State of Aion 6.2 - My feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• State of Aion 6.2 - My feedback

After some playtime between pts and live server, I have gathered a few ideas and feedback. I will be brief and hope it will help.
      This feedback comes from a group of 20ish players with mixed gaming styles, some old school players and other rather new ones.

What we like:
      • Pve wise this patch seems to have a good "progression" but still has decent challenges in the new contet.
      • Simplified crafting. Materials are straight forward, everyone can understand what to gather and craft.
      • World bosses, though they seem rather boring in terms of mechanics.
      • The idea of Pvp instances providing enchants.
      • Katalam style map - but with mixed feedback, as pve players and newcomers do not like to be forced into pvp to gear up.
      • Manastones seem to have a decent success rate (but they are currently super expensive).
      • Cube system is a simple but rather fun addition to the game. Everyone can complete it and trade Gold cubes by broker for extra income.

What we dislike:
      • Transformation contracts. We spoke alot about it and I would conclude by saying that a green one (correct for your class) is the minimum to have a normal gameplay. If you could find a way to help everyone get it in a short time it would be great and would not lower your revenue. Hero Trials, Events, you can be creative here.
      • Removal of kinah account warehouse, restrictions on trade for common items. It feels like I have never activated a Gold Pack. I have to put items on the broker to be able to pass them to my alt, this is just plain stupid and kills the whole idea of 3 more character slots (why have more alts if I can't move items and kinah?)
      • Enchant rates, God it is terrible and frustrating. The whole experience is summed up in hoping for a crit at correct levels. And this has to happen multiple times, for all gear!
      • The grind for Fragment of the Fighting Spirit seems to be off in terms of numbers. It is a bottleneck for progression compared to other materials. Providing an example, I now have enough "red materials" to upgrade my legendary pvp chest to Ultimate, but would have to break countless pvp items more or craft Ultimate gear to then break it. Could be a good idea to provide bundles in future events.
      • Legendary PvP Enchantment Stone needs to be dropped more as it is another bottleneck. It takes so many to upgrade even a single item and as of now I do not see enough ways to obtain them. Hopefully in the Hero Trials ?
      • Stats re-identification, though a minor issue for now, costs so much at higher rarities.

Thank you @Galeas and feel free to add your comments below.
    • Nice and concise list.

I'd like to add that atm there's no proper 6v6 pvp instance since dredgion is now more a rush-and-kill/die/loot bosses and runatorium is about whoever bursts kunax, but the things in need of most urgent attention are the transforms and the enchantment rates.
    • So i bought a pvp weapon and used all my Enchantment Stones to try to get it +15.
      ~100 ancient and ~120 legendary stones (5.8 pre farmed) and the end result is +10.
      Just the thought that i have to enchant all my 18 pieces 3x to +15 with these horrendous rates makes me sick. We definitely need a helping Hand here.
    • Nuke wrote:

Pve wise this patch seems to have a good "progression" but still has decent challenges in the new contet.
      good progression? Where exactly is the pve, there is like literally 0 content to play for on the pve side, i feel a bit demotivated, especially after the fact gears are virtually untradable
      also come on, why on earth do i have to farm hours and hours world mobs to get stupid pvp set :|
      If its gonna be like that we may as well just go to the proper game with that design err
    • One thing that I liked is that now ,on cross server u can trade the items that u got accidentally (tradeable 10 mins)one bard rolled and got accidentally a purple physical feather but at the end he was able to trade and give it to the player who needed it
    • Nuke wrote:

What we dislike:
      • Transformation contracts. We spoke alot about it and I would conclude by saying that a green one (correct for your class) is the minimum to have a normal gameplay. If you could find a way to help everyone get it in a short time it would be great and would not lower your revenue. Hero Trials, Events, you can be creative here.
      • Removal of kinah account warehouse, restrictions on trade for common items. It feels like I have never activated a Gold Pack. I have to put items on the broker to be able to pass them to my alt, this is just plain stupid and kills the whole idea of 3 more character slots (why have more alts if I can't move items and kinah?)
      • Enchant rates, God it is terrible and frustrating. The whole experience is summed up in hoping for a crit at correct levels. And this has to happen multiple times, for all gear!
      • The grind for Fragment of the Fighting Spirit seems to be off in terms of numbers. It is a bottleneck for progression compared to other materials. Providing an example, I now have enough "red materials" to upgrade my legendary pvp chest to Ultimate, but would have to break countless pvp items more or craft Ultimate gear to then break it. Could be a good idea to provide bundles in future events.
      • Legendary PvP Enchantment Stone needs to be dropped more as it is another bottleneck. It takes so many to upgrade even a single item and as of now I do not see enough ways to obtain them. Hopefully in the Hero Trials ?
      • Stats re-identification, though a minor issue for now, costs so much at higher rarities.

• Transformation: There will be an event that should help reaching that goal (not speaking about promo event) in October. But on the long run there will be more events and probably other measures too of course. Right now we are analyzing the situation. How many contracts are being obtained and of which kind.
      • Will raise the concern.
      • Same.
      • Same.
      • Stones: We will have that Hero trials and the successor of the veteran system that should help in that regard. Remember that this new system will be mostly based on game activities and not that much on goldpack activation anymore.
    • Nuke wrote:

After some playtime between pts and live server, I have gathered a few ideas and feedback. I will be brief and hope it will help.
      This feedback comes from a group of 20ish players with mixed gaming styles, some old school players and other rather new ones.

What we like:
      • Pve wise this patch seems to have a good "progression" but still has decent challenges in the new contet.
      • Simplified crafting. Materials are straight forward, everyone can understand what to gather and craft.
      • World bosses, though they seem rather boring in terms of mechanics.
      • The idea of Pvp instances providing enchants.
      • Katalam style map - but with mixed feedback, as pve players and newcomers do not like to be forced into pvp to gear up.
      • Manastones seem to have a decent success rate (but they are currently super expensive).
      • Cube system is a simple but rather fun addition to the game. Everyone can complete it and trade Gold cubes by broker for extra income.

What we dislike:

I agree with everything if this success rate enchanting wont change people will mostlikely play in ancient gear, in Korea the enchant success is high because they have conscience that we need to work on 3 sets but ofc Gameforge decided to change it and turn something good into cancer same as the socketing i failed 20 manastones on my chest this is surreal counting that we need to socket 3 sets since everytime we upgrade our sets we lose the previous manastones socketed.
      Another issue that wasnt mentioned that its the kinah cost of everything honestly its surreal the prices of some stuff, for ex. 300k kinah to use 1 stigma enchantment stone ?! Maintenance housing fees are at old prices this needs to be changed,, this is a great patch but its being destroyed completely and we have 33kk limit of sales and you ask 12kk for 1 transformation contract at kinah shop? Is this logical ?.
      PS i didnt mention broker fees because i understand them being high helps preventing some people from re-selling and overpricing stuff, those are fine.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eggsdee ().

• The reason why I believe Green transform to be the minimun is completely personal. I have found myself playing with old att speed gloves to make it decent, so a green form could compensate it. Yes it's not optimal but a start. I thought compromising would be key in asking for realistic solutions.

As for pve, again, this is what I've gathered and Gf can't do much about the content alone. I personally found the progression to be ok, but I understand pve players may have already seen some instances countless times.

About enchant rates, having more Stones would simplify the initial process (yellow grade) to then leave a challenge (and money sink) for ultimate gear. Yes it fails too much even at Legendary status, but at the moment it's just frustrating to upgrade even the yellow gear.

Lastly about kinah cap and income, I believe the main source of kinah is not to be found in Npc but rather selling crafting materials,cubes, manastones. I find it very possible to farm a lot of money.

Thanks for answering me point by point and for your other comments

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nuke ().

• My experience with enchanting on PTS/Live server is the same.
      Which is bad... it's a long and frustrating process, twisting one's nerves all over again... +1 then -1... +2, then -3... it's horrible.
      And there's the issue of getting all those stones.
      We need thousands of ancients and thousands of legendary / ultimate stones so that we can enchant all pieces.
      With grinding it will take years.

Galeas, I know.. you raised the concern.
      However, until something is being done (I hope not crumbles thrown at us), people are getting irritated and they start to lose hope... since no official statement was ever made.
      We got only your word Galeas, but at the moment... it's far from being a fact.
      I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    • There is one thing that nearly no one noticed, actualy pts had a different patch, or different files on it.
      We have now on live servers a different item restrictions, different amount of materials on extraction and some other stuff, almost all of those things are nerfs/bad stuff for players.
    • John wrote:

There is one thing that nearly no one noticed, actualy pts had a different patch, or different files on it.
      We have now on live servers a different item restrictions, different amount of materials on extraction and some other stuff, almost all of those things are nerfs/bad stuff for players.
      As a side question since i know you leveled crafting on PTS - weren't craft materials tradeable (malleability stones)? Because their current tooltip on live servers says not tradeable but can sell through broker.

@Galeas keep in mind transformations are realistically the only thing making players rip their hair out in this patch. Everything else can wait. Every day of playing with no attack speed is torture. Unless that event is coming the very first week of october and it's guaranteed to give us at least an ancient, maybe revisiting the option of giving out one free ancient of our choosing per account would be a good idea.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alibi ().