforge will handle the balance between f2p and p2w. But as a game? It's probably the best f2p MMO out there. Outside the publisher of course.
      Just jumped into it and I am kind of dumbfounded about how fast the leveling process is... People are saying it will be the same on release. Is that a joke? They basically completely removed the leveling process and people who can't play at all won't even be put through force practice aka leveling anymore? I really enjoyed leveling...
    • Jiwon wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

6.2 feels great, the only issue is how Gameforge will handle the balance between f2p and p2w. But as a game? It's probably the best f2p MMO out there. Outside the publisher of course.
      Just jumped into it and I am kind of dumbfounded about how fast the leveling process is... People are saying it will be the same on release. Is that a joke? They basically completely removed the leveling process and people who can't play at all won't even be put through force practice aka leveling anymore? I really enjoyed leveling...
      Mate, when 5.* came out, it took experienced people 3 months to get to cap as a f2p user. You should be thankful they changed this aspect of the game.

It takes perhaps 2 days to get to cap, thank Rngesus, because the game is at the end level not the leveling process.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Jiwon wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Mate, when 5.* came out, it took experienced people 3 months to get to cap as a f2p user. You should be thankful they changed this aspect of the game.
      It takes perhaps 2 days to get to cap, thank Rngesus, because the game is at the end level not the leveling process.
      3 months seems fair enough, it's the basic concept of an MMORPG... In some games you aren't even supposed to ever hit the level cap, it's mathematically impossible. Might as well remove levels entirely then and call it a p2w moba or something like that. Not fond of this at all. Aion at its core also used to be at the leveling process. Getting to the old 50 or 55 cap was a slow process as well; maybe not as slow as 3 months though. Leveling up professions and gathering all at the same time... Everything went so out of sync when leveling became faster and faster until I had eventually quit but this is the pinnacle

[/quote]
      Current player base, age, attention span (whatever u want to call it) has changed a lot.
      The whole spending time to learn and level model doesn't work any more hence the change.
      I do like my leveling and things being harder but new audiences are not like that

Oath
    • Isehime wrote:

Jiwon wrote:

Also, I found this during my research:

Please tell me this is a joke and not coming ever?
      We already have this skill skins. They are optional and you have to buy them.
      Thanks for the response. In that case I might actually consider not playing... These look horrendous and completely break immersion. Those models are so low quality and ridiculous, who thought of that? And even worse - who thought this would be a good idea? Stuff like this shouldn't even pass the peer-review stage.
    • testtestlab wrote:

Well it's your choice to use or not. If you get the books you can still chose. I don't use them and sell them to other people that lila that kinda thing.
      I get that concept but immersion is already lost if somebody else uses it. Unless there is a way for me to turn it off for other people as well.