Ppl,why are you supporting this?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ppl,why are you supporting this?

Yeah I'm obsessed about this, but also right and sincerely, I hope you agree with me on this. Why are you supporting the gold pack? Why do I need to pay, as a player, to unlock basic things, which should have been available from the start to EVERYONE, in a mmo? Did you guys ask yourself that? Ok keep the 10% drop, 20% more AP etc. if you have one, but do not put trading between players, using of auction as reward for having a gp. Everyone has the right to use them, with or without a gp. I heard the lfg restriction is back in 6.2? Not sure about that, but it would be absolutely ridiculous... really? Basic things,ppl! :cookieshugo:
    • I have played other mmo and trade function broker (auction house) is free to use but world chat you have to buy items to use it.
      in 5.8 getting a gold pack was easy in 6.2 idk really,with a gold pack you have more entry in dungeons and people benefit from gold packs for selling it
    • Gold pack is there since game became free to play, instead of a monthly subscription. It what it is, not that everyone likes it and not that it is executed perfectly.

From Wednesday the extremely limited availability of transformation contracts in-game, will be a bigger problem than the goldpack issue. (unless you like to play in slow motion)
    • Although nobody agrees with the fact that free users can't trade or chat, you need to have a goldpack active at all times, otherwise playing aion is pointless.
    • Your free to play game is created and maintained by people who have this as a RL job, its like getting a free ride on a bus and complaining why youre not getting the best service or first class even,just like anything in life you kinda gotta pay..
      I mean gaming is a hobby,you pay for your hobbies, someone created this game and is maintaining it for you to play for free? I dont think so, gold pack is a subsciption so all the internet children need to realize their "free" game is someone's real life job
    • I believe op's point said in simple terms is that it's not right to pay for core functions of an MMO such as trade.
      Obviously there has to be someone paying to support the game, but this model forces you to buy the gold pack while trying to be called "free to play".
      You can't play aion in a decent way without the gold pack.

I do not agree with the post above. This is not a Free Rider Problem (which is a specific economic problem) as you presented it, that would be the case where some pay for the gold pack while all others benefit the same. This has always been a problem of business model,ethics if you want to call it that way.
      It is not my concern if you are "willing to pay for everything in life" (quite a funny statement!), there are some implicits that are core in the "free to play mmo" definition and without those it is not an MMO, nor free to play. Then everyone should be free to buy from the Aion Shop, while enjoying the game in its basic functions.

Would you really be driving a car if you could only turn right, with a limited speed of 30km/h? But then someone sells you a special fuel that lets you drive normally for an extra price. That is the correct example you were looking for.

However this has been a topic of discussion for years and GF will keep on doing what it's doing.
    • There are games that are free2play and still gets enough money from their cash shops like skins, etc.
      :cookieshugo:
    • Exactly its very free to play, not free to demand same service or same product as a paying customer,you answered it yourself
      Youre basically driving a test vehicle (since you like the car example) which you can either make it work in a crappy state it is or upgrade to a proper full version
    • boybye wrote:

Exactly its very free to play, not free to demand same service or same product as a paying customer,you answered it yourself
      Youre basically driving a test vehicle (since you like the car example) which you can either make it work in a crappy state it is or upgrade to a proper full version
      As I said, It's fine with increased drop, more AP and what other avantages are there, but not MANDATORY functions in a mmo to be included as rewards. Really, are we in this state? Do I even need to pay to be able to trade a damn potion to a friend? Core functions, as Nuke said as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Michu ().

• Gold Pack is fine , its like 5 euros for 30 days which is more than okay for me. If u think that WoW's subscription is way more expensive and you pay for their updates , its more than okay.Also if you consider that other subscription games dont even let you log in if u dont have active subscription which that doesnt happen in Aion . 2 things are not okay. The "free-to-play" label instead of Just Aion Europe and the item shop.if u cant pay 5 euros for a game which is essentially ur hobby , i dunno how u can afford internet connection more like a gaming rig.If Aion in its current state worth 5 euros per month ...thats another thing.

In other words , dont complain about Gold Pack , complain about the sick things that exist in item shop and ruin the game.
    • Hizamaruu wrote:

Gold Pack is fine , its like 5 euros for 30 days which is more than okay for me. If u think that WoW's subscription is way more expensive and you pay for their updates , its more than okay.Also if you consider that other subscription games dont even let you log in if u dont have active subscription which that doesnt happen in Aion . 2 things are not okay. The "free-to-play" label instead of Just Aion Europe and the item shop.if u cant pay 5 euros for a game which is essentially ur hobby , i dunno how u can afford internet connection more like a gaming rig.If Aion in its current state worth 5 euros per month ...thats another thing.

In other words , dont complain about Gold Pack , complain about the sick things that exist in item shop and ruin the game.
      Y forgot something y dont need to pay any euro only the 1st gold pack because y can find it in broker so its free after this
    • Not even for that... in this last patch getting kinah once you hit level 68 (which takes about 2-3 days after hitting 66) was very simple. The quests around the main towns and camps giving 1.85m/quest kinah in average allowed for a rather easy gathering even with the crazy prices...
      Aim, Shoot, Reload, Repeat :sniper:
    • I am playing this game become f2p, and even before on... other servers.
      Newer! paid a single euro, and i have full 80+20 vet reward as a casual player. The one with full time job, family, kids, so on. And still have 1500+ days premium account left.
      The Gp is a problem only to ppl who dont know the game.
    • [NICK]szekely wrote:

The Gp is a problem only to ppl who dont know the game.
      But the problem is, not everyone can understand the game easily either, especially when it comes to hints regarding farming of Kinah.
      Main problem being that, people don't really like to share info easily. Not to mention, because of the current type of population on the servers, its hard to get either a reply or help from anyone.
      Like for example, on Hellion Server, its 90% Spanish nowadays (even though its supposed to be mix server), so its hard for a non-Spanish person to communicate and ask for stuff, especially for players who don't play for long hours or are playing from a different time-zone.

There is also the fact that, when someone new or weaker geared player tried to farm for Kinah in Esterra, 70% of the time they would be hunted down by Pro PvP'ers who like easy kills. And those who don't have good PvP skills or PvP gears, end up being sitting ducks against them, and eventually have to give up farming for the quests (which by the way could take hours to complete, considering the number kills one need for the quest, and other players and bots doing the same thing in the same area).

I have to agree on one part though, that they should have allowed Trading and Broker usage to some degree for non-GP users as well, so that one didn't have to worry all the time about Gold Pack prices, and the need to buy one every month.
      Maybe a mechanic of allowing only item trade (and no Kinah trade) between Players, and restricted usage of Broker (like being able to only purchase or sell items only to a certain price) would have been better.
      But we can't expect that, can we.

Well lets see what becomes of 6.2 and see how the changes affect players, especially those non-GP players.
    • Well, Things are changing with 6.0. You don't have to spend 3 months to go to lvl 70 as a casual player. You do it in a few days.

Also, people want to do everything alone. Go make some friends, talk to people, ask stuff, join a legion and people will help out and tell you what to do.

And last but not least, there are the new servers (but I think people will be less helpful there, everybody will go non stop trying to be the best, the greatest and if they have to walk over other people, so be it ...)