SM Gameplay in 6.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SM Gameplay in 6.x

Hey!

When 6.0 launches i'll give aion another try.
      At the Moment im looking for the right class for me.

Could someone tell me if the SM is better or worse than before? (before 6.0)
      How is his PvE-Damage compared to other dd-classes espacially in Bossfights?
      Whats the standing of the SM compared to other classes in 1vs1 PvP?
      And is he useful in Group-PvP?

Maybe someone got some experience on pts-server?

=)
    • SM is extremely overpowered in our specific 6.2 patch.

This is the patch right before the SM nerfs hit.

Soul Torrent does absurd damage (1,5k repeat x5, will be nerfed to 730~); Fear Shriek CD is 45s (will be nerfed to 1min, duration on players reduced); Fear CD is 22s (will be nerfed to 30s, duration on players reduced) and some other stuff I think.
    • Rym wrote:

SM is extremely overpowered in our specific 6.2 patch.

This is the patch right before the SM nerfs hit.

Soul Torrent does absurd damage (1,5k repeat x5, will be nerfed to 730~); Fear Shriek CD is 45s (will be nerfed to 1min, duration on players reduced); Fear CD is 22s (will be nerfed to 30s, duration on players reduced) and some other stuff I think.
      Oh thank god. Can't wait for that. Was getting some serious aids from getting fearlocked for what seemed like an eternity, just to attack for 5-10 seconds and proceed to get fearlocked for another eternity. Also just the fact of getting melted by that repeat skill while feared and not being able to do anything.
    • Lazar wrote:

Thank you so far.

Ok do you know if the upcoming nerf for the sm ist "ok" or is he nerfed to death?

I cant take my choice between sorc and sm for 6.0 launch... ^^
      From what i've seen in 6.5 KR streams, sorc seems pretty bad, you just don't do enough damage and get melted (as a sorc should, but the dmg nerf hurts sorc too much). Honestly i'd say just play sm, that class will never be bad.
    • Rym wrote:

Fear Shriek CD is 45s (will be nerfed to 1min, duration on players reduced)
      Fear Shriek CD will stay 45s, but 2 improved versions will be 1min
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/4873
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/5125
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/5126

Rym wrote:

Fear CD is 22s (will be nerfed to 30s, duration on players reduced)
      wrong, will stay 22s
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/3775
    • Alibi wrote:

Lazar wrote:

Thank you so far.

Ok do you know if the upcoming nerf for the sm ist "ok" or is he nerfed to death?

I cant take my choice between sorc and sm for 6.0 launch... ^^
      From what i've seen in 6.5 KR streams, sorc seems pretty bad, you just don't do enough damage and get melted (as a sorc should, but the dmg nerf hurts sorc too much). Honestly i'd say just play sm, that class will never be bad.
      This doesn't really make sense to me- I saying that ANY class should "just get melted". Think of anyone who would want to play a class like that? Right- you can't . Not that sorc should facetank their opponents, but they should not "melt".

So, what do you expect current sorcs to do/ Reroll? That's not exactly a smart game design, is it? Better off to pick another game.
    • Pewpew wrote:

This doesn't really make sense to me- I saying that ANY class should "just get melted". Think of anyone who would want to play a class like that? Right- you can't . Not that sorc should facetank their opponents, but they should not "melt".
      So, what do you expect current sorcs to do/ Reroll? That's not exactly a smart game design, is it? Better off to pick another game.
      Sorc should get melted because they also melt people. This was always the case (and how ranged burst classes should work)...if any melee class got in ur face without u having escape skills up you would melt; against for magic classes they could survive decently back then especially with the help of elemental ward, but then this stigma became borderline useless (it seems to be making a comeback in some KR streams though). In 6.2, they stop melting people and they keep being melted, that's why they're weak.

I played sorc most of the time i've played aion. I love the class more than any other class in the game. I don't want current sorcs to reroll. To me that class still has the most skill expression/ceiling in pvp and that has always been my opinion.
      Right now i'm going to play chanter because that has always been my second favorite class and sorc isn't looking too appealing. Though i'm probably just gonna end up going back to sorc eventually, like always.