Regarding the new servers and the whole 6.2 patch suggestion. A kinda different idea.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Regarding the new servers and the whole 6.2 patch suggestion. A kinda different idea.

It might be too late , i was planning to post that 2 days ago but forums went down.Just to clarify it from the beginning , i'm not delusional , i know the things that i'm gonna write down in this post won't happen but i feel the need to at least suggest it since i post it a feedback post and i want it here as a post more than a reply to a feedback post , incase gameforge decides to listen to its playerbase.

Okay so right of the start , when i go to the PTS website i see with huge letters the phrase : THE AION YOU ALWAYS WANTED , and that post will be the Aion i always wanted , the one i was promised back in 2.8 patch from gameforge when they took over but it was never delivered , at least after the first few months.

My suggestion is that they should open 1 international one , and not 2 but with a major difference , to be a non-pay to win server.By not pay to win i am talking specifically about Aion Shop. When someone joins the new server , their only option to buy stuff from item shop will be these :

Gold Packs , Character development packs , Equipment enhancement packs , Luna packs ,transparency transformation scrolls, Pets & Mounts , Skins,Emotes , furnitures , Boosts such as exp/ap/crafting and all the identity change tab as a whole .

Those who will join the new servers won't be able to buy : 20% potions , transformation scrolls ,PvP/PvE enchantment stones , Stigma enchantment Stones,Stigma bundles and manastones.

- Why should gameforge do this ?
      We are at ending of the Q3 2018 and the MMORPG genre as whole is not doing so well as it was doing the past years.There are only 2 or 3 MMORPGs with big names that are not p2w and all of them are buy to play or have subscription as well.All the other mmorpg both free to play and buy to play ones are pay to win. Pay to win is one of the major issues that turned down most of the population that quited the game after they got stomped by big whales. Aion might have a chance to prove themselfs. In the gameforge promised us back in 2012 that there wont be any p2w item in the item shop.

If this happens , it wont be 100% non-p2w since we don't know how gameforge will handle Luna Cube BUT the major way for someone who will spent real money so he can have advantage ingame will either be to sell all the items that would be available to him in item shop but it will help another player aswell .What i am implying here is this :
      (ms paint skills)

Before , if someone wanted to gain advantage with real money, there wasn't any need for interaction with other players ,there was a possible interaction but it was not forced. For example,someone could just buy an All powerful or a stigma enhancement stone and just try his luck out. But if my suggestion happens the payer will have to gain kinah for a non-paying user to provide him with a Gold pack for example then he will use the kinah to buy an enhancement stone from another player . There will be a win - win situation for all players.

-How gameforge will get their revenue ?

If they do this the most selling item will probably be the Gold Pack especially now with the new VR (calm down with long term VR and EVR tho, i mean the 80/80 that was a must for some people). Lets be real here , Aion is a subcription based game , not a free to play. Its unplayable without a gold pack . The Demand and Supply theory will most likely take effect since gold pack will have the most demand those who wish to gain that extra kinah without farming them will spent real money so they can provide? those who can't afford / don't want to spent. Seller will get their ingame money , buyer will get his Item shop item , in this case gold pack.Gameforge can also start promoting more seasonal items like skins , mounts and limited time only things in a way that will be a lot more appealling to the playerbase.In the end people that would want to spent money to get advantage over other will spent , even if it means thousands of money and those who cant or dont want to , they will not , but those who will pay they will provide the rest of the non-paying player base with services

-What about the old servers ?

The old server will stay as they are since it was years like this , players that continue play till this day , either have gotten used to it and they don't mind or they like it because they got the money or they are annoyed by it but they can fight it somehow.Also there is this part of the playerbase that actually like the promo events such as lottery , loot boxes and shugo game.

- How should they do it ??

Upon creating a new account or loggin in for the first time , player should be promted to the server selection screen and instead of giving a suggestion server they should give out some info regarding the new and old servers.
      Old servers will be a place for those who will want the "easy" because they will have more access to the Item shop , while the new server will have restricted access and more a hardcore experience (since they wont be able for example to get that much easily a transformation contract).

-What about the pvp matchmaking??

I really don't know how the current matchmaking is selecting its opponents and allies but they should do it like this :
      Look for matching players of the same server -> player found -> start the instance
      Look for matching players of the same server -> player not found after a certain time limit -> look for player on another server -> start instance

-What Aion EU will get from this ??

Community will get their 2012 promise fullfilled since there wont be any p2w aspects in this server.Aion will do a great comeback as a game because it will be a free to play title which u can actually play for free , eyes will fell upon it and it will get more crowded in these dire times of p2w/loot boxes era of mmorpg games and it will expand it lifespan as a game.More people will join , paying and non-paying so more people will pay for either cosmetic stuff or earn kinah from other players providing them with services.Gold pack prices will be more accessible than they are now for the non-paying players since it will be the main source of income for paying players and Gameforge. And finally Aion might get a more fair pvp "pro" scene from organized tournaments which participants wont be wallet warriors that earn their gear from item shop directly

Advertisement?
      I would suggest just like you said on a Daeva Tavern that you organize an advertisement campaign for the upcoming patch , to use that as a way to lure people in. Like " No pay to win " , "fair playground" and things like this. People in the MMORPG community are fed up with the whole p2w thing.Aion is known for 2 things , p2w and great pvp.Do delay the release of the 6.2 if necessary to do a great advertisment campaign regarding this thing.

A known game to the MMOPRG community tried to do this , but they failed . They reason they failed was because the company behind it couldn't resist not putting any p2w items. So if you decide to go with this , don't do the same mistake.

The majority of players either left the game because there was a lack of content or because they were disgusted by the p2w factor, why not then remove the second thing?

There are several free-to-play titles , not necessarly mmorpg , that they are trully non-p2w , they pay a lot of attention to their item shop , making it appealing to other players and making them wanting to buy stuff ,mainly cosmetic , and they do great because they got the population. More population = more people that will want to spent real money . Aion as a game not only has skins , it has weapon skins , mounts , a lot of potential to fill the Aion shop.I don't know , seems like a good timing for gameforge to do such thing...

My idea is not perfect , its free for suggestions from other players for aspects of this whole thing that i might have not thought about.
      I know gameforge won't bother with this , but to be honest , when the day comes and this great game will be dead and on the verge of shutting it down , i want the suggestion / option / solution to be here , posted and in that time mthey might realise what they did wrong .
    • Right now what makes the game p2w besides the transformation contract and the whole luna system, its the availability to make ingame kinah with real money, this is actualy the biggest p2w element by far from aion 6.2, but by far.

The explanation its simple, on 6.2 patch you have only 2 ways to gear up to the max, atleast to be way more geared than anyone else.
      You can upgrade your gear from yellow to purple then finaly to red with enchant stones (enchant stones that you will have a really hard time to obtain by p2w method if the shop/luna stays like on pts and there is no events or any extra p2w sale) or you can directly craft red pvp gear (yes we all know its not the best, but it will do the job just fine because no one will even have purple set by that time, so still the best by far and enought to faceroll everyone)

So, you can just spend your money to buy everything you can on the shop to sell in the broker, make kinah with that and then buy materials from the players to craft your equiment, here the only limitations are the actual suply of materials from the players selling on broker, but since on 6.2 the only source of kinah that have no limit is actualy farm those materials to sell them on the broker, players will be farming those like crazy to make kinah (kinah that they will struggle alot to farm by ingame sources, so they will need to sell materials on broker) and the suply will be always decent enough for p2w players, this means the guys who spend money will have a good suply to make theyr equimpent in a reasonable amount of time to make theyr own equipment (this obviously will depend of the population of the server and other factors, but at the first month or so there will be already guys with full red crafted equipment for sure)

The cicle is close and the result it leads to f2p players serving a p2w players, because p2w players will buy goldpacks and other items that f2p wants from the shop, giving them kinah in enchange that later those p2w players will use to buy materials and manastones that f2p players farm for them, in other words, a p2w player will unlock some stuff from the shop to f2p players in enchange of huge slave army to farm theyr equipment.

This closed circle leads to p2w players being overgeared while f2p players cant barely sustain theyr basic daily needs of consumables, if you add in top of that the gap between because of the new stat system and the stats on the new equipment, additionaly the transformation system, the minions, the luna, etc, we have a result of a crazy stupid difference between a f2p player and p2w one.

The only way to stop this its by actualy eliminating the availability to make ingame kinah with real money, this will atleast stop the p2w players from being god mode with red crafted gear that quick.

Yes, they will still have advantage from the other sources, adding more entrys to make more kinah and gear up pve (pve still better than some pvp depending of what we looking at), getting more enchants for faster upgrade, transformations etc etc, but atleast it will be way slower and not that ''easy'' to do, atleast it will require a extra effort and it will take more time, not just ''buy on cash shop then sell on broker to get kinah then buy materials to craft'' with this system you can literaly sit at the broker and be the most geared player on the server without the need to even play the game.

Yes, eliminating the availability to make ingame kinah with real money will also be bad for some f2p players because they will not be able to buy goldpack with ingame kinah, but hey, they cant get acces to those overpowered consumables from the shop that are 100% needed to pvp anyway, so at the end if a f2p player want to have a chance to fight in equal conditions or atleast to have a chance to do something, they will need to cash in 100% anyway.

Also im not even talking about stigmas+9
    • John wrote:

Right now what makes the game p2w besides the transformation contract and the whole luna system, its the availability to make ingame kinah with real money, this is actualy the biggest p2w element by far from aion 6.2, but by far.

The explanation its simple, on 6.2 patch you have only 2 ways to gear up to the max, atleast to be way more geared than anyone else.
      You can upgrade your gear from yellow to purple then finaly to red with enchant stones (enchant stones that you will have a really hard time to obtain by p2w method if the shop/luna stays like on pts and there is no events or any extra p2w sale) or you can directly craft red pvp gear (yes we all know its not the best, but it will do the job just fine because no one will even have purple set by that time, so still the best by far and enought to faceroll everyone)

So, you can just spend your money to buy everything you can on the shop to sell in the broker, make kinah with that and then buy materials from the players to craft your equiment, here the only limitations are the actual suply of materials from the players selling on broker, but since on 6.2 the only source of kinah that have no limit is actualy farm those materials to sell them on the broker, players will be farming those like crazy to make kinah (kinah that they will struggle alot to farm by ingame sources, so they will need to sell materials on broker) and the suply will be always decent enough for p2w players, this means the guys who spend money will have a good suply to make theyr equimpent in a reasonable amount of time to make theyr own equipment (this obviously will depend of the population of the server and other factors, but at the first month or so there will be already guys with full red crafted equipment for sure)

The cicle is close and the result it leads to f2p players serving a p2w players, because p2w players will buy goldpacks and other items that f2p wants from the shop, giving them kinah in enchange that later those p2w players will use to buy materials and manastones that f2p players farm for them, in other words, a p2w player will unlock some stuff from the shop to f2p players in enchange of huge slave army to farm theyr equipment.

This closed circle leads to p2w players being overgeared while f2p players cant barely sustain theyr basic daily needs of consumables, if you add in top of that the gap between because of the new stat system and the stats on the new equipment, additionaly the transformation system, the minions, the luna, etc, we have a result of a crazy stupid difference between a f2p player and p2w one.

The only way to stop this its by actualy eliminating the availability to make ingame kinah with real money, this will atleast stop the p2w players from being god mode with red crafted gear that quick.

Yes, they will still have advantage from the other sources, adding more entrys to make more kinah and gear up pve (pve still better than some pvp depending of what we looking at), getting more enchants for faster upgrade, transformations etc etc, but atleast it will be way slower and not that ''easy'' to do, atleast it will require a extra effort and it will take more time, not just ''buy on cash shop then sell on broker to get kinah then buy materials to craft'' with this system you can literaly sit at the broker and be the most geared player on the server without the need to even play the game.

Yes, eliminating the availability to make ingame kinah with real money will also be bad for some f2p players because they will not be able to buy goldpack with ingame kinah, but hey, they cant get acces to those overpowered consumables from the shop that are 100% needed to pvp anyway, so at the end if a f2p player want to have a chance to fight in equal conditions or atleast to have a chance to do something, they will need to cash in 100% anyway.

Also im not even talking about stigmas+9
      I don't disagree with you , but the thing is that so far in 5.x patches ,players didnt have the need for kinah , only if they wanted the item which is already registered , or they eventually got some kinah from thing they got from promo / item shop that they didnt needed. Other than that , most of the stuff to make urself op were coming directly from item shop, like stigma enhancement stones , apes, serums or w/e .

Im not okay with people getting kinah with irl money but im definitely ok people get some reward because they waste money on item shop , in this case kinah , from other players by providing them a Gold Pack or a skin they really want . Im not okay , and im sure a lot of other people feel the same that people who spend money in the game will get rewarded with transformations and all the other new item shop stuff that 6.2 brings.
    • Hizamaruu wrote:

I don't disagree with you , but the thing is that so far in 5.x patches ,players didnt have the need for kinah , only if they wanted the item which is already registered , or they eventually got some kinah from thing they got from promo / item shop that they didnt needed. Other than that , most of the stuff to make urself op were coming directly from item shop, like stigma enhancement stones , apes, serums or w/e .
      Im not okay with people getting kinah with irl money but im definitely ok people get some reward because they waste money on item shop , in this case kinah , from other players by providing them a Gold Pack or a skin they really want . Im not okay , and im sure a lot of other people feel the same that people who spend money in the game will get rewarded with transformations and all the other new item shop stuff that 6.2 brings.
      Well i cant talk about the past because i left aion long time ago, when the p2w started to really show up on the game with the serum update, but i can definitely talk about the 6.2 patch and the kinah is a value that determine your progress in a heavy way now, more than ever as far as i know.

Kinah is now the second most important stuff ingame, the first are the enchant stones.
      Its obvious and i think everyone agree with this, that if some player spend real money in the shop to provide other players, it should be rewarded in some way, the problem is when that reward its something really limited and really hard to obtain ingame, that reward its directly your progress.

Because of this, the idea of providing other players with shop items gets totaly burned and it becomes ''the way'' to obtain that boost of progress, thats the problem, because we talking about spend money in order to progress faster, even to achieve and receive exclusive stuff that have huge impact on the pvp, we talking about the same bs of p2w like always, just achieved in a different way.

If the kinah where not needed in so many different ways on the gearing progress then it would be okay, but considering that you need average of 1,5kkk kinah just to enchant and reroll the top pvp set, if we make a quick math about how much kinah we can make ingame with the current suply/limit of kinah, we can easily see the crazy amount of time needed to achieve that.
      And this is only about kinah suply/limit ingame for a fraction of the total things we need to use kinah, not even talking about overall time needed to achieve similar stats as red crafted gear by only ingame suply, nor overall time needed to achieve all of the stuff together.

The 6.2 desing has alot of stuff that you need to work on, all of them have limits that forces you to spend huge crazy amount of time in order to achieve them, some are not even designed for you to achieve them by ingame method, you cant, you must pay for them, others you can only decrease the time needed to achieve them with real money, but the biggest issue is the way they are achieved, because most of them are attached to kinah and you need kinah for the very basic daily stuff, everything ends on real money if you want to boost your progress.

Its like you only are able to do litle steps ingame, you cant do bigger steps now by being smart on broker or farming with alts or whatever you where able to do before, well you can do some stuff still on 6.2, but overall the progress you do ingame without spending money now its very very small steps even if you do the best and most profitable stuff.
      It really doents matter what gameforge do now, because the true issue now its on the game itself, gameforge can only make it worse, but if they really wanted to fix all the stuff and make it better like they claim, they really would have to change the whole system by forcing everyone to follow the same path, spending or not money, and that would cause the obvious problem, they will not make money at all., so it will not happen.