Aion 6.2 it's Good but Not Perfect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ekatarina wrote:

Actually it's a great patch.

But not in Europe because of Gameforge which makes it a lot money dependant.

That's why I'm just testing it here, to be ready for NA when it'll come out there.
    Yes we will return in NA i think like old times if they use better system from this slow motion
  • I'm gonna be honest the game just feels completely unplayable to me. I can't even work up the energy to even play this "game". This isn't GF's fault in fairness the core change's were made by NC but the transformations are a joke. We like to make our characters and play "them" not play as an oversized penguin.

I just simply cant get any feel for the game in this state. No more scrolls is too big a change for me I feel too slow and cumbersome and cant play the game like this.
  • Raiya wrote:

I'm gonna be honest the game just feels completely unplayable to me. I can't even work up the energy to even play this "game". This isn't GF's fault in fairness the core change's were made by NC but the transformations are a joke. We like to make our characters and play "them" not play as an oversized penguin.

I just simply cant get any feel for the game in this state. No more scrolls is too big a change for me I feel too slow and cumbersome and cant play the game like this.
    you can see your character while you have transform with the "transparent transform scrolls" xDDDDDDD this is getting ridiculous
  • Running out of pots soon, I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got thousands of pots due to the "exchange error". Thinking to quit and go back to some other decent MMO, feels like they took all the consumables from crafting and put them behind a humongous paywall.. "let's delete crafting and all the stuff they used for years and put them in the cash shop"
    Best Potions 20% ones, best Food, Atk/Move speed were the essentials of Aion for 9 years plus, everyday usage, spamm-able and it felt comfortable to actually play the game, who's on the right mind to remove them seriously?
    Gameforge wants us all to quit or its just testing our patience and checking how big are the wallets of certain people? I'm done.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kumi ().

• Can we please reroll back to 5.8. Playing this patch is slowly making me suicidal. Aions outdated combat combined with no attack speed/mov speed is probably the worst thing you can experience right now in entire MMORPG genre. Not to mention the pathetic enchanting(112 stones for one piece +8) and garbage class balance.

The Aion you always wanted. K A P P A
  • Being completly honest here, after playing the patch few days as many other mentioned before it kills the will to keep playing because of the slow motion attack speed/movement speed.

I dont really know if gameforge nyerked up enchantment stone rates but looks like they are waaaaaaaay nerfed than it should be considering I've watched many korean streamers/videos enchanting things easily without so many fails from +0 to +10.

@Galeas please guys, could you even consider giving ONE just ONE ancient scroll transformation choosable for each account in order to make the game playable again? I dont think we are asking that much since 1 transformation wont change the fact that we will still need maaaaaaaaaaany scrolls to get Kaisinel.
  • Leo wrote:

You know guys sometimes is better not to tell anything if that´s going to be destructive?

FYI: I know I´m lucky but I got a Tarha (ancient) transformation on my scroll from the gold ingots, later I had normal ones.

Instead of simply whining on the 4th day of a patch may I suggest to go and learn from it? the atk/cast speed items are now the mostly the legendary and ultimate items, and is not as easy to gain as it was.

And also, the good transformations can be farmed, there are still many time to run this patch, but you guys are lovers of the instant gratification and want all the first day, this is a Korean MMO game, maybe you forgot where you choose to play on

Look guys, "this is a Korean MMO game, maybe you forgot where you choose to play on".
    The Mod got an Ancient transformation from his first scroll, the patch is fine! If we don't get anything from opening 80 contracts, its just us, and we should go learn from it he suggest.
    Also what kind of reply is that from a Moderator? We're not whining, it's called criticism if you've ever heard of it my friend, there's hundreds of people complaining about it, or better say majority of the forum users?
    Also you mentioned "the good transformations" can be farmed, HOW exactly? You mean the overpriced EVENT potions that run out after 10min or after dying in PVP?
    Quality response, this is the answer we wanted, thank you moderator! Instead of being reasonable, you just telling us that we forgot where we chose to play on, maybe we should reconsider it then.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kumi ().

• one of the best what happen today , i decide to play on one alt but when i want to use transport wait i dont have kinah and guess what the limit is 0 so i will stay in sanctum till the maintenance because yea , cant trade / cant sale and so ............. at least gameforce make the fly and teleport free or increase the limit kinah wtf how in the hell to make money ?ok and if i buy a gold pack i cant put in broker because they ask me tooooo much money to put it ..........................this is fun you think? like this will come more players? hell no they will quit after 1-2 month , even faster
    aion was my wife :'.)
  • Hmm...

The transformation system is awful for several reasons. Others have pretty much covered all the issues anyway but in summary, it should not be a shop only option. Scrolls have been in the game since it started. The only valid reason I could even think of for revamping the way scrolls worked would be to make combined scrolls that have multiple stats but have them still as scrolls that can be obtained or crafted in the game. I would not even mind if the maximum attack/cast/run speeds were lowered, if the intention was to slow the pace of fights. As it stands, it's just become a big gamble. Players should be able to gain all the stats they need without opening their wallets.

Transformation candies started out as a fun way to look like something else but gradually became a necessity to further boost your stats. This is where things started to go a bit wrong IMO. They should only ever have been cosmetic. It is ridiculous to have to run around looking like some other creature to perform your best considering the amount of character and gear customisation that the game offers. Please, if someone wants to permanently run around like a polar bear for example, let it just be for cosmetic purposes. This has gone far enough.

Crafting gear has always been a pain, particularly for weapons where you have to proc each stage. It looks like this new crafting system is similar except you don't need to go to a specific area to craft (to be honest though, I haven't investigated it beyond looking at the pre-requisites and noticing this similarity).

Crafting consumable items always produced useful output. Everyone needs potions, scrolls and food. Players could make things for themselves, their friends, or just to make a little money. I did armoursmithing, and later cooking and found the latter to be far more satisfying, the balic recipes in particular tended to be pretty good. Now we just buy from NPC.

Those professions, along with essencetapping and aethertapping gave players something to do besides kill or quest. I used to head into Taloc's Forest with a simple set of equipment (actually old level 30/40 AP gear with flight time manastones etc.) and some good strong wind serums and see how much aether I could collect without landing (I'd stock up on those tools you needed to buy and then pick a time to go and do this specifically). I used to like trying to collect seed of detection or petals. I had several late nights rifting to Morheim simply to try and collect Vinna petals.

The exploration and variety of things you could do besides kill stuff added some extra depth to the game. It was not necessary to do any crafting or any gathering (as far as I remember anyway!) and it involved possibly several people in the process (e.g. someone might sell some herbs, another person might buy them and make potions, someone else might buy those potions).

The general quest arrangement is a lot more streamlined, it's pretty obvious you go from A to B to C etc. so not really much exploration is needed. Fast progress to endgame makes it pretty convenient. I've mixed feelings about the speed of levelling. There's not really much of a "journey" any more. It's more of an express train funneling everyone into endgame (and into the cash shop as much as possible).

One of the tutorials seems to suggest that gear is far less important than skills (I think it's the one about manastone sockets?) which is nonsense. Try PvPing with only the quest PvP gear you're given Lakrum and no manastones/enchantments!

There seems to be more things to enchant and add manastones to now, and it's still expensive to do (and will continue to be, because everyone is the same level and wants the same things). I approve of the decision to lower the number of manastone sockets to 3. Removal of godstones is also a positive move.

Unsure about the whole untradeable kinah/gold ingot situation.

With the removal of aethertapping, most of the abyss, and flight time stats, is there much point in us having wings any more?

Are there any worthwhile rewards for arenas or dredgion? So far I've heard that AP is meaningless and I see the arena gear NPCs are gone, and it seems people mainly do dredgion for the bosses.

I came back after a long break (3 years). I'll stick around a bit longer and see how things go, but if the transformation cash shop issue isn't addressed soon I don't see much point in playing as it won't be fun for someone like me who spends very little in the cash shop (mostly on GPs).

Haven't seen any bots or kinah sellers though. Which is nice.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Furrybeans ().

• Kumi wrote:

Leo wrote:

You know guys sometimes is better not to tell anything if that´s going to be destructive?

FYI: I know I´m lucky but I got a Tarha (ancient) transformation on my scroll from the gold ingots, later I had normal ones.

Instead of simply whining on the 4th day of a patch may I suggest to go and learn from it? the atk/cast speed items are now the mostly the legendary and ultimate items, and is not as easy to gain as it was.

And also, the good transformations can be farmed, there are still many time to run this patch, but you guys are lovers of the instant gratification and want all the first day, this is a Korean MMO game, maybe you forgot where you choose to play on
    Look guys, "this is a Korean MMO game, maybe you forgot where you choose to play on".
    The Mod got an Ancient transformation from his first scroll, the patch is fine! If we don't get anything from opening 80 contracts, its just us, and we should go learn from it he suggest.
    Also what kind of reply is that from a Moderator? We're not whining, it's called criticism if you've ever heard of it my friend, there's hundreds of people complaining about it, or better say majority of the forum users?
    Also you mentioned "the good transformations" can be farmed, HOW exactly? You mean the overpriced EVENT potions that run out after 10min or after dying in PVP?
    Quality response, this is the answer we wanted, thank you moderator! Instead of being reasonable, you just telling us that we forgot where we chose to play on, maybe we should reconsider it then.

Wonder how NcSoft is financially. Back in the time I checked their sharehold/Q reports. Seems like the whole MMO genre is a continuous crisis slowly a decade by now. All of them should think about, how they can resist the battle royale games esp Big F. Same cake, more pieces.

I am here since 1.5, 2010 January to be exact almost 9 years. However I am not like "Elder" WOW players who think back nostalgic, and still jump into the game like a kid. Aion could been a BIG Classic if it was handled right and wasnt just a placeholder (as their other game was "stolen", but it didnt become Classic as it was grindy as old Aion) and moneygrab for NcSoft. It was created with this kind of mindset, it is long time known fact.

Vision trailer? Check it now, they couldnt even switch the engine (like WOW did) or come out with Aion 2. This game is regrets for me and will always be. Though I met some great people and after they are gone/lost contact with them, I just understood how great they were. :(

"this is a Korean MMO game, maybe you forgot where you choose to play on".

Korean MMO game which wont have the strength to fight the tide anymore, an old and rusty ship. However I wont even complain, I said my goodbyes a long time ago, I just come to visit as I wrote. Some of u guys are still in the phase of DENIAL and ANGER. Its not worth it, believe me esp if I consider the past when we tried to fight NcSoft, they only listen to the koreans (sometimes). :|
  • Kumi wrote:

Leo wrote:

Wow, what a bullnyerk answer from a MOD. Just WOW!
    In a moment like this when everyone is reporting the issue of transformation you could not come up with anything better ?
    Why not follow your own advice then "You know guys sometimes is better not to tell anything if that´s going to be destructive?"
    Because to me that looked like half a brag about finding a transformation yourself and another half about calling everyone else noob. And BTW, you don't even get att speed on ultimate gloves, just weapons.

You know I also found a yellow transformation. A freaking cast speed one, as a gladiator player. And I am tempted to play a caster class now, because it would save me a massive headache and slowmotion gameplay.
    Previously on the PTS I had found the ancient physical one, on my gunner.
    This game mocks you enough nowadays, we don't need a Mod to add more frustration to the discussion.
  • As a real newcomer (from RU region, to be honest), let me post my input.

0. If we look back for 9 years, Aion is shrinking and dying. And that is much of NC fault. Servers get merged, online counters lowering, game world itself collapsed from many big populated and alive locations to ONE. Really good options like hard leveling, making money, crafting and feeling PROGRESS are killed. Levels are nothin. No growth, no exploration, no hardness. It comes like you create a 80 lvl char from scratch and all content you have is just running weeklies / arenas in one day. Dungeons in second day. Farming resources remaining 5 days? Least I can say - very, very poor content. A cheap mobile gaming (c)
    Amasing strat from NC.. Straight way to the grave. It is beyond me, how their project managers could fail so much with Aion

1. Old RU servers got merged into single one and absolutely ruined with p2w. Paying-only-gold-pack player can do nothin there. Some ppl like me decided to move to EU, as we knew it. You guys blame GF to be greedy, but let me guarantee it, EU is not so badly contaminated with p2w. It could actually feel pretty acceptable when 95% of Nergal is geared the same. And have same progress/enchant rate, almost not using shop at all. Fair gameplay, not being one-shotted by red-geared shoppers (like on RU). At least at server start. We'll see how it goes.

2. I am totally okay with paying for sub/gold pack as it was since 1.5, but what is my income for exchange?
    - Nearly-zero ingame content lasting for 2-4 days per week
    - Soon running out of consumables and left alone without mov/atk speed, which is a core of damn gameplay!. Lots of enraged ppl already mentioned it, nothing new to add.
    - Losing bike - only 7 days for gift. Maybe there is a way to get a bike in game? Didnt find it yet.. No bike - walking the entire map with 6.0 foot speed is incredible thing to deal with, yep.
    - Get destroyed by luckers who pulled ancient morphs and pretend to be playing a great patch
    - Sieges where 165 ely get annihilated by ~400 asmo like yesterday. Sieges are best desired thing for me in Aion, but they are so bad! Laggy, unbalanced. Not a single change for years. Koreans just fail to make it entertaining. And GF adds some more badness to the siege madness. Seriously, new RU servers failed to maintain a race balance for multiple times. You, GF, now repeating an already proved bad practice!

3. What needs to be done IMO?
    - Race balance. Idk why asmos are so overwhelming on different servers, but this is really bad for race-wide events.
    - Make ancient morphs farmable in-game. Okay, let it be of acceptably hard work to gain. Okay, let the pink ones be extra-luck for certain 1-2-3... players. Or cashers. Kaisinel must not exist at all. It's for real, GF, trust me and other posters here. Zero-speed gameplay is extreamly enraging and pushing to uninstall the game. No players - no money for you. White pots are like spit to the face
    - Add some money to the mob drops, if you dont want to absolutely fail with kinah-boxes in shop. That will be aion's certain death. I want to have a constant way to make money, not only by dunges in 1-2 days! White gear for selling is pretty rare and is not enough, as kinah is spending every hour.
    - May be add low-chance drop of enchant stones, morph scrolls to the loot in world. Will be some motivation to farm and battle for them, to bring some life into poor world of weeklies.
    - We know, kinah-boxes exist in game data. Almost certainly they will be pushed to RU shop one day, along with Kaisinel pots and red enchant stones. Dont do the same, for god sake
    - Fix ridiculous bugs. So frustrated already with those ranger animation freezes, feels like being 50% of time in a paralize mode. Game client also freezes and crashes not a single time per day

The post was edited 2 times, last by laxalope ().

• Skateray wrote:

Confliktive wrote:

i go back to black desert, yes its p2w also but at least i dont feel like a turtle fighting against the flash, better graphics and better combat overall, clunky old pvp system+retarded transforms make this game a cancer
    BnS
    BnS have is time 2 years ago on their f2p release, now is totally ded, even more than aion

the only answer we have is a retarded moderator saying we want instant gratification and we are noobs because we dont spend 100€ for a retarded scroll, cancer game anda cancer staff, Lion if you read me die in hell, i dont care if you ban me of this shhit forum or this shhit p2w game
  • Confliktive wrote:

Skateray wrote:

Confliktive wrote:

i go back to black desert, yes its p2w also but at least i dont feel like a turtle fighting against the flash, better graphics and better combat overall, clunky old pvp system+retarded transforms make this game a cancer
    BnS
    BnS have is time 2 years ago on their f2p release, now is totally ded, even more than aion
    Yea but in BDO now it takes forever to lvl from 50 onward which gets boring.. unless you get carried by your high AP friends daily.
  • Skateray wrote:

Confliktive wrote:

Skateray wrote:

Confliktive wrote:

BnS
    Yea but in BDO now it takes forever to lvl from 50 onward which gets boring.. unless you get carried by your high AP friends daily.
    nah, real leveling starts at lvl 58+ you start getting slow leveling after 56 but is doable, anr 58 is where the pain begins
  • The whole answer from mod reminds me the whole clown fiesta that happened on battlefield 5. "iF YoU DoNT LiKe iT dOnT pLaY iT". I find it wayyy hard to believe that a white scroll from gold bar shop gave him first try yellow transformation.
    Good job mate, the whole forum is on fire and u throw oil just to show what? The we are clueless about the game? Most of us might have played a lot longer than u, because in the past it has been proven that mods and ppl that made changes had no idea how aion worked.
    Good to see that mods and support is here to support us, to help us out, to be with the community in these times :thumbup: