State of Aion 6.2 - My feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a couple questions:

1 - Does anyone know the enchant rates of yellow gear with yellow stones? The table i have only shows rates with purple/red stones, which are terrible at +10 by the way. No way it should be less than 50% with a higher grade stone untill at least +13, especially with how rare they are. (Table: image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2…1536658025-enchant6-0.png )

2 - Does anyone know if the enchant rates get increased in some further patch? So many people in Korea seem to run around in fully enchanted and partly or fully upgraded gear. Or is this all just an effect of the price/availability of stones in cash shop in comparison to Korea + the fact that we can't register stones on broker?

Earlier today i had my staff +13. Used 80 yellow stones and 3-4 purple stones to end up back at +10. For reference, i used purple stones only after +12 once and the rest after +13. Got to +14 only once because of a +12>+14 proc and even with the whole spam cancel enchant/dance in the rain/do a handstand thing it failed to +15 with a purple. Rest of the times it didnt even go to +14.
    • Alibi wrote:

2 - Does anyone know if the enchant rates get increased in some further patch? So many people in Korea seem to run around in fully enchanted and partly or fully upgraded gear. Or is this all just an effect of the price/availability of stones in cash shop in comparison to Korea + the fact that we can't register stones on broker?

one of following patch at version 6.5 will increase chance of enchantment.
      info from Korea and Ru
    • Alibi wrote:

I have a couple questions:

1 - Does anyone know the enchant rates of yellow gear with yellow stones? The table i have only shows rates with purple/red stones, which are terrible at +10 by the way. No way it should be less than 50% with a higher grade stone untill at least +13, especially with how rare they are. (Table: image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2…1536658025-enchant6-0.png )

Earlier today i had my staff +13. Used 80 yellow stones and 3-4 purple stones to end up back at +10. For reference, i used purple stones only after +12 once and the rest after +13. Got to +14 only once because of a +12>+14 proc and even with the whole spam cancel enchant/dance in the rain/do a handstand thing it failed to +15 with a purple. Rest of the times it didnt even go to +14.
      This is the link for the Enchantment rates, though not sure if we have the same rates or not.

aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.0_Update_-_Enchanting_Rates
    • This is a great post from Nuke.
      I agree with all of it - but I do like the system of not trading any items/kinah to alts
      forces all to start fresh. It was hard to compete with people that had 6 maxed gears characters imo. The advantages kept getting bigger & bigger.
    • Emstefan wrote:

It was hard to compete with people that had 6 maxed gears characters imo. The advantages kept getting bigger & bigger.
      so its ok to have completely unfair disadvantage with full p2w and no actual ingame means to catch up?
      coz i can tell u with pay to win u could go from gold to red gear in a month, GL doing that normally
      normal player cant possibly do tha in less than 5 months even if u play 24/7, and probably 7-10 for a guy that can spare only 4-6hours per day (unleees u actually had billions and billions loaded already from exchange of previous patch)
    • Vis wrote:

Alibi wrote:

one of following patch at version 6.5 will increase chance of enchantment.
      info from Korea and Ru

[NICK]zorach wrote:

Alibi wrote:

I have a couple questions:

This is the link for the Enchantment rates, though not sure if we have the same rates or not.
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.0_Update_-_Enchanting_Rates
      Thank you for the replies :D
    • t0re wrote:

Emstefan wrote:

It was hard to compete with people that had 6 maxed gears characters imo. The advantages kept getting bigger & bigger.
      so its ok to have completely unfair disadvantage with full p2w and no actual ingame means to catch up?coz i can tell u with pay to win u could go from gold to red gear in a month, GL doing that normally
      normal player cant possibly do tha in less than 5 months even if u play 24/7, and probably 7-10 for a guy that can spare only 4-6hours per day (unleees u actually had billions and billions loaded already from exchange of previous patch)
      5 months seems about the right estimation. i will quote from an old NA forum post that came a couple of months after 6.0 arrival in KR

Whales on the fresh 6.0 포에타 server have finally managed to reach 궁극 pvp weapons after the p2w cash shop event: aion.plaync.com/characters/01057-000Nq5
      The weapon alone is time gated to at least 13 weeks of 100% 태초의 결정 farming. He's also got full 전설 pvp accessories which would be another 9 weeks of farming.
      So ignoring everything else like 리디움, AP, +15 costs this guy has managed to farm 22 weeks of pvp gear in 9 weeks of server uptime using the cash shop events. Your alt army and time spent in the game amounts to nothing in 6.0 because of the limited player economy and sidestepping normal progression is only achievable through the cash shop. Instance resets are incredibly cheap but only obtainable through cash shop.
      The stats this guy has might not mean much if you haven't played 6.0 but 13.3k attack and 6.9k crit is insane. 1.1 attack speed w/ polearm and 12.0 run speed is understandably broken game design and you don't need to play 6.0 to understand this. Combine the two and this guy is a f2p slaying juggernaut.
    • yes and i also forgot to mention if u are p2w u just have to do siege,RT and dred, absolutely nothing else, 2 hours per day on average, yey for some ppl
      in any case if this shop/inventory kianh change change is not reverted by the next maitnence , i am deleting the game in 1 week , already paid my premium account on lineage yesterday so... at least i know why i am killing mobs there..
    • 6.0 patch came with alot hopes and alot changes for sure the transformation contracts were an issue but personally i could live well with that if you didnt had those kaisinel pots on shop i would still be in disadvantage but i really dont care since i was enjoying this patch, now this nerf of kinah its terrible, as someone already explained on another thread what will happen, i was already losing kinah without this nerf i can't imagine now, i personally feel like that our publisher instead of work to try to please everybody and make everybody at least satisfied all it does is trying to find ways to make the people frustrated and disappointed with the game its really bad to have this feeling about Gameforge, also i really find it so arrogant threads being closed because people are complaining about what publisher does i havent seen anyone crossing the line on some other threads people were just complaining and they were silenced..
    • Correct me if im wrong but...

-Wasn't it said that they planned to separate new server queues and old server queues 1 week after the patch?
      -Wasn't it said that the NPC with level-up rewards was gonna be added a bit after the patch? It's been a while, where is she?
    • I have noticed some new points I would like to add to my initial post
      • Pvp enchantment stone in luna craft: Today I spent all my Luna materials (which I had gathered over the years) on the Pvp enchant bundle recipe, resulting in 40~ Pvp enchantment stones. Compared to how few we are getting in game this is very dangerous and p2w, though you have to buy all materials at some point if you want to keep doing it and gets expensive. I ended up with a bunch of stones just by clicking a craft button.
      • Instances and kinah nerf: it is still possible to have a profit as a gold pack user (mainly via broker), but given how cheap the rewards from some instances have become even paying users won't run mirash, or gok. Even endgame dungeons may not be profitable as each player has to roll loot. I think having content lasting only 2 weeks was not in your original plans.
      • Transformation contracts drop: the solution is really a grain of sand in the sea. One box, which is not always dropped, shared among 6 players? Moreover the contract in said box is the cheapest quality. Big dislike!
      • "The Kaisinel fiasco": what is done is done, but we now have to face people with stacks of ultimate transformation potions. As a pvp player this just ruined the competition for me, as arena has already become a joke. The compensation of 1x potion per user was not the way to go either. I don't see any possible (realistic) solution.

No new good points to add.
    • Not playing on the new server but can imagine the (*fun) on open world vs people with those pots

Quite a few of us did say that new servers were going to be painful... And I guess it's even beyond words now...

*fun = not fun

I saved a lot of kinah for transformations before 6 but I'm fed up. 6 chars x 12 mil for 3 weeks... (actually 15 cos of thr broker fees). ALL WHITE...
    • One thing that is still an issue..

Where is the npc to exchange victory insignias (discipline, dredgion etc)? Feel like that npc could have some decent pvp related stuff...unless he just has another one of those quests to trade 10 for 1mil. Anyone who played KR/RU know what this npc gives in exchange for the insignias?