6.2 PvE Dmg optimization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6.2 PvE Dmg optimization

The recent update changed the classes probably the most since 4.8 (or even more in some aspects), therefore I wondered - playing various classes myself - what has to be done to optimize the damage from now on and what changed in regard of their potential in dealing damage compared to other classes.

E.g. there were discussions about gladiators, about abandoning weaving and going back to the polearm. When I tested things for 2min the highest dmg outcome so far (considering my 8-10% crit rate and the legendary exchange weapons) happened when I used my old Enhanced Fallusha sword as offhand, probably because the weapon attack is so much higher:

Me: 5.760.645 (50%),Dps/peak: 50.062(100.973),Hits/max: 273(153.300) Crits(23) DW, no weaving, shards, AtkSpeed 0.8 (50%) 8% Crit <- Exchange Legendary Weapons +15/+10
      Me: 5.835.841 (50%),Dps/peak: 56.415(149.124),Hits/max: 280(117.251) Crits(23) Pole, no weaving, shards, Atk 1.4 (50%) 8% Crit <- Dark Flame Polearm (Legendary) +2
      Me: 5.865.890 (50%),Dps/peak: 56.101(149.124),Hits/max: 310(118.611) Crits(22) Pole, slight weaving, shards, Atk 1.4 (50%) 8% Crit <- Dark Flame Polearm (Legendary) +2
      Me: 6.747.433 (50%) Dps/peak: 58.639(260.766),Hits/max: 413(181.746) Crits(39) DW, weaving, shards, AtkSpeed 0.8 (50%) 10% Crit <- Enhanced Fallusha sword
      *all AoE-dmg has been reduced to one hit per AoE

Of course a sin can't just switch its weapon, but the outcome might be similar. Or maybe there's a point where new weapons are entirely better.

I've noticed as well that SM rotations were mentioned to have become quite simple due to the new daeva skill Vacuum Shoke. As well as I wonder about the new potential of the ranger class regarding the fact that you hardly have any speed issues and can use 3 eyes at once since Eagle Eye became a stance now.
      Not to forget about the manastone choice between crit (spell) and phy./mag. attack.

What are your opinions? What did you find out so far?

Gladi: 1 2
      Cleric: 1 2
      Temp: 1 2
    • Click wrote:

I got told that using a Greatsword in PvE > using a Polearm since both weapon have the same weapon attack but Greatsword still has
      higher attack speed.
      Unfortunately you can't select the GS from boxes, therefore I can't test it. Maybe someone can test it with equal weapons, might be interesting.

Someone on the German forum asked about using an old dagger, so I tested that as well with similar results (since I used no shards & Kromede potion it's not comparable to above though):

Juhani: 5.804.372 (99%),Dps/peak: 50.104(214.038),Hits/max: 431(149.178) Crits(18) 308.326 Exchange Dagger +15 (Legendary) + Enh. Fallusha Sword +23
      Juhani: 5.767.687 (100%),Dps/peak: 49.183(128.652),Hits/max: 427(130.492) Crits(23) 232.584 Enh. Fallusha Dagger +25 + Exchange Sword +10 (Legendary)
      Juhani: 5.742.552 (100%),Dps/peak: 49.194(129.720),Hits/max: 373(140.819) Crits(18) 308.326 Exchange Dagger +15 (Legendary) + Enh. Fallusha Dagger +25

My Fallusha Dagger has a Ragnarock's Curse GS though, so the real result might differ a bit.

• Click wrote:

I got told that using a Greatsword in PvE > using a Polearm since both weapon have the same weapon attack but Greatsword still has higher attack speed.
      uh they don't ? unless you mistaken it for "physical attack", weapon attack it still same as before between the two with greatsword having a higher minimum value and a lower maximum value compared to polearm. physical attack (magical too) is the same across all weapons of the same set/gear. As for if it's better cause of attack speed that needs some testing.
    • Wolx wrote:

Click wrote:

I got told that using a Greatsword in PvE > using a Polearm since both weapon have the same weapon attack but Greatsword still has higher attack speed.
      uh they don't ? unless you mistaken it for "physical attack", weapon attack it still same as before between the two with greatsword having a higher minimum value and a lower maximum value compared to polearm. physical attack (magical too) is the same across all weapons of the same set/gear. As for if it's better cause of attack speed that needs some testing.
      the min - max dmg of weapon does not matter anymore. test it out yourself, your skills ALWAYS deal the same dmg, no more variance. just depends on how much weapon attack & physical attack you have vs the defences of the target. so gs attacks faster but has a bit less dmg per skill overall. no more rng and "high burst" on pole tho.
    • Akyraan wrote:

your skills
      Well I guess weapon attack is something you can discuss in regards of auto atk, but I guess the GS is more of a "smash the skill bar"-weapon.

About Rangers: Seems like Lethal Arrow got better with its cast time removed, but Meleen still insists on Explosive Arrow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sirkka ().

• Almost 7m dmg in 2mins? dafaq

Made my own test if someone is interested.

2 purple items from narakali +3, rest is GoK +6/7 rolled for accuracy + crit/physical attack
      1.) Ancient pve polearm +6 bought with genesis crystals (dont judge, had no weapon chest from GoK for 2 weeks)
      2.) GoK Longsword +6 and ancient noble rubrum dagger +6

1.) Main hand Attack: 649, Physical Attack: 10559, Additional pve physical attack 1451, crit 2656, attack speed 2.0

rotation: Weakenig Blow -> Sure Strike -> Cleave -> Ferocious Strike -> Body Smash -> Sharp Strike, auto attack here and there, no aoe skills, shards, no Deavic Fury

6,7m dmg (10min)

2.) Main hand attack 235, off-hand attack: 224, physical attack 10442, Additional pve physical attack 1443, crit 2199, attack speed 1.2

same rotation, no aoe, shards, no deavic fury, a weave here and there

5,5m dmg (10min)
    • I had polearm compensation for my fallusha +25 weapons, then i've made a bit of research on korean forums and saw that they mainly use x2 swords and polearms to aoe. I've made ticket and exchanged my polearms for x2 swords getting AS cap with a legendary potion ( yes i know, the cap is higher with swords that dagger, but that's 0.1 so i don't think it's a big deal, at least not for me).
      What's sad is that I deal a lot more dmg with my AT which has garden gear and ancient +10 compensation pvp wep combined with quest pve one , lower crit, lower magical attack and lower additional pve dmg.
      Gear updated 24/07/18
      Glad | Sin
      Rerolled to easy mode gameplay (AT)