Shugo Gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Galeas wrote:

With the release of the major 6.0 update, Shugo Gold is no longer
      available from monster drops. Here are a few tips for getting to grips
      with the new system:

• With an active Gold Pack you’ll earn 30 Shugo Gold for logging in each day.
      • Shugo Gold can be spent for valuable items from the Shugo Vending Machine.
      • There are a range of bundles available from the Shugo Vending Machine which changes from time to time

So will we be able to keep old Shugo Gold? We dont have to spend it?

What does the "With active gold pack you'll earn 30 shugo gold for logging in each day" really mean? We get 30 shugo gold per day or we earn 30 shugo gold per goldpack?
      • Because most of us are interested in Mount for example and I consider the reward price 3500 ridicilous. (1200 for having a mount 30 days? Come on...)

So if it is 30 Shugo gold per day, we can achieve a mount in 117 days.

If it is 30 shugo gold per gold pack: we will receive the mount in 9.7 years.

Is it per character or per account only?

Not to mention looking at the other rewards, the whole Shugo Coin system is pointless in my opinion.

Only actualy useful item would be Gold Ingot for 30 points or Enchantmentstone for pvp / pve 900 points:

Yet again, if it is 30 shugo gold per day: 1 enchantment stone per gold pack.

If it is 30 shugo gold per goldpack: Will receive 1 enchantment stone in 9 months.

The New-Old Shugo Vending Machine

:cookieshugo:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Murskaaja ().

• [NICK]tuhka wrote:

Galeas wrote:

With the release of the major 6.0 update, Shugo Gold is no longer
      available from monster drops. Here are a few tips for getting to grips
      with the new system:

• With an active Gold Pack you’ll earn 30 Shugo Gold for logging in each day.
      • Shugo Gold can be spent for valuable items from the Shugo Vending Machine.
      • There are a range of bundles available from the Shugo Vending Machine which changes from time to time

So will we be able to keep old Shugo Gold? We dont have to spend it?
      What does the "With active gold pack you'll earn 30 shugo gold for logging in each day" really mean? We get 30 shugo gold per day or we earn 30 shugo gold per goldpack?
      • Because most of us are interested in Mount for example and I consider the reward price 3500 ridicilous. (1200 for having a mount 30 days? Come on...)

So if it is 30 Shugo gold per day, we can achieve a mount in 117 days.

If it is 30 shugo gold per gold pack: we will receive the mount in 9.7 years.

Not to mention looking at the other rewards, the whole Shugo Coin system is pointless in my opinion.

Only actualy useful item would be Gold Ingot for 30 points or Enchantmentstone for pvp / pve 900 points:

Yet again, if it is 30 shugo gold per day: 1 enchantment stone per gold pack.

If it is 30 shugo gold per goldpack: Will receive 1 enchantment stone in 9 months.

The New-Old Shugo Vending Machine

Clearly its 30 shugo gold per day.
    • I really dont know how else they would have to reiterate that so it is clear for you.

'With an active Gold Pack you’ll earn 30 Shugo Gold for logging in each day.'

Active gold pack -> yes
      30 shugo goldper day

Active gold pack -> no
      NO shugo gold

A more interesting question would be, where that shugo gold would land, if it is the 1st char you log or is it in the form of survey etc.
    • so basically one out of the 2 things that gf implemented to help f2p players possibly gathering a decent amount of transformation scrolls gives.. pretty much nothing, that's cool.

perhaps hero quests are next then..
    • @Galeas since (im guessing) people will only be using this to get a daily gold ingot for daevanion skills and knowing how important daevanion skills are in this patch, i would suggest adding something like:

"On top of this daily bonus, if you log in X days in a row, you get X extra gold ingots."

This is because it would take 200 days to get a daevanion skill box with shugo gold and they are random which means they can repeat themselves. This would certainly make gold pack more attractive.

EDIT: Also adding a box with transformation contracts would be good, or essencial, depending what your plans are with hero trials etc.
    • @Galeas I dont know what to say after seeing the news about shugo gold. Its just disgusting to see that to get ONE ENCHANTMENT STONE we will have to basically log 30 days. Those rewards are much worse than the current ones. I cant even think one reason that made you guys think that those rewards are ''decent'' or quite ''good'' without expecting the incoming complains and flame after players realize how overpriced is to even get a single enchantment stone from shugo gold.

Tbh, I dont know if its just me but all the hype I had for this patch is already gone by all the things I've seen in the past days. Cant wait to see how the patch slowly dies just because the greediness of gameforge decisions.
    • This publisher is so detached from the current version of the game that they cannot see beyond their shop.
      what about adding a box for 90 coins that contains the following items: one random ancient transformation scroll + legendary pvp/pve stone + like 20 gold ingots?
      After one month of daily logging aka one gold pack, the player will have enough gold for a daevanion skill (one skill per month, like is such a big deal...) 10 ancient xform scrolls, and few legendary stones(not like u can do to much with ten of them, but meh) instead of your current offer which offers nothing after a gold pack usage??
    • I agree prices are insane.
      A perma mount costs 3500 shugo gold.
      Getting 30 gold every day means you need 117 days or close to 4 months, if you login every day and don't forget to open the chest.
      And you can only get 1 chest per month per account, you don't share that chest with the other chars on that account. So you can't have a perma mount on all chars at the same time.
      If you have 2 alts and want to give them a mount as well, you need 1 year to have a perma mount on every char.
      With 11 chars, that's almost 4 years to give each one a perma mount and also means you have to completely ignore all the other rewards in that shugo machine for those 4 years or it will take even longer than that to have 11 perma mounts, which simply exist to get anywhere a bit faster, hardly an OP item.

And to get 1 legendary enchant stone every 30 days is insane as well.
      Login every day for 30 days in a row to have that 1 single stone go poof when you use it?
      Really?

Same with all other rewards, not only shugo gold rewards.

Long term goals also have their limits. When goals are beyond the reach of your players, they will simply give up and quit the game. Would you keep trying to climb a mountain IRL if you do nothing else than falling to the base of the mountain every time you're near the top for days/weeks/months in a row? Eventually you'll give up and find something that does give rewards instead of trying to reach the impossible.
      By the time any f2p (or even p2w) player gets the reward they want, the next version of Aion is around the corner, making your earnings seem like a waste and you can start over from scratch every time.

Same as those insane enchant rates. Hardly anyone makes a +15 item within a month because it simply keeps failing to reach +15.
      With a chance of 28%, going from +10 to +15 gives a chance of 28% ^ 5 = 0.17% chance to reach it.
      That means having to burn 588 stones on average (100% / 0.17%) to make 1 piece +15 (starting from +10, not +0), while you have 17 pieces of gear on your char.

Same as those transformation contracts.
      If you have 11 chars with gold pack and the 2 free contracts from shop, that's 13 contracts every week.
      If you need 6 whites to combine them into one green, and 6 green to combine into 1 yellow and so on, you need 6 white * 6 green * 6 yellow * 6 purple = 1296 contracts to have 1 kaisinel.
      This also is only valid when you have all contracts already so you only get doubles which you can use to combine instantly and this also is only valid if every combine succeeds 100% (6 doubles give a higher-tier contract). So expect it to take longer than the below calculation.
      1296 / 13 per week = 99 weeks, or close to 2 years. With the combine rng failing to give you a higher-tier contract (which isn't 100%), expect 3 years or more, depending on your luck.
      This means farming enough money with all 11 chars every week to buy one contract and have a success rate of 100% on every combine, which is also subject to rng.
      By the time you have that, Aion 8.0 will be here and you are facing even more contracts which will make it even harder to get the red one.

We play a game to have fun and make some progress regularly.
      We don't want a game where you play whole year and get nowhere at all because of stupid rng and insane prices.
      And when you finally get somewhere, you can throw it into the garbage or sell your hard earned stuff for 1 kinah because the next Aion patch makes your previous stuff useless.
      That's hardly fun at all and not rewarding as well.

Patch 6.x was made so f2p players can also reach ultimate stuff within a reasonable timeframe without spending 10h+ daily to get there, or so it was promoted anyways.
      It was meant to be a patch where p2w and f2p players both will be able to reach the top, but it clearly is pure p2w and sends a signal to f2p players to simply get lost.
      Not everyone has 1000 euros every month to buy enough mats to get ultimate gear in half a year or so.
      And not everyone has hours and hours to spend every day to get there.

The post was edited 9 times, last by PowerPC603 ().

• PowerPC603 wrote:

If you have 11 chars with gold pack and the 2 free contracts from shop, that's 13 contracts every week.

If you need 6 whites to combine them into one green, and 6 green to combine into 1 yellow and so on, you need 6 white * 6 green * 6 yellow * 6 purple = 1296 contracts to have 1 kaisinel.
      This also is only valid when you have all contracts already so you only get doubles which you can use to combine instantly and this also is only valid if every combine succeeds 100% (6 doubles give a higher-tier contract). So expect it to take longer than the below calculation.
      1296 / 13 per week = 99 weeks, or close to 2 years. With the combine rng failing to give you a higher-tier contract (which isn't 100%), expect 3 years or more, depending on your luck.
      This means farming enough money with all 11 chars every week to buy one contract and have a success rate of 100% on every combine, which is also subject to rng.
      By the time you have that, Aion 8.0 will be here and you are facing even more contracts which will make it even harder to get the red one.
      Not to mention that kaisinel is RNG you may or not get it. I did 10 attempts to combine 6 whites, 10 times the output was white :cookieshugo: , so yeah no hope for me, gold transformation here I come in 2061. :dislike: