6.2 Worth coming back?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6.2 Worth coming back?

I quit one year or so ago, and I was wondering if now that this patch hit the game is worth another shot.
      I would give it a try myself but I have read some quite controversial things such as the removal of mov/atk speed, permanent transformations (how does character customization fit into this new system btw?), p2w walls, ridiculously low enchantment chances... and I'd like some clarification on all that. Also, does my old account with extremely outdated gear bring any advantages, like gold pack rewards and golden feather/bracelet, or is it all gone? Should I come back to this game that I hate to love, or should I just not bother?
      Ty!
    • Sorry but can't respond to that due to the community rules, since it could bring negativity from a topic like this.
      "Avoid posts that are considered: spamming, trolling, flaming, boycotting, “quitting the game”, “violating the Terms and Conditions” or in general upsetting the forum atmosphere."

So I will give a neutral response: Perhaps.
      :cookieshugo:
    • For me no, it doesn't worth it at the moment. The devs in their attempt to erase all their previous mistakes they end up erasing the few of the positives aion had too. But in any case leveling is super fast now, 1 - 2 days max for 0 - 80, so you don't loose anything to try...

The transformation system replaced the old speed/attack/cast/ scrolls. There are 3 ways this system works:
      1. Tranformation potions (you don't keep your charackter's appearence)
      2. Transformation contract with simple "Transformation scroll" (you don't keep your charackter's appearence)
      3. Transformation contract with "Transparency Transformation Scroll" (you keep your charackter's original appearence)
      Problem with this system is that these transformations have grades, and players can't get a decent grade with good stats, not if they aren't super lucky or pay to get it from shop with a terrible RNG.

Enchantement is riddiculous. 0-10 is possible. From +10 to +15 the success rate is insanely reduced.

About your old gears, check the patchnotes, if you have any gear that might give you any compensated new item. Depends on gear / enchantement level.
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • in 6.5 they improve the enchant rates. But regarding your question , if you are willing to play as a free player , and by free I mean not spending a cent in the item shop(to be more exact , on transformation scrolls) , then for me its a no , the game for me , in my opinion is unplayable. But if u are willing to do so ,spent some cash, u will probably enjoy it a lot more than previous patches like 5.x. I had few runs of open world solo/group pvp with my remaining transformation pots which were giving me decent movement and attack speed on the new map , even though im on ely side which was heavily uneven due to the lack of server balance , I really had fun time.Now im out of them I dunno what to do , but it wont be a problem for someone who uses the xform himself rather than using potions.Regarding stats , things are more simple now , more clear on what u want to go for.Leveling is also way enjoyable than ever , most of the quests are like speak to npc -> kill mobs -> speak to another npc -> pick new quests from the same npc u deliver the quest , and so on , u usually dont have to go back to deliver the quest.On new server first one who reached 80 was under 6 hours .Its a good update , but …. ye im really trying to be as neutral as possible ^^

That's my opinion and just like @[NICK]tuhka said perhaps , I will say : Depends.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hizamaruu ().

• Basically high or decent attack/move speed is behind a very high paywall. If you are coming back, go play on new servers or get 2 shot by people that got exchange gear Legendaries +15 / Ultimates +7. But I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, theres far better MMO's that are worth your money.
    • Very worth it.

The game feels fresh and new the majority starting from ground zero, much faster leveling, improved combat system and the flow seems amazing with barely any downtime now.
      transformation potions and legendary enchantment stones are being worked on by gameforge and they already shared that they have a plan for them. Other than that coming from someone who played Aion since beta, this patch imo is one of the best patches to be released in the game.

You can also check many Aion youtubers and streamers, they all seem to be very positive about the changes.
    • Olympic wrote:

Very worth it.

The game feels fresh and new the majority starting from ground zero, much faster leveling, improved combat system and the flow seems amazing with barely any downtime now.
      transformation potions and legendary enchantment stones are being worked on by gameforge and they already shared that they have a plan for them. Other than that coming from someone who played Aion since beta, this patch imo is one of the best patches to be released in the game.

You can also check many Aion youtubers and streamers, they all seem to be very positive about the changes.
      Best word
    • Olympic wrote:

Very worth it.

This person got the mark of the beast:666
      Not my circus, not my monkeys
    • You can come and check it out, as it was stated the patch looks "good" but only on paper. When you actually gonna play it you will most likely be disappointed fast, since everything runs with a really really really really slow gameplay.

If you enjoy killing mobs 2 min and move from one spot to another in 3 days so basically if you have a abnormal patience in terms of slow movement then sure go ahead play it. Forgot also the non-exited enchantment stones to upgrade your gear. Sure they will drop abit during week when you play, but never ever gonna be enough what you will need or hope for.

If gameforge wont fix this two issues in the next weeks, also add stuff on hero trials im afraid we all gonna lose patience.

I would say come and play leveling is easy, but leave if nothing gonna be done in October in terms of contracts or enhancement stones. So do think the majority at the moment. Good luck.
    • If you are a free to play player, and don't have money for a gold pack, you can make 1 more alt, if people are saying it's up to 3 days max to level 80, then when game forge release a better patch, that there is actually a way to make kinah you will have 2 toons to make kinah in future...
    • 6.2 is not for all mollycoddles who think that they have to have everything easy and asap. As almost everything is reworked you need to work for your equipment, a huge amount of farming hours, instances entries etc. Looks like it comes back to 2.7 or 4.0 game style ...
    • Well I eventually came back, made a new character, leveling, chilling. Mostly annoyed at the fact that I constantly have to play as a bad textured polar bear. Character customization is one of the key features of mmorpgs, I don't get why they threw it all out with this system. Like, at all.
      Personally, if getting a good transformation or at least a transparent one is something that requires MONTHS and won't be addressed/fixed by gf, I'ma leave again.
      There's only so much time a person can invest in playing a gimped, slow, pre-metin2-graphics character before looking for other games imo.
    • I used to really love this game but it has shrunk to a slow motion farming game in one small map, most of the day disguised in ugly transforms, , made a chanter to play solo, can't farm, gangs of elys who massively outumber asmos roaming around .Have less skills and less fun, just grinding mindlessly, breaking pvp enchantment stones. And half my friends stopped playing already in less than a week.